Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2007, 4:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage EP 2.1MM; Bonvoy LT-Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
personally the experience i had at the PH Tokyo was fantastic....all the service was there and i was treated very well. as a diamond member, they made sure i got what i needed and although the spa wasn't open past 10, that really did not bother me. the room itself was enough to marvel.

one cannot expect full spa facilities to be open for reasons around safety and overall service level. although i agree that some people do want to work out late, it does not make financial sense to fully function the space late at night.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:21 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
I didn't get to stay at the PH Tokyo during my trip last week, however, I was invited to lunch on the 52nd floor. From what I could see from entering the hotel to dining at the restaurant, the whole place is imaculate and the service impeccable. The view from the 52nd floor restaurant is spectacular (it was a clear day) and I could see the "green-house" hotel pool from the 52nd floor restaurant. I must try to stay there at least once in the future.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Yes, another Park Hyatt Toyko thread.

I'm a recent convert to Hyatt (the Kyoto Regency convinced me), and I just booked a reservation for two nights at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. I've read pretty much nothing but good things about the property, so me (and the others coming along) are really looking forward to it.

However, I have a couple of questions that I didn't really see an answer to in any of the existing threads.

(1) I used 6,000 points to upgrade to a Park Suite Twin. I booked it directly through the suite desk, and as far as I can tell it is totally confirmed. My reservation doesn't show anything other than a Park Suite. Does this mean I am guaranteed the room when I show up?

(2) There will be three people (all adults) in the room (which I am told is the maximum). I asked if a rollaway could be added to the room and was told that this could be done for 5000JPY a night. Is this accurate? I saw another thread from 2005 here that indicated it wouldn't work.

Is there anything else I should know to enjoy my stay? I don't need general Japan advice, since I will be traveling with a Japanese friend and also can speak Japanese myself and am familar with the country, but am looking for stuff relating to the hotel.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:23 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am in a Park Suite right now. If your reservation says Park Suite, you will be in a Park Suite. All Park Suites that I have been in (and I've been in a bunch, if not all of them, darn near all) have two queens in the bedroom. Also, there certainly is plenty of room in this suite for a rollaway, so don't worry about that.

There has been a minor remodeling since I was last here and the wired free internet, while still available, has had free wifi added as well. Also, the large plasma TV in the suite bedroom has been replaced with a LARGER plasma TV and they have also changed the DVD player to be a region-free one that should play most everything.

Looks like the couch in the living room is also new.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 9:07 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I am in a Park Suite right now. If your reservation says Park Suite, you will be in a Park Suite. All Park Suites that I have been in (and I've been in a bunch, if not all of them, darn near all) have two queens in the bedroom.
My partner and I stayed on a suite upgrade award last month at the PHT. We were told when we booked that no Park Suites had King beds. We were pleasantly surprised to be given a Park Suite with 1 King bed...so they have changed a least one of them. We were in 4218. And yes, it had a HUGE plasma screen in the bedroom!
Old Mar 17, 2007, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
My partner and I stayed on a suite upgrade award last month at the PHT. We were told when we booked that no Park Suites had King beds. We were pleasantly surprised to be given a Park Suite with 1 King bed...so they have changed a least one of them. We were in 4218. And yes, it had a HUGE plasma screen in the bedroom!
I was in 4218 last trip and it had two beds! At least I think that's the one I had, my memory might have failed me. Must have been changed concurrently with the minor updating of the suite.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 7:51 am

Just arrived and I was told that beginning today, the PHT will be loaning DoCoMo cell phones to guests for free. You will pay only for usage at DoCoMo rates+20% svc charge, which seems very reasonable. As incoming cellular calls are free in Japan, that means people can call you at no charge.

So if you're staying here, there's no need to rent a mobile phone anymore! Great new service IMO. Probably will force all the other luxury hotels in town to match, but we'll see....
Old Jun 16, 2007, 9:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by HUGE AL
This is awesome news!
I like what I am hearing about the Pen Tokyo - where the room phone will be a cell phone for use in the hotel and outside.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 2:29 am

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Originally Posted by grumbler
I like what I am hearing about the Pen Tokyo - where the room phone will be a cell phone for use in the hotel and outside.
Yup. Can't wait to be there! It's gonna rock!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 7:39 am

The Tokyo luxury hotel business is VERY competitive and I think the Pen announcement is what motivated this change, at least in part. Evidentally, the Pen phones will only work around Tokyo so the PHT is trying to go one better with a phone that will work all over Japan. If the guest requests it, they said the PHT operator will forward unanswered room calls to your hotel mobile.

I haven't tried this service since I have a Japanese mobile already, so it would be useful if someone who does try it reports back.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 2:47 am

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Does anyone know if you're able to watch TV on the PHT phones?
Old Dec 5, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Little has changed at the Park Hyatt Tokyo since I was last there but service has slipped a bit. Not as crisp and refined at the front door and this was very noticable as I was coming from the Kyoto Hyatt which is so professional. Check in was fine and friendly. Loaded up on Aesop as the only place to offer the Aesop hair tonic. Not even in Australia do they have it. Access to the health club is still one of those incredible free benefits for diamond members and one of the only reasons we stay here. The whole take your shoes off before going to your locker in the health club is very confusing but not unusual for Asia.
As much as people criticize the light continental breakfast for Diamond members it sure it nice to have it delivered to your room for change. The warm roll continental was punctual and satisfatory to us considering that we always do the wonderful AYCE lunch/brunch buffet in the NY Grill at the top of the PH at 11:30 AM. 40 some dollars on weekdays and 60 some dollars on weekends (including a glass of champagne on weekends). Buffet includes a gourmet entree which in itself is a meal. Very nice but try to make a reservation with the hotel. We always have no problem since we prefer siting at the counter and watching the chefs prepare the plates.
I found the shuttle to Shinjuku did not run often enough or had big gaps it was not running in the evening. They were too quick to try to put you in a taxi which charges a minimum of $6-7 even for a very short trip so we walked a lot more than we really wanted to.
Some many little extras in the room a can't even remember now.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by westcoastman
As much as people criticize the light continental breakfast for Diamond members it sure it nice to have it delivered to your room for change.
But how can you know the night before what time you want to have the breakfast the following morning if at all? I ended up declining the actual delivery when I wasn't mood for a breakfast.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
But how can you know the night before what time you want to have the breakfast the following morning if at all? I ended up declining the actual delivery when I wasn't mood for a breakfast.
Funny you say that because we selected a later time after 7 am because we thought we would be out all night but fell alseep before midnight so woke up super early.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 8:59 pm

I was in 4218 this time and it definitely is a park suite with a single king bed, at least now. Most other park suites have 2 queens, but I am reluctant to generalize!

Regarding transportation to/from Shinjuku station, if the shuttle isn't convenient, you can walk down the left hand driveway and about 10 yards to your left is a bus stop. A Keio 100 yen bus (cash only) leaves here every 10 minutes until about 9pm and will take you to (or from) bus stop 21 on the west side of Shinjuku station, which is much closer to the train tracks than the hotel shuttle.

The PH Seoul also has the full Aesop selection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.