Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by jpatokal
I've read most of this thread and I'm still somewhat confused -- does the $40/day charge apply to only the spa, or the pool and gym as well? If I understood this correctly, the "fitness center" (pool and gym, I presume) is free, but use of changing rooms and gear rental are part of the spa and separately charged for? I have a two-night stay coming up, but no status with Hyatt.

Also, I understand that the New York Bar charges 2000 yen cover after 8 PM, does this apply to hotel guests as well?
Pool and fitness facilities are complimentary for all guests. Access to "Club on the Park" which offers sauna and japanese style Sentoh bath is charged at a bit over 4,000 yen (Around 40 USD).

I recommend using the COTP facilities. I would however recommend asking if you can book a package with the hotel that will include access to the club and daily breakfast at a discounted price.

The bar does have a 2,000 yen cover charge, which applies to everyone, including hotel guests. The cover charge goes to the singer and jazz musicians, as they are not paid anything by the hotel.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
. . . The cover charge goes to the singer and jazz musicians, as they are not paid anything by the hotel.
I didn't get up there when I stayed at the hotel. Is the singer still the red headed lady from 'Lost in Translation?'
Old Jul 22, 2009, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I didn't get up there when I stayed at the hotel. Is the singer still the red headed lady from 'Lost in Translation?'
I have never seen her, but my favorite singers at the NY Bar are Karen Jones and Diane White. The Jazz band also has some regular members who appear to always be there, even with the changes in singers every few months or so. When there is a good singer there, the jazz is very good.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, Hilton Honors
Question about upgrading to Park Deluxe

I booked a reservation using points for a Park room at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Since the room is for 3 of us, the hotel contacted us to say that we could upgrade to a Park Deluxe for around $70 more each night. Any advice on whether we should upgrade would be appreciated. The hotel also mentioned that it would be an additional $80 if we needed a a roll-away bed....would also like advice on whether we'll need it.

Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Upgrade. The Park rooms are the smallest in the hotel and you will have a much better experience in a Park Deluxe. Try to bargain for a Fuji view but am currently in Japan, have been for about a week, and haven't seen Fuji once -- don't expect too much at this time of year!

The Park Deluxe can be gotten with two double beds, so if two of you are willing to sleep in one of the double beds, you won't need a rollaway.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Upgrade. The Park rooms are the smallest in the hotel and you will have a much better experience in a Park Deluxe.
I agree. I wouldn't think twice about upgrading.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about returning to Tokyo in December or January and I thought about (finally) staying at the Park Hyatt. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt previously and had a great stay, but I still want to try the famous Park Hyatt.

It turns out I have enough points to upgrade to a suite, so I'm tempted. Do I have to pay the daily/rack rate to take advantage of upgrading with points? Or can I wait until Hyatt offers any promotional rates and then use my points to upgrade?

Also, what kind of suite do you get upgraded to at the Park Hyatt? Does anyone have any pics?

Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:15 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
I don't think FT can help you get around the rules.

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...tt_upgrade.jsp

Originally Posted by nycnyc
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about returning to Tokyo in December or January and I thought about (finally) staying at the Park Hyatt. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt previously and had a great stay, but I still want to try the famous Park Hyatt.

It turns out I have enough points to upgrade to a suite, so I'm tempted. Do I have to pay the daily/rack rate to take advantage of upgrading with points? Or can I wait until Hyatt offers any promotional rates and then use my points to upgrade?

Also, what kind of suite do you get upgraded to at the Park Hyatt? Does anyone have any pics?

Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:38 am

Ahh nuts. I missed the fine print. Well assuming I paid the rack rate for (gulp) a long-ish stay, what kind of suite is given as an upgrade? Is it a smaller suite?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:55 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Spent 8 nights at this property for business in January and was upgraded to a deluxe room thanks to very very recent Diamond match from Starwood Platinum status.

Most memorable moment was riding down the mirrored elevator with a business man cursing at his reflection, loudly bewildered that a hotel would charge US$12 for a cup of coffee.

My favorites included the lesser expensive of the steaks on the menu (US$80 ribeye) (had it twice ) and the US$85 meal which consisted of an appetizer, appetizer salad, and cheapest glass of wine on menu.

The best part was possibly the dry cleaning... US$110 bill for express service on: 1 jacket (peacoat), 1 pair jeans, and 1 button down shirt. The front desk waived these slightly large fees as the clothes arrived damp.

All in all, I walked away happy with 57k Hyatt points accrued in one stay
Old Jul 30, 2009, 8:56 am

Ahh nuts. I missed the fine print. Well assuming I paid the rack rate for (gulp) a long-ish stay, what kind of suite is given as an upgrade? Is it a smaller suite?
It is a Park Suite, either King or Twin.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 3:23 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about returning to Tokyo in December or January and I thought about (finally) staying at the Park Hyatt.
Do try it, it's quiet elegance . . . and in Dec or January you usually have Mt Fuji "out" in all it's glory. I will be there 1/14-18/10 . . . pm me if you are there any of those dates, have a drink?

Last edited by trd; Aug 1, 2009 at 8:19 am Reason: error
Old Jul 30, 2009, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by trd
Do try it, it's quiet elegance . . . and in Dec or January you usually have Mt Fuji "out" in all it's glory. I will be there 1/14-28/10 . . . pm me if you are there any of those dates, have a drink?
I might be there near the beginning of your trip actually. I'm not sure yet whether the rack rate will be affordable, especially if I end up staying there for more than a week, but I'm going to try!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:22 am
Rin

Programs: IHG RA,SPG Pla,Hyatt Dia
The legend

Finally, I had 2 nights in THE eminent and legendary Park Hyatt Tokyo.

After an awful 1 night in Park Hyatt Shanghai, I was so upset about the coming stay in Park Hyatt Tokyo. But when I stepped in th lobby for the first minute, the unsureness disappered immediately.

The Suite was soooo expensive, that could make me bankrupt.But it's worth it.The room was spacious.oversized plasma,and the view of the living room is fabulous.

Although I had my fisrt night in the Peninsula which is also extraodinary, THE Park Hyatt Tokyo is incomparable..

BTW, the new york grill and the club on the park are also a must.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by Rin
BTW, the new york grill and the club on the park are also a must.
I like their 3 separate sauna cells of different temperature!! It is a pitty they do not have mist sauna.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.