Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:04 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, I'm booked into an Andaz Suite. Does anyone know if minibar includes alcoholic drinks in Andaz suites, or just soft drinks, similarly to regular rooms? Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:22 am

I've stayed in the sky suite even and it's just the standard non alcoholic stuff that's included. With that said it's an amazing room. Book it with virtuoso so you can upgrade to the sky suite it's much bigger and an amazing room.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HAT
Hey guys, I'm booked into an Andaz Suite. Does anyone know if minibar includes alcoholic drinks in Andaz suites, or just soft drinks, similarly to regular rooms? Thanks!
Just waters, veg juice, orange juice, green tea and colas. Everything else is chargeable.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:55 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Thanks guys!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:26 pm

They do pour some decent wines during the nightly happy hour in the lounge.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:39 pm

Thank you to the recent posters above. I am staying at the Andaz Tokyo very soon and didn't know that Globalists don't get upgrades and cannot use the suite upgrade vouchers - nevertheless it seems that as long as you get a decent room upgrade it seems fine. Hopefully because it's my birthday they will do something special !
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:58 pm

I'm looking at the names of the different rooms at the Andaz and it there seems to be:

Andaz King
Andaz Bay View King
Andaz Tower View King

The bay and tower views are pretty self explanatory but what's outside the window of a standard king?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GiantCow
I'm looking at the names of the different rooms at the Andaz and it there seems to be:

Andaz King
Andaz Bay View King
Andaz Tower View King

The bay and tower views are pretty self explanatory but what's outside the window of a standard king?
Whatever they give you. You don't get to decide.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:31 am

I think the standard room looks out towards Ginza (or at least that's one of the views).
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:46 am

Thanks. I guess I should have spent some more time checking the website, there's a detailed floorplan of the different rooms. Looks like the 4 directions the rooms face are Imperial Palace/Skytree, Tower, Tokyo Bay and Shinjuku/Akasaka. (https://tokyo.andaz.hyatt.com/conten...s-floormap.pdf)

Follow-up question for those more familiar with this property and their practices: I'm hoping to book a Point+Cash stay here in Feb from a Friday-Monday. There's a standard king available for Friday and Sunday but no P+C options on Saturday. I've read in earlier pages of this thread that it's common for this property to block Saturdays from P+C until shortly before the date.

Would it be advisable to book the Fri and Sun nights now and hope that Sat opens up in the next two months? Would calling Hyatt help at all? (My understanding is P+C decisions are made independently by each property). My main concern is that the standard king room isn't even available that Sat for cash bookings, that means it's sold out right?

Appreciate you opinions. If the Andaz doesn't work out I'll probably stay at the new Centric Ginza...
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by GiantCow
Thanks. I guess I should have spent some more time checking the website, there's a detailed floorplan of the different rooms. Looks like the 4 directions the rooms face are Imperial Palace/Skytree, Tower, Tokyo Bay and Shinjuku/Akasaka. (https://tokyo.andaz.hyatt.com/conten...s-floormap.pdf)

Follow-up question for those more familiar with this property and their practices: I'm hoping to book a Point+Cash stay here in Feb from a Friday-Monday. There's a standard king available for Friday and Sunday but no P+C options on Saturday. I've read in earlier pages of this thread that it's common for this property to block Saturdays from P+C until shortly before the date.

Would it be advisable to book the Fri and Sun nights now and hope that Sat opens up in the next two months? Would calling Hyatt help at all? (My understanding is P+C decisions are made independently by each property). My main concern is that the standard king room isn't even available that Sat for cash bookings, that means it's sold out right?

Appreciate you opinions. If the Andaz doesn't work out I'll probably stay at the new Centric Ginza...
P&C is almost never available for a Sat. If the standard room is currently sold out, there is nothing you can do. If it appears later, you can try to contact the hotel to ask for P&C, but chances are very, very, slim. Contacting Hyatt is meaningless. If the standard room becomes available it will also be available for an all-pts res, which for a Sat night is still a very good value.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
P&C is almost never available for a Sat. If the standard room is currently sold out, there is nothing you can do. If it appears later, you can try to contact the hotel to ask for P&C, but chances are very, very, slim. Contacting Hyatt is meaningless. If the standard room becomes available it will also be available for an all-pts res, which for a Sat night is still a very good value.
Much appreciated. I'll keep checking the site and see if anything opens up.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I recently had success with contacting the GM of another property and getting that person to open up P&C for dates I wanted. Of course, YMMV.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The new Andaz Tokyo executive chef is a wealth of experience in Shaun Keenan, ex HR Kyoto, GH Tokyo and PH Busan. Phenomenal person and chef.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:57 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Just checked in for a four-night award stay. Upgrade was to a tower view room on the 49th floor; this is basically the same room I got a few years ago as a Plat for a single night award.

As an additional option to travel by Metro/Rail or walking, we found the #98 bus that has a stop a block from the Andaz that runs to Tokyo Station.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 6, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.