Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
One of the 88,000 things I would prefer going through life without knowing.
You must understand the context of how your comment fits, but it's lost on me.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
No sugar coat here agreed the hotel has much to accomplish to get to Hyatt standards.
Having said that there wasn't anything this hotel wouldn't do to make Hyatt guests happy when asked (self included).
Did you ask for a better room?
The hotel is suite friendly when asked or available.
Its also a great value at the price point in an excellent location.
I'd paid around 100 dollars and would go back for a night if I had too.
Even as a non Hyatt as a GP Diamond I was treated better than the Park Hyatt in New York and upgraded to a very large suite on their suggestion
Of course the brand standard has a way to go but its on its way!
I too look forward to the improvements
Cheers
Good post here. While I agree too that it has a way to go, you get what you pay for - and can stay here near the LAX airport for usually less than $150 (and it's less than the Hyatt Place nearby).
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I go to this place each time I'm in and out of LAX - three stays in the past month

For my upcoming bookings I found that the Costco rate is lower than my corporate rate.

Thanks for those on the thread that have described how to get discounts on that parking rate. The drive up parking price is about $15.50/day
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by 4aks
Thanks for those on the thread that have described how to get discounts on that parking rate. The drive up parking price is about $15.50/day
An additional bit of advice on the parking here - usually when I'm there its a TPAC flight morning arrival so I am in and out of the hotel throughout the day time and the garage next door doesn't have in and out privileges.

I have always found an abundance of street parking right next to the hotel with credit card equipped meters. That has been a big help for the in and outs to the hotel during the day and then I put it in the garage for overnight as the meters are only valid until 6pm (I think)
Old Mar 26, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Has the hotel given any indication as to when the rooms renovations will be complete?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Has the hotel given any indication as to when the rooms renovations will be complete?
I was told that renovation should start this summer.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I was told the public spaces should start in May and the rooms June/July
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
www.cheapairportparking.org

Never knew this existed, but am paying $5.50/day for using their great parking garage. Paying to park a Hertz car is not my favorite thing to do, but the rate eases the pain.

Current promo holds sway for booking this hotel. Stayed here last week and it was good enough to book again for a late night landing in two days and another early AM departure next week. Rates are about $40 less than preferred SPG hotels. Highlight of hotel would be the parking garage.
Two things:
1. Big thanks to hedoman!

2. Pick up a coupon code at retailmenot.com and get $5 off with current coupon "Cheapism" or other discounts. cheapairportparking.org allows easy cancels. The only bummer is that you have to print the reservation (apparently). And, obviously, no in-and-out priveleges.

Sidenote: I spent about 50 nights at the downtown LA hotel during its never-completed conversion. I'm coming up on 20 nights here. Will this be another?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I need a LAX hotel the night of May 20th for leisure trip. This place is ~$50 more that night vs usual ... I see that it's targeted as a Cat 3 -- has anyone been able to do a P+C stay or apply the Chase Free night award?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:01 pm

I'm on my mobile, so I'm unable to read whole thread to see if this has been mentioned. Sorry if repeat. Diamond breakfast is full buffet in restaurant, breakfast in bar/lounge area OR room service. Previous stays I hadn't heard about room service option.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:39 pm

checking in here next week, is the gym decent?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
checking in here next week, is the gym decent?
Well, it's big. A couple of things I would note though: There is no door. Homeless folks seem to come in there and sleep. There was a guy with several shiopping bags, between the recumbent bikes, early one morning of my stay. Perhaps "homeless" isn't fair/accurate; they may just have long layovers and not want to pay for a room. Whatever. They hang out in the lobby using the free wi-fi from time to time too. I wasn't bothered, so I didn't ask the hotel staff to oust the guy in the fitness center. I imagine they would have.

The fitness center equipment is not really rugged/quality enough for hotel use. It's Nautilus, as opposed to Precor or Life Fitness...or even Technogym. As a result, a lot of it is broken. But there is a lot of equipment, so I always found something functional. Last weekend, one of the bikes was broken and beeping constantly...three days. That was kind of a distraction and source of aggravation. They also have stairclimbers, something you don't see regularly any more. I imagine one day it will all be thrown on a trash heap and modern, functional equipment will arrive. That'll be nice.

Most of the equipment doesn't have televisions (which is great for me, but may bother others). There are a couple of big televisions hung from a pillar in the center of the room. (Bummer for me because I end up listening to everyone else's choice of programming and can't hear my music.)

There isn't much stretching room, and the weight facilities are meager compared to the cardio, Really meager.

It is 24 hours.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Well, it's big. A couple of things I would note though: There is no door. Homeless folks seem to come in there and sleep. There was a guy with several shiopping bags, between the recumbent bikes, early one morning of my stay.
LOL! Wow i have never seen that before. A homeless shelter as a work out room is far from ideal. It is a one night stay so I can deal, but wow....
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:03 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Well, it's big. A couple of things I would note though: There is no door. Homeless folks seem to come in there and sleep. There was a guy with several shiopping bags, between the recumbent bikes, early one morning of my stay.
LOL! Wow i have never seen that before. A homeless shelter as a work out room is far from ideal. It is a one night stay so I can deal, but wow....
365RoadWarrior I hope you gave him one of your Diamond breakfast buffet coupons?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:10 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I'm on my mobile, so I'm unable to read whole thread to see if this has been mentioned. Sorry if repeat. Diamond breakfast is full buffet in restaurant, breakfast in bar/lounge area OR room service. Previous stays I hadn't heard about room service option.
I just checked in this evening. After reading this I asked about it. I was told specifically that Room Service is NOT included.

I also was assigned a room with 2 beds. Not a big deal, but I may be testing the "guaranteed room type" benefit for Hyatt diamonds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.