FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:16 pm
365RoadWarrior

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
checking in here next week, is the gym decent?
Well, it's big. A couple of things I would note though: There is no door. Homeless folks seem to come in there and sleep. There was a guy with several shiopping bags, between the recumbent bikes, early one morning of my stay. Perhaps "homeless" isn't fair/accurate; they may just have long layovers and not want to pay for a room. Whatever. They hang out in the lobby using the free wi-fi from time to time too. I wasn't bothered, so I didn't ask the hotel staff to oust the guy in the fitness center. I imagine they would have.

The fitness center equipment is not really rugged/quality enough for hotel use. It's Nautilus, as opposed to Precor or Life Fitness...or even Technogym. As a result, a lot of it is broken. But there is a lot of equipment, so I always found something functional. Last weekend, one of the bikes was broken and beeping constantly...three days. That was kind of a distraction and source of aggravation. They also have stairclimbers, something you don't see regularly any more. I imagine one day it will all be thrown on a trash heap and modern, functional equipment will arrive. That'll be nice.

Most of the equipment doesn't have televisions (which is great for me, but may bother others). There are a couple of big televisions hung from a pillar in the center of the room. (Bummer for me because I end up listening to everyone else's choice of programming and can't hear my music.)

There isn't much stretching room, and the weight facilities are meager compared to the cardio, Really meager.

It is 24 hours.