Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2008, 6:59 pm

You may want check troyliu's blog.
lots of pictures of park hyatt tokoy.
http://tmtravelworld.blogspot.com/20...att-tokyo.html
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
here's some pictures from Park Hyatt Tokyo on my Flickr

Park Hyatt Tokyo 2008

Park Hyatt Tokyo 2004
Old Nov 22, 2008, 9:15 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by best
Richard, with that many stays they really you treat you very special.
They do treat me well, however, in terms of leaving a suit there for the next stay, that is not so special. I bet they would do it for a first-time guest if that guest said they were going to return within a few months.

Furthermore, I really do believe that most any REAL luxury hotel (e.g., not a Ritz-Carlton-Marriott) would do the same under similar circumstances.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:27 pm

Oh crap. I got an email back from the hotel saying they don't accept those Hyatt certificates I got and I doubt I'll be able to return them. I'm kind of annoyed at myself because I should have emailed the hotel before I used my points to get those certificates.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:44 pm

Yes. You can pay another 400 or 500 yen to upgrade to the buffet. If you want the Japanese set or another set, add another 1,000 yen.

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I recall an earlier thread about the possibility to upgrade from the free continental breakfast offered to Diamonds by paying 1,000 yen. Is that still true? What extra items does that cover?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:50 am

So what are the reasons some of us got sick of it? Where did you switch to?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 4:31 pm

Can you have food from the hotel's restaurants delivered via room service? For example, if I wanted a steak from NY Grill, can I get that in my room?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Aircoco
Yes. You can pay another 400 or 500 yen to upgrade to the buffet.
Do you recall what this buffet consists of?
Old Dec 11, 2008, 7:21 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I've read through the entire thread - and decided that I want to try the New York Grill for lunch next Friday 12/19. My question is whether or not coat & tie is also required at lunch (or just dinner)? Also I'm presuming the cost is still 4000-5000 yen?
Old Dec 11, 2008, 8:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
I've read through the entire thread - and decided that I want to try the New York Grill for lunch next Friday 12/19. My question is whether or not coat & tie is also required at lunch (or just dinner)? Also I'm presuming the cost is still 4000-5000 yen?
No coat and tie required. I think it's still Y4000-5000 on weekdays. If you're a single, one of the settings on the window facing the open kitchen is the most fun. I wasn't even aware that a coat and tie were required for dinner, is that the case?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 3:03 am

Programs: RVT 1K
When I was there about 2 years ago no coat and tie was required for dinner, in fact now that I think about it I remember seeing a guy in there that was in shorts and a T-shirt .... *even I* thought was out of line!!
Old Dec 24, 2008, 1:00 am

Park Hyatt Tokyo has been chosen as "Hotels to stay in before you die"

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-24893406
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:01 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Aircoco
Park Hyatt Tokyo has been chosen as "Hotels to stay in before you die"

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-24893406
LOL - I just finished by one night stay the other day. Service is absolutely amazing. Was in 4517 - very spacious King room with view of Mt Fuji. Only quibble was that I made a lunch reservation for a Fri online and was told that it was 5200 yen when I went there it was 6600 yen because it was a holiday brunch with champagne - minor lapse.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Park Hyatt is definitely a great hotel, however, I much prefer the Grand Hyatt in terms of conveniences these days. Like the ease to hope onto the subway within 5mins, and lots of eatery around the surrounding Roppongi Hills.

For 1st time visitor, definitely go for the Park Hyatt.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Has anyone done the Park 360 package? We're going for a 3 night visit in June and can't decide between that or just the Awaken (room+breakfast) package. The difference is about US$80 per day.

There is the following cryptic description on the web site but no mention of it on their specials page. Can't tell whether you get afternoon tea each day, and free cocktails and canapes each day (how many cocktails?). Spa and fitness access is free anyway. The "deli gift" probably isn't anything very valuable. And the airport pickup doesn't help us as we'll be arriving by train from Kyoto. Maybe they would substitute a trip from the hotel out to NRT.

Breakfast:Afternoon Tea:Cocktail:Welcome Gift:Late Check Out of 3pm - Valid: January 4, 2009-September 30, 2009 - Daily Full 'French Influenced' Breakfast Per Person at Girandole or Through Room Service. - One Afternoon Tea With An Asian Twist Per Person at the Peak Lounge Per Night - Evening Cocktails and Canapes Between 5pm-7pm at New York Bar Per Person - Unlimited Access To Club on the Park Spa and Fitness Facilities - One Gift From the Delicatessen Per Person Per Stay - With Stays of 3 Nights or More, Complimentary Airport Pick Up Service
Note that I have no status with Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.