Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by nycnyc
Definitely moving to the PH--right now I'm thinking of 2-3 nights at either the Capitol or the Hyatt Regency and then 4-5 nights at the PH. I wanted to use Gold Passport points for a suite upgrade but the daily rate is so high and might have to just get a regular room.

I don't consider the Hyatt Regency cheap, I should have said less expensive or more affordable.
When are you traveling? Late fall and this winter have had some absolutely great rates and promos at the PHT. I've sometimes felt like I'm stealing a suite from them

Do you have status with Hyatt?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nycnyc
I don't consider the Hyatt Regency cheap, I should have said less expensive or more affordable.
If you're traveling in April, then this post may also be interest to you:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...att-tokyo.html
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:02 pm

I'm a Gold Passport member but no status. I do have enough points for a suite upgrade but the daily rate at the PH is so high and I'm not sure what to do--stay in a suite for a few days but then stay the rest of the trip at a more affordable hotel, or skip the suite/daily rate just to be able stay in a regular PH room for an extra couple of days?

Thanks for the 4th night promo link, it shows rooms during my dates but can I ask a stupid question: Can I use that link to make 2 separate reservations so I'd stay 8 nights, or is that not allowed?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 6:08 pm

Oh whoa, I just tried that link for 7 nights and it worked! I need to save up a little more though, so I hope it's still available in a few weeks...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had my first experience with being upgraded to a suite without the use of a Diamond cert this weekend! The regular room is fine, but the suite really enhances the experience.

As a result, I spent the entire two night stay without ever venturing below the 41st floor. If they were trying to sucker me into dumping a bunch of money into The New York Grill and room service, then Mission Accomplished! At least we got the royal treatment while they stuck the vacuum hose into my wallet. And at least this hotel, unlike the Hyatt Regency Tokyo, charges parking to your hotel bill. If I have to pay an arm and a leg for parking, I at least want to be earning points on it!

I don't have any superlatives to offer that does this hotel justice. By far the most luxurious Hyatt I've ever encountered.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you're traveling in April, then this post may also be interest to you:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...att-tokyo.html
I'm not so sure this is the good deal we want it to be...... If you look at the rate details it doesn't actually show that you will get a fourth night free. The discount seems to be incorporated in the daily rate itself. Your warning about the vagueness of the rate description might be even more relevant.

When I look at the dates I'm traveling I get a rate of JPY 36k per night. But It seems you have to pay for all 4 nights. When not using the special rate code I also get a rate that states 4th night free, but that rate is JPY 59k and specifically mentiones the 4th night will not be charged at checkout.

So it seems this special rate still is a better deal but the price per night will be around JPY 37k including taxes. And it's a prepaid rate...on the bright side you will get credited a 4 night stay instead of a 3 night one.

Last edited by RTW1; Feb 11, 2013 at 5:39 am Reason: Minor error in the rates.... One additional zero...
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
When I look at the dates I'm traveling I get a rate of JPY 362k per night.
362000 yen per night? Are you looking at the Governors Suite or something?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

362000 yen per night? Are you looking at the Governors Suite or something?
You're right.... One extra zero slipped in unnoticed
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:17 am

Had my first experience with being upgraded to a suite without the use of a Diamond cert this weekend! The regular room is fine, but the suite really enhances the experience.

As a result, I spent the entire two night stay without ever venturing below the 41st floor. If they were trying to sucker me into dumping a bunch of money into The New York Grill and room service, then Mission Accomplished! At least we got the royal treatment while they stuck the vacuum hose into my wallet. And at least this hotel, unlike the Hyatt Regency Tokyo, charges parking to your hotel bill. If I have to pay an arm and a leg for parking, I at least want to be earning points on it!

I don't have any superlatives to offer that does this hotel justice. By far the most luxurious Hyatt I've ever encountered.
Checking into the Park Suite on Friday, now I'm even more excited (even tho I did have to burn a Diamond cert for this stay)!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Diamond on Award Stay: Questions?

My wife who is a Hyatt Diamond has booked a couple of rooms on an award basis for one night - two rooms because my mother will be with us. It will be our second stay at the hotel, but both stays are on points (forever, that will be the case at this property).

Questions:

- Any chance that hotel management will accommodate all of us in a suite, so we don't have to burn 44K points for one night? If so, can/should we suggest this before arriving?
- We will now be landing at HND from LAX at 5:30 a.m. What arrangements is the hotel likely to make if we get there at 6:30 a.m? Do we talk with the concierge ahead of time?
- Does the hotel still run a Tsukiji fish market tour in early a.m. - if so, when?

Thanks......
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Explore
- Any chance that hotel management will accommodate all of us in a suite, so we don't have to burn 44K points for one night? If so, can/should we suggest this before arriving?
A Park Deluxe Twin can accommodate three adults. Depending on occupancy, your wife should be upgraded to a room of at least that level, so you could try writing to the hotel to see if they can accommodate three people in the same room for the point stay. If you're really lucky, they might just move you into a suite as well.

That's probably got a higher chance of success than the "Gimme a suite!" approach.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:04 am

Guys, do you think a Park Suite is too big for one person? I'm planning to stay for a few days and I'm deciding between a Park View Room and using points to upgrade to a suite. My partner can't come so it's just me and the prices are about the same.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the Park Suite is just fine for one person, I stay in them regularly alone and am quite comfortable.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I think the Park Suite is just fine for one person, I stay in them regularly alone and am quite comfortable.
+1.

And it's a steal for 6K points for the upgrade. Especially if you don't visit the property often - why not - life is short. Enjoy it!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My personal opinion, if there's another use for the points, I'd just as soon take the Park View room, especially if you've never stayed in it before, as it's already huge by Japan standards.

If you've already stayed in a Park View, and don't really have anything else to use the 6000 points for, then you might as well go for it. My personality wouldn't allow me to overcome the guilt for paying to upgrade from great to super great just for myself...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.