FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:21 am
Markie
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I am just finishing up my third stay in two weeks.

Whilst the property desperately needs the Hyatt touch, the stand out is the staff in my view. They really try to go beyond what you would expect at every encounter. From the host at the restaurant seeing me lost looking for the lifts and walking over to call one after she called me over, to the front desk clerk who moved rooms around so I could check in at 0930am!

I had one employee who was less than helpful and when I mentioned it in the survey I was sent, I got a personal email and phone call from the Front Office Manager when I came back! (And a little gift too!)

The staff seem to be genuinely excited about becoming a Hyatt and I am delighted about that. I think in a year when all the changes are done this will be a modern hotel with a great staff.

The other highlight is the shuttle - Purple in colour and features QuikPark a bit more than the hotel - is super! Every 10 minutes they say. I have barely had to wait 5 for pickup from the airport. They leave from the back of the hotel or you can walk 50 yds to the bottom of the park structure as the shuttles wait there before leaving.

Last edited by Markie; Sep 3, 2014 at 7:36 am