Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 24, 2005, 2:46 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
I was told by GP that only 3 people maximum allowed per room at PHT. Since we have 2 kids, GP recommended Park Suite at 23,000 pts/night. I called back GP and the next CSR told me Park Suite can accommodate maximum of 3 people too due to Tokyo’s fire code…..

Q: Is there any success story with 5 occupants (2 adults, 1 teen, 1 toddler and 1 infant) while staying in 1 Park Suite? I am thinking to bring a nephew to baby sit.

Q: Any new Diamond bkfst update? Still only room-service cont bkfst? Sure would be nice to have vouchers for restaurant dining and up grade to hot food.

Q: Are there any complementary bottle water in the room?

Q: Other than McDonalds at B1 level, any other reasonably priced restaurants or 7-11 near by??

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 168
Q: Is there any success story with 5 occupants (2 adults, 1 teen, 1 toddler and 1 infant) while staying in 1 Park Suite? I am thinking to bring a nephew to baby sit.
The Park Suite is big, but it's set up for two people staying in the room - possibly entertaining guests. I don't even know where the hotel would put a bed for the third adult - I would be surprised if there was room in the bedroom, since there isn't that much room between the beds and the console with the plasma TV. Wherever else they put it, it would really be in the way.

Maybe the couch in the living room converts into a bed. I don't know. That would still leave you with a toddler to put somewhere, and then you'd still need a crib for the infant.

Have a look at the photos I took:

http://www.well.com/~nickw/room-1.jpg
http://www.well.com/~nickw/room-2.jpg
http://www.well.com/~nickw/room-3.jpg

Five is just too many for one room, I'd say.

Originally Posted by 168
Q: Any new Diamond bkfst update? Still only room-service cont bkfst? Sure would be nice to have vouchers for restaurant dining and up grade to hot food.
Still room-service only when I was there. It's nice, but it's not very substantial - if you have five in the room, you'll get about one small pastry each.

Originally Posted by 168
Q: Are there any complementary bottle water in the room?
Yes, with the turn-down service - Park Hyatt Tokyo branded water.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, NWA Gold, UA Prem Exec, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by railroadtycoon
If you take the Narita Express you'll have to go to the manned ticket sales counter, since the Narita Express is an all reserved train. The sales clerks speak english. Make sure its the "JR" counter, since there is another railroad company (Keisei Railways) that serves the airport as well.

The automatic ticket machines are for taking other trains to Tokyo proper.
There are ticket machines for narita express tickets at the airport, at the bottom on the escalator about 50 feet in front of you and a little to the right.They have english options and take visa/mc/jcb and maybe amex.
Cheers,
Old Oct 25, 2005, 9:57 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 168
Q: Other than McDonalds at B1 level, any other reasonably priced restaurants or 7-11 near by??

Thanks!
There are a whole bunch of reasonably priced restaurants in B1 as well as a post office with an ATM that takes foreign cards, a convenience store (not open late, however), and a drug store.

An interesting place for another selection of restaurants is at the top of the NS building. Exit the hotel, turn right on the street in front of the hotel, and the NS building is just past the Washington hotel and across the street from the Washington hotel. The atrium of the NS building also contains what is reputed to be the world's largest clock.

There are a zillion 24 hour convenience stores within a 3 minute walk in virtually any direction except into the park across the street. If you turn left on the street in front of the hotel and walk for about 5 minutes, there is a grocery store open 7 days a week until midnight.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 11:37 am

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Park Suite

I would never fit more than 4 (2 adults plus 2 children) into a Park Suite, unless one wants to sleep on the floor.

I had a Park Suite with two twins (larger twin, but still smaller than double) and it fit two just spaciously. The living room is just for that, entertaining, so the couch does not pull out.

One word of caveat: the Park Suite's maximum occupancy is TWO (according to the hotel). Do make sure you have Gold Passport or Reservations here document it here, or you will be charged a 5000 Yen per person fee for any additional persons with or without a roll away.

If you have Reservations document that in your reservation, the Hotel is glad to provide you with a roll away, at no additional charge to accommodate the third person.

Honestly, 5 people is really pushing it. The bathroom is large, but can accommodate 2 spaciously and comfortably (call me spoiled, but I am used to 600 sq ft bathrooms/dressing quarters).....the Park Suite has a really nice dressing/make up/bathroom area, that's just set up like a master bathroom in a respectable home...... again, over 3 occupying the suite would be pushing it. I suggest getting another room and they would be happy to arrange them close together.

All in all, the service at the hotel has never failed me.........well except once at the Girondole, the lobster served was mushy.....I had to reject it twice before they suggested bringing a monkfish......
Old Oct 26, 2005, 2:40 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Thank you for all the inputs. GP contacted me today and advised there will be JPY5,000 charge + tax per day for the roll-away since one of my child is older than 12. This is reasonable and my plan is to have the roll-away in the living room for the teen, 5 years old gets to sleep with us and infant in the crib…. Yes, it will be tight but we want to be able to get to our kids via 1-door and not 2. We checked and neither PHT nor GHT has any connecting rooms.

After reading thesilb’s trip report and pics, I begin to wonder if GHT suite would be a better option for us……1.5 bath, Grand Club and location could be a better value than PHT. Going back to the planning stage…..
Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:40 pm
Banyan Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: United 1K, AA Gold, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, *W Gold, Leader's Club (?worthless)
The PHT is a great hotel and you will be spoiled by the superb service. I've stayed in a Park Suite and it is perfect for 2 people, but 5 would be too many. Not to be missed is the $500 TOTO toilet seats that heat/deodorize/wash/dry and pamper your tush like you won't believe! The Aesops toiletries are also top quality. The photos on the website are badly lit, but technically accurate.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 9:22 pm

PH Tokyo Room Types

Hey, im planning an Asia trip for the summer of 06'. Im looking to book my room at the PH Tokyo, but I remember there used to be a list of the room types/descritptions they offer, but I can no longer find it. If anyone has one or is willing to share the various categories offered, thank you so much. On a side note, I have read alot that Diamonds are rarely upgraded. If one is upgraded, to what room is it usually?

Also, if i make a booking through American Express Plat. Travel, and they attach my Diamond #, will the hotel still recognize my status, etc?

Thanks soo much,
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by bhd87
Hey, im planning an Asia trip for the summer of 06'. Im looking to book my room at the PH Tokyo, but I remember there used to be a list of the room types/descritptions they offer, but I can no longer find it. If anyone has one or is willing to share the various categories offered, thank you so much. On a side note, I have read alot that Diamonds are rarely upgraded. If one is upgraded, to what room is it usually?

Also, if i make a booking through American Express Plat. Travel, and they attach my Diamond #, will the hotel still recognize my status, etc?

Thanks soo much,
There is a very good description of the various room types at hyatt.com.

As you indicate you will be booking through the AMEX Plat travel, you should receive a one cat room upgrade, most likely from park king to park dlx king. the park rooms are small, the dlx are larger and imho much nicer.

you will recieve a diamond cont breakfast (in-room only) you will recieve no other benefits at this hotel based on your diamond status, but you will get the amex plat benefits.

you really should make sure that the amex rate is the same as the rate you can get from the hyatt webstite. in my past experience, the amex rate has always been substantially higher and the benefits you get a small compare to the price dif.

the ph tokyo is nice, but it is starting to show wear and tear and there are much nicer hotels in tokyo now for the same price.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course, people's opinions on whether there are "much nicer hotels in Tokyo for the same price" do vary!

Diamonds also get free access to the sauna and associated stuff, normally costing Y4,000 extra.

I agree you should compare the Amex FHR rate to the website and any other discounts you might be eligible for.

Rooms go: Park, park deluxe, corner king (or some name like that), park suite, and then bigger suites. I prefer the park deluxe to the corner king, but others disagree here too! Park rooms, the lowest grade, come as a park double or park king, both typically at the same price -- but the park double is larger.

The 'small' park king referred to above is larger than virtually any room in any non-deluxe hotel in Tokyo.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 2:24 am

Greetings from Tokyo!

If you are looking for a King bed, you should avoid the "Park King". The Park King is still a comfortable and luxuriously appointed room however a bit small. The "Park Deluxe King" has a similar layout but there is more room and is much nicer. If your choice is a double with two queen beds, both "Park Twin" and "Park Deluxe Twin" are nice. The bigger "Park Deluxe Twin" has a better bathroom layout and various views, and "Park Twin" has more windows and all rooms are facing the Yoyogi Park which is a very nice view. All guestrooms are above the 42nd floor so you won't miss the stunning views!

Completely free access to "Club On The Park" fitness center is a very nice diamond privilege, which RichardInSF already mentioned. While the use of the gym and swimming pool is complimentary to all hotel residents, the use of the fabulous locker and relaxation area, including the jacuzzi will generally cost JPY4,000+Tax. ( PER VISIT )

From NRT airport, I suggest you to take the orange-colored airport bus. Park Hyatt Tokyo has its own bus stop in front of the main door so there is no better way to travel from NRT. If you decide to take the Narita Express train from NRT, get off at Shinjuku station, use the South exit, cross the street and take a taxi. It will be a 5 minute ride. Be sure to tell the taxi driver that you want to go to the PARK Hyatt, some of my friends were accidentally taken to the CENTURY Hyatt, another hyatt in the same Shinjuku area.

Park Hyatt Tokyo has a very nice detailed brochure and I am sure they will mail you a copy. Here's their e-mail address: [email protected]
Old Mar 10, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
The diamond amenity was an incredibly small box of chocolates holding, if I recall correctly, two quite nice chocolates. Wouldn't have been out of place for turndown, so I'd chose one of the other options if I was you.

If I hadn't asked them I wouldn't have known what the amenity was.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG, GP
I'm here at the Park Hyatt Tokyo now. Got upgraded from a Park View room to a Suite. Very nice! The box of (2) chocolates came with the suite - tasty but I'd definately go for the points!!! Just FYI, next time I'm here I plan on staying at the Century Hyatt - it's not as luxurious as the Part Hyatt, naturally, but the location is great. It's very close to the Shinjuku station.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 4:55 am

Here now. Booked when I was Diamond but was downgraded to Plat due to Starwood business.

I guess since I booked before '06 they have me as a Diamond.

Anyway, I did not get upgraded but there was a box of 2 small chocolates.

I remember a while back it use to be a little cake from the shop downstairs.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Not staying at the PH, and wondering how far in advance do I need to make lunch reservations at Kozue? (Should I wait until I make it to Tokyo, hoping to get reservations for the next day, or should I do it from the US? And any way to do it online or by email?) Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.