FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency LAX REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2014, 5:58 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slocouple
And would you choose this for a short one-nighter over the Hyatt Place El Segundo?
I haven't stayed at that HP. I would prefer the Concourse for convenience reasons. Its great to just walk to the terminals and I like running around LAX to watch traffic inbound and outbound. There is a shuttle as well if you prefer. Its more of a walk for Terminals 3/4/5 or TBIT.

If you want a more updated room, the HP might be better, but otherwise, I don't have a problem recommending the Concourse.

I've never stayed at the HP El Segundo since when I have tried, it was often near capacity, so it was expensive. I typically opt for the Sheraton LAX, but now I'm glad to have a few options so close to the airport.

As this property is renovated it may get more expensive, but hopefully even nicer. It has worked for me for quick stays before morning flights from LAX.

Edited to add: a link to a review of my most recent stay at this hotel. As of mid-August, it seems to be better integrating with Hyatt and Gold Passport. The Concourse Hotel at LAX I hope the photos and other bits of info there (and that I posted above) are useful.

This link is to my blog, and per FT rules, I'm disclosing that fact in this post.

Last edited by BTA; Aug 12, 2014 at 9:25 am Reason: added link to my review of hotel