Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, SPG Plat100, HGP Plat, AF Plat, *A G (A3)
Originally Posted by jayer
3. It is worn but not trashed, but they don't call it a Hyatt yet either do they? Was not a bad value for what we paid, but compare current prices before you decide. Not like LAX is the lap of luxury hotels anyway.
Paid this hotel an empty room to requalify Diamond in Dec. The gentleman working the Diamond check-in is probably the most friendly FD I have ever met, who upgraded me automatically to a junior suite on 12F, with nice view on the big "LAX" sign at airport entrance.
Normal check-in queue was also probably the longest I have ever seen anywhere - makes you feel really great being diamond!

Hotel will not have the right to the "Hyatt" name till Q1 2016, when they expect to finish all upgrading necessary to the Hyatt standards. Will be branded a HR if I remember correctly. In the meantime they give all HGP benefits according to rules and credit stays diligently.

Room is a bit old but tastefully decorated. Top-notch window noise insulation, I must say. Cannot comment on thin walls and hallway noise though. Obviously I got a new comfortable bed - renovation priority, I suppose. Seemed very adequate for a one night stay - I'm usually quite demanding.

Maybe food is not the best but I see lots of guests having a great time at the bar. For one-nighters (which make up most of the guests I presume) it may not be that bad. Mind you that this hotel is a gigantic factory - how many rooms do they have, anyone knows?

All in all, if you are condemned to staying one night at LAX (early flights etc), I think this property is a great deal given the low price it often charges.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This hotel seems small compared to the Sheraton Gateway LAX down the street, which tends to have much higher prices (but does have a lounge).

If this one is becoming a Hyatt Regency, will it get a lounge? When?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: La Quinta Elite IHGSPIRE HH Diamond BW Diamond Hyatt Diamond
It sounds like the Flyertalkers have had better experiences here than the Yelpers and other review sites. I just booked a few nights. Good rates for this year, especially if you don't need to pay for parking. Free breakfast and internet is great. Too bad they don't accept Hyatt Gift Cards as of yet (according to the reviews).
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by gadberry
It sounds like the Flyertalkers have had better experiences here than the Yelpers and other review sites. I just booked a few nights. Good rates for this year, especially if you don't need to pay for parking. Free breakfast and internet is great. Too bad they don't accept Hyatt Gift Cards as of yet (according to the reviews).
Wow, you're a braver soul than I after reading descriptions of this property on FT. I'll be staying at the HP LAX/El Segundo instead in April.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:22 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Wow, you're a braver soul than I after reading descriptions of this property on FT. I'll be staying at the HP LAX/El Segundo instead in April.
I like the ability to walk to the terminals, or take a shuttle that takes maybe 5 minutes. To me convenience far trumps anything else for a short stay which is all I have at this property.

The rooms are dated, but on my last stay, the Select Comfort bed from the Radisson days has been replaced, and linens seem to be to the Hyatt standard. If a Diamond, the free breakfast is miles better than what is offered at Hyatt Place.

Plus, the price is right.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
AKA, "the hotel where time stood still"

Boy, do they hide their light under a hat. Here - FlyerTalk - is about the only place where their affiliation with Hyatt is clear. There's nothing on the building that says Hyatt in name or logo, even the temporary banner. It's as obscure as can be on the shuttle. And third party booking sites still have it as Radisson. Even Groupon - which is running a sale currently - bills it - and uses an old photo of it - as Radisson. For all the dissatisfaction that the less-than-Hyatt standard engenders, so much the better for us, in terms of price and availability.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I had to "educate" a shuttle driver for the hotel when a person at the airport asked if this was the shuttle for the Hyatt and the drive said no,,,,

I have a feeling this is going to be another "Hyatt Affiliated" property that never sees an actual Hyatt flag (like the "Downtown Hotel)
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

According to the website it says all rooms have the new Hyatt Grand Beds?
Wonder if anything else has been done
My insight here is satisfactory stays dated surroundings
Otherwise safe clean and odor free?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:26 am

I stayed here a week ago, there's been much improvement since it was a Radisson. Still some things that need attention, but MUCH better.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
According to the website it says all rooms have the new Hyatt Grand Beds?
Wonder if anything else has been done?
As for me and my room yes on the bed. Perhaps the soft furniture; or it was at least OK or no worse than random hotel. But not much else.

My insight here is satisfactory stays dated surroundings
Otherwise safe clean and odor free?
Good summary if you add large, dark public spaces, and a bit cavernous.

My take is good choice for a layover based on being very close and not overpriced for LAX. I fear the price will elevate before the overall quality to a point that makes it uncompetetive as a layover hotel. Which is what I need it to be.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by jayer
As for me and my room yes on the bed. Perhaps the soft furniture; or it was at least OK or no worse than random hotel. But not much else.

Good summary if you add large, dark public spaces, and a bit cavernous.

My take is good choice for a layover based on being very close and not overpriced for LAX. I fear the price will elevate before the overall quality to a point that makes it uncompetetive as a layover hotel. Which is what I need it to be.
I'm ok with the crappy fading tubs and all that
I just fear stench of any kind and not being clean.Dated is fine for the short term
I believe the market will dictate the ADR at the end of the day
If they over price or make it a sub par Hyatt I'll be at the Sheraton next door who is also getting a top to bottom renovation
My guess is Sheraton Gateway LAX wants to make sure of its supremacy on that block
It was already light years ahead of the Radisson
The Sheraton rates historically has been 99 to 159 on average or
7000 points a night and has always been my first choice at LAX
Its hard to imagine this former Radisson becoming a Hyatt Regency
The bones of the hotel are so bad and so dated
The budget would have to be extensive to make it a success
I will interview the hotel to get some more forthcoming information
Heres hoping this doesn't become a lipstick on a pig makeover

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 7, 2015 at 9:06 pm
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Frindle
I stayed here a week ago, there's been much improvement since it was a Radisson. Still some things that need attention, but MUCH better.
Thanks for the update
Hopefully it will be completed for my arrival this week
I promise not to mistake it for the Park Hyatt Sydney with butler service
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thanks for the update
Hopefully it will be completed for my arrival this week
I promise not to mistake it for the Park Hyatt Sydney with butler service
The only thing is the walls still seem to be paper thin. Fixing that is probably not in the cards, unfortunately.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
I prefer the Concourse over LAX Hyatt Place primarily because of the Breakfast and occasional suite upgrades.

10 nights last year 8 so far this year.

Good value and location

You will be fine if your expetations are in line with a transitioning Radisson Hotel.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by mapsgl
I prefer the Concourse over LAX Hyatt Place primarily because of the Breakfast and occasional suite upgrades.

10 nights last year 8 so far this year.

Good value and location

You will be fine if your expetations are in line with a transitioning Radisson Hotel.
Lol fake IHG Platinum in your profile
The Hyatt Place LAX was lovely but the bed really sucks as hard as concrete
It may be a Grand Bed mattress but no box spring
The Concourse housekeeping verified today real box spring and Grand Bed
So I am putting on my blinders and going forward
I'll be at Century Plaza by the next day so all good all things considered
Hopefully

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.