Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
Currently in Tokyo staying at the new Peninsula. Last time I actually stayed a night in Tokyo I stayed at the PH (back in April) so thought it would be interesting to compare the two:

Location The new Pen wins hands down for me - after a couple of days at the PH I found the walk into Shinjuku a big pain (never seemed to be able to time things for the shuttle). The Pen is just opposite the Palace gardens and Hibiya Park, close to Tokyo station with lots going on around it. Transforms your stay to my mind.

Room Think it was a Park Deluxe King we had at the PH which seemed excellent at the time but I have been blown away by the standard rooms at the Pen - whilst the size is about the same, the layout is much better and they are much better equipped. It is if they bought every gadget in the gadget superstore when they were building this hotel - from the internet radio built-in, to the intercom point by the bath (that also allows you to change tv channel and radio station from the bath on the bathroom LCD tv). Alongside the usual controls for Air Con you can adjust in-room humidity and they even have a panel giving external temperature and wind chill factor! As noted in an earlier post the in-room phone doubles up as a mobile that you can use outside the hotel which is very useful. They also supply an expresso machine in the room! The Plasma is enormous and has slots to connect memory cards of every variety and component video input if you want to connect a laptop or Ipod etc. The door from the dressing area to the bedroom is made from a beautiful enormous wooden "slab" - truly stunning piece of design. I can go on to list the in-room fax/printer/scanner/copier etc... but I think you get the idea that they have thought of just about everything. It is all linked up too, so when you pick up the bedside phone the screen on the phone invites you to push a button on the phone to mute the TV! Sorry PH!

Public Areas The Pen hasn't got anything on the PH here. Whilst the lobby is impressive, the PH wins easily for me with the library style etc.

Restaurants Have yet to experience the offerings of all the bars/restaurants at the Pen, especially the roof-top bar but so far the PH wins, particularly because of the Toasted Cheese/Ham sandwiches at the NY bar - worth flying to Tokyo for!

Service Both impeccable, can't fault either!

Gym/Pool Not tested yet - will update when have!

Overall for me the location and the rooms at the Pen win it for me (particularly the location).
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
I would like to try this hotel sometime but whenenver I check the rates online, it is sky-high. Any tricks or codes to getting a half-way decent rate at the Park Hyatt Tokyo?
Old Feb 24, 2008, 5:22 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mildly unusual promotion currently going on at the PHT deli on the ground floor of the building: from 6-7pm weekdays, you get an appetizer plate and all the wine you can drink for Y2500. Currently here but haven't tried this!

I also remind those folks who keep complaining about the PHT shuttle that there is also a Keio line bus from the street right in front of the PHT (just left of the left driveway, looking down) that for Y100 will transport you directly to Shinjuku, right next to the west entrance. This bus runs every 10 minutes on the 2's from the hotel and the 5's from the station from early morning until evening.

One way to get a better rate at the PHT is to be an Amex Plat/Cent and use the Fine Hotels and Restaurants program. Or find a Virtuoso travel agent and book through them. One or the other or both works at most Tokyo luxury hotels.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:14 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Just stayed at Park Hyatt on Feb.23 using FFN award.

GP Diamond benefits:

Upgraded to Park Deluxe Room in corner
Complementary continental breakfast, through in-room dinning or in Girandole
(you may add some $ to upgrade to Girandole buffet breakfast, costs about JP$1,000)
Access to the Club on the Park with no extra charge for sauna
Welcome chocolate
Free internet access in business center

Diamond Gold Passport Breakfast Menu (served from 6am to 11am)

A Selection of Pastries

Chilled Juice
-orange
-grapefruit
-cranberry
-apple
-tomato
-vegetable

Beverage
-coffee
-decaffeinated
-tea
with cream/milk/warm milk/lemon/lowfat milk/nonfat milk
-cafe au lait
-hot chocolate
-warm milk
-cold milk
-lowfat milk
-nonfat milk
-soy milk

Last edited by MattTaiwan; Mar 3, 2008 at 8:22 am
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:28 am

PH Tokyo has a package rate called Park 360 that includes:

Breakfast : Afternoon Tea : Cocktails and Canapes : Access To Club on the Park - Valid: March 11, 2008 - September 30, 2008 Includes: - Daily Full 'French Influenced' Breakfast Per Person at Girandole or Through Room Service. - One Afternoon Tea With An Asian Twist Per Person at the Peak Lounge Per Night - Evening Cocktails and Canapes Between 5pm-7pm at New York Bar Per Person - Unlimited Access To Club on the Park Spa and Fitness Facilities - One Gift From the Delicatessen Per Person Per Stay

I guess this is as close to a 'Club' access as PHT can get.

Now, wouldn't it be nice if Diamond members get these amenities? Or do we?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
PH Tokyo has a package rate called Park 360 that includes:

Breakfast : Afternoon Tea : Cocktails and Canapes : Access To Club on the Park - Valid: March 11, 2008 - September 30, 2008 Includes: - Daily Full 'French Influenced' Breakfast Per Person at Girandole or Through Room Service. - One Afternoon Tea With An Asian Twist Per Person at the Peak Lounge Per Night - Evening Cocktails and Canapes Between 5pm-7pm at New York Bar Per Person - Unlimited Access To Club on the Park Spa and Fitness Facilities - One Gift From the Delicatessen Per Person Per Stay

I guess this is as close to a 'Club' access as PHT can get.

Now, wouldn't it be nice if Diamond members get these amenities? Or do we?
Interesting issue. Diamond member get most of benefits from Park 360, except afternoon tea and evening cocktails.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Park Hyatt is really a hotel you pay and stay inside the hotel all day long, and the Park 360 is just fantastic.

Mostly stay at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo instead.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 5:29 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
Interesting issue. Diamond member get most of benefits from Park 360, except afternoon tea and evening cocktails.
I'm not sure what a "Full 'French-influenced' breakfast" is, but the Diamond "in room only" breakfast is very limited.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:37 pm

Pictures from Park Hyatt Tokyo on Feb.23

Just stayed at Park Hyatt on Feb.23 using FFN award.

GP Diamond benefits:

Upgraded to Park Deluxe Room in corner
(you may add some $ to upgrade to Girandole buffet breakfast, costs about JP$1,000)
Access to the Club on the Park with no extra charge for sauna
Welcome chocolate
Free internet access in business center
Old Mar 20, 2008, 1:55 pm

PH Q about 4 adults in a room

I have an FFN stay booked at the PHT for later this month and may have some friends coming down to Tokyo while I am there. I cannot book another room as the only rooms they have available at this point are top of the line suites that cost $3.5k per night.

Would the rooms with queen beds sleep 4 adults in a jam? Does the hotel charge extra for this?

Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 1:59 pm

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space have been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Dec 18, 2008 at 1:47 pm
Old Mar 20, 2008, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Works for me. The room map on the back of the doors, one of the illustrations there, is rather clever. Unlike in most hotels it is not truly to scale so some larger rooms don't always show as such (although on that floor it is rather hard to hide that massive suite on the upper right!).
Old Mar 20, 2008, 5:26 pm

If we are to take buffet breakfast, do we sign the bill showing the full amount and at check out, the clerk will simply charge the difference? Or is the bill only showing the JP1000 difference?

(you may add some $ to upgrade to Girandole buffet breakfast, costs about JP$1,000)]
Old Mar 20, 2008, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
Maybe its just me, but I can't get the link to work.
Worked fine for me. Nice pics too.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but Viv's photoset of her visit to
the Park Hyatt Tokyo makes me swoon.

Check it out.

lala

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.