Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by 168
After reading thesilb’s trip report and pics, I begin to wonder if GHT suite would be a better option for us……1.5 bath, Grand Club and location could be a better value than PHT. Going back to the planning stage…..
I'm sure that it is a little late for this, but yes it probably would be. We are five and stayed once in their Grand Deluxe Twin at around 600 sq feet. We were comfortable, but it was not overly spacious. My advice would be to book one of these and upgrade using points to the Grand Executive Suite at 1100 sq feet. We are doing this in June. Otherwise, the GDT is quite comfy. It is probably a better value for tourism (which I assume you will be doing with yr family) than the PHT, although I would love to stay at the latter.

BTW, breakfast at the French Kitchen in the GHT is not to be missed, even though it is relatively expensive!

P.S. Make sure to bring papers to the GHT because they will try to charge you 50 dollars for a rollaway. They won't if you produce papers about it though.
Old May 8, 2006, 8:32 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
I have a reservation for the PH Tokyo for my family using points booked into a standard room with two double beds. Family consists of two adults and two children (10 and 13). Is this going to be a problem at check in? Any other advice on the hotel relative to a family first time stay in Tokyo would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Old May 8, 2006, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by GB
I have a reservation for the PH Tokyo for my family using points booked into a standard room with two double beds. Family consists of two adults and two children (10 and 13). Is this going to be a problem at check in? Any other advice on the hotel relative to a family first time stay in Tokyo would be appreciated.
Thank you.
I don't think they have two double beds there. They have two TWIN beds. Park Twin, Park Twin Deluxe, Park Twin View rooms. You're not going to fit 4 people into those beds.

As tourists, I found the hotel to be really inconvenient. This is especially so after visiting the Grand Hyatt, which is right on top of the Metro station. The trip back and forth wastes 20 minutes, at least, each way either walking from the hotel or riding the shuttle van.

We decided to go to the Grand Hyatt on our next vacation trip.

As to other tips... the Aesop bath products are really expensive. The moisturizer "Rind body balm" retails for $30 for 120ml, that's about 4oz US! ~$100 for 500ml.

Diamonds can use the pool and health club facilities for free.

New York Grill is very expensive for dinner ~$150 to $200 pp, but only around $50 for lunch.

I recently added some photos to flickr:

My PHT Photos

Last edited by Tummy; May 8, 2006 at 9:20 pm
Old May 8, 2006, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not going to comment on the convenience/inconvenience factor of the PHT location as the pros and cons of that have been argued endlessly here and in other forums. One minor possibly new point regarding the GHT is that maybe being in Roppongi isn't ideal with 10 and 13 y.o. kids, although the area immediately around where the hotel is located is not surrounded by drinking clubs.

I would email the PHT as to whether a 4 person family in a 2 bed room is allowed. The beds are called "twins" but are really at least double bed size, maybe even queen. The staff are very unobtrusive at the PHT unless you need them, but they really pretty much notice everything, so I wouldn't plan on trying to sneak by with it if it isn't allowed.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 12:02 pm

Park Hyatt Tokyo-Suite views?

Hello, I'll be staying at the Park Hyatt Tokyo this November and using points to upgrade to a Park Suite. Last time I stayed there I was in a Park Deluxe room, and I really enjoyed the view over downtown Shinjuku (I know the Mount Fuji view is supposed to be the superior one, but oh well )

Anyway, I was hoping someone could tell me what the possible views are for the suite? I'm not sure where the suites are located on the floors. Do they all have a downtown Shinjuku view from at least one of the windows? Or do I need to send them a request?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kelley
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:26 pm

Programs: A Few
If you have a little patience, you can go to the PHT Japanese website and actually get interior views of your suite along with day and night views out of the windows of the Park Suite. It's much better than the English version for detail about the rooms.

http://www.parkhyatttokyo.com

http://www.parkhyatttokyo.com/Facili...parksuite.html

I have redeemed for a suite upgrade at the PHT. IMO a great use of 6000 points and 43,000JPY/night.

And...welcome to FT! Well...at least to the end of lurking I guess.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 2:40 pm

Thanks yyc, I did already check out the Japanese web site, I just wasn't sure whether the views they showed were indicative of all the park suites or if it varied from suite to suite (ie, are there suites on opposite ends of the same floor). I guess I'll just send them an email request. Can't hurt!

And you're right-6000 points for an upgrade is a great deal. Unfortunately for the time I'll be there (early Nov) I have to pay 53,000JPY/night . Still, not bad for a suite that goes for over twice that amount!

Kelley
Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:18 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Every Park Suite I've stayed in so far has had a city view, but of course the other kind might exist, maybe I just don't get assigned to them!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:30 am

Programs: RVT 1K
I just spent four nights there last week, we had a park deluxe king room on the 49th floor with the Mt. Fuji view.....we did not see it once. I think the view facing more of downtown Shinjuku/towards the JR station is better. We were slightly underwhelmed at the stay there, we had just spent a night at the Grand in Roppongi the previous weekend, its hard to say the Park is that much better, but it is very nice, enjoy!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by RS250Racer
I just spent four nights there last week, we had a park deluxe king room on the 49th floor with the Mt. Fuji view.....we did not see it once. I think the view facing more of downtown Shinjuku/towards the JR station is better.
The chances of seeing Mt. Fuji this time of year are between zero and nil (but it can happen). In November, chances are much higher.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:01 am

Programs: RVT 1K
That is a good point, chances I am sure are better during other times of the year, the lady that showed us to our room said she had seen it only once in the last week before we had checked in

Either way, the views are great from anywhere at that place I think... ^
Old Sep 24, 2006, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
72 hrs room guarantee and PHT

Hello all!

I have two stays coming up in Tokyo and seems that Park Hyatt is pretty full already. Both are one night stays and the first stay there are only suites available and the other stay no rooms at all available. I could stay elsewhere but would like to try out the Park Hyatt.

72 hours diamond guarantee gives you standard room for a rack rate. What if there are suites available? I guess the guarantee doesn't work since there is availability? Should I wait until the suites are sold out too for my first stay and ask for the guaranteed room then? Anyone knows how much is the rack rate at PHT?

First is Christmas time and second New Years eve. Are they "extraordinary room demand" when room guarantee doesn't work?

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2006, 1:06 pm

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
The rules state:

"Diamond members will be guaranteed a room at Hyatt hotels for their own personal use when a Hyatt reservation is made at least 72 hours prior to arrival based on local hotel time and guaranteed with a valid credit card. All reservations are subject to hotel guarantee and cancellation policies. This guarantee is valid for one standard guest room and is subject to the hotel's prevailing rack rate and individual hotel reservation requirements, such as length of stay, special packages and meal plans. This guarantee is not valid at Hyatt Resorts, Hyatt Gold Passport Hotel Partners or when redeeming Hyatt Gold Passport awards or during extraordinary room demand."

So you should get the guarantee even if suites are available. Rack rate will probably be shocking.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by divaof travel
The rules state:

"Diamond members will be guaranteed a room at Hyatt hotels for their own personal use when a Hyatt reservation is made at least 72 hours prior to arrival based on local hotel time and guaranteed with a valid credit card. All reservations are subject to hotel guarantee and cancellation policies. This guarantee is valid for one standard guest room and is subject to the hotel's prevailing rack rate and individual hotel reservation requirements, such as length of stay, special packages and meal plans. This guarantee is not valid at Hyatt Resorts, Hyatt Gold Passport Hotel Partners or when redeeming Hyatt Gold Passport awards or during extraordinary room demand."

So you should get the guarantee even if suites are available. Rack rate will probably be shocking.
How do you go about find the dates that are "extraordinary room demand" dates for a particular Hyatt (thus giving them an out for the Diamond guaranteed room guarantee) besides calling up? Or is calling up the only way to know this?
Old Sep 24, 2006, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by divaof travel
The rules state:

My experience (with Hong Kong Grand Hyatt) is that the 72-hour guarantee only applies when EVERYTHING is sold. But you may wish to argue with them. Rack at PHT starts at about 55,000 Yen, I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.