Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Current Parking Prices (as of 8/4/2019) at QuikPark LAX; same shuttle as Hyatt.

Valet $55 per night
Self Park with In/Out $48 per night
Overnight Self Park $28 per night

https://www.quikparklosangelesairport.com/reservations/
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Stayed here on Thursday night.

I just walked from LAX T6. Easy, safe and pleasant walk.

Check-in was friendly and Diamond status was acknowledged. Not asked for amenity choice. Room was proactively upgraded to a junior suite. The keycards say "a Hyatt Affiliate" or some such.

Tired room... literature in the room indicated a major renovation was imminent. Fruit plate, water and personal note placed on the work desk.

Rooms facing Century have great LAX views. No noise issues. Thick, non-opening windows.

Wifi is free and fast.

Breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant was decent... nothing outstanding. Signed the bill, no mention of the comp.

Exercise room is terrible. Cramped room, old equipment.

I left in a hurry so didn't checkout. Received a PDF folio via e-mail with the figures bang-on, no breakfast charge.

Stay / points posted within 48 hours. 1W bonus included.

I paid $120 on a AAA rate and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Similar experience as YYZC2.

I stayed here twice and my first week was given an upgrade to the junior suite (which was like two rooms joined together)

The rooms are pretty tired, but the service is pretty good. Diamond recognition upon arrival with no noise from the airport (I was on a high room floor facing the airport too).

Would stay here again.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by canon5dfan
Similar experience as YYZC2.
I stayed here twice and my first week was given an upgrade to the junior suite (which was like two rooms joined together)
The rooms are pretty tired, but the service is pretty good. Diamond recognition upon arrival with no noise from the airport (I was on a high room floor facing the airport too).
Would stay here again.
Very similar experience to the previous posters. Went up to the Penthouse Floor, just poking around, where they have meeting rooms, and a former bar area now also being used as a meeting room. What a great Club Lounge or bar that would be! Great 270 degree views. Hope they do something great with the space. Heading back to the property next week, and am just tickled to have this Hyatt alternative within walking distance of LAX. Hope they come up with some attractive Park 'N Fly options, what with the proximity to the Kwik Park.

Last edited by slocouple; Sep 10, 2014 at 9:14 pm
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:48 am

in case you were thinking of trying to Best Rate Guarantee this property, i'd hold off; i was denied because:

"I have reviewed your claim and determined that, based on this location not yet being branded as a Hyatt hotel, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee."

though i can't tell if/when it will finally be fully under the Hyatt umbrella? (it was listed as an option on the BRG form, though, but i guess that doesn't mean anything.)
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:17 am

Are Diamonds getting 500-1000 points as welcome amenity?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:52 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Are Diamonds getting 500-1000 points as welcome amenity?
Yes, 1000 points.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Actually I didn't receive my 1,000 points. Your post reminded me to check. I guess it's time to chase some Hyatt points again.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:36 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Actually I didn't receive my 1,000 points. Your post reminded me to check. I guess it's time to chase some Hyatt points again.
In your case, enjoy your 1500
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by jonk
in case you were thinking of trying to Best Rate Guarantee this property, i'd hold off; i was denied because:

"I have reviewed your claim and determined that, based on this location not yet being branded as a Hyatt hotel, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee."

though i can't tell if/when it will finally be fully under the Hyatt umbrella? (it was listed as an option on the BRG form, though, but i guess that doesn't mean anything.)
yep that happened to me a month ago. they had promised to remove the option from the BRG form...
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by slocouple
Went up to the Penthouse Floor, just poking around, where they have meeting rooms, and a former bar area now also being used as a meeting room. What a great Club Lounge or bar that would be! Great 270 degree views..
If I recall correctly that's where the lounge was when it was a Hyatt before - along with a ballroom.

If I also correctly recall the aging infrastructure was the whispered reason when Hyatt got out of it. Can't imagine that Radisson did any more than the day to day stuff. Going to be interesting.

Also I wonder what's with the - new? - "affiliate" status concept.

Also - are people happy with the $129-and-up rates? It would seem that under the current condition an under-$100 rate would make more sense. We have the elite perks and stay credit pull that add to the value prospect but most prospects don't.

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 13, 2014 at 6:23 pm
Old Sep 13, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I did an exploratory stay here last night.
They were having a LOT of trouble checking folks in- over 20 minutes for me once I got to the (new) FDA who was very nice but clueless. I was also told that the integration with the Hyatt resie system was not going smoothly.
The room was not horrid-but not great. It was surprisingly quiet for an old airport property.
HUGE problems with the elevators.
Restaurant had a $36 "Prime" rib dinner that was less than wonderful
Breakfast was okay-but just that.
I asked them to comp the parking because of the elevator fiasco and this was gladly done. I saw no hint of any renovation work being done.
I think I will wait until the transformation is complete for my next stay.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I saw no hint of any renovation work being done.
I think I will wait until the transformation is complete for my next stay.
FDA said renovations will start in October and take 18 months. IIRC, he said Hyatt is planning to spend $40 million on the renovations.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Hyatt's m.o. of booking almost from the moment that they take over old properties regardless of the "starting line" - as we're seeing around the system - seems to work for us - on balance.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
Hyatt's m.o. of booking almost from the moment that they take over old properties regardless of the "starting line" - as we're seeing around the system - seems to work for us - on balance.
It worked for a while - kind of - in Downtown LA
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Just finished a stay here. Honestly not a bad property given it's proximity to LAX and lower rates (compared to other hotels in the area). Service was great, and the hotel is nothing to brag about but was clean, quiet, and comfortable.

Originally Posted by BTA
Yes, 1000 points.
Confirmed, me too.

Originally Posted by BTA
In your case, enjoy your 1500
Love this policy of Hyatt. ^
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Still no 1,000 points for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.