Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:27 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Tummy
I also checked King Bed, High Floor, but they put us on the 42nd floor, which I think is the lowest floor guest rooms are on.
Does this mean that there is something other than guest rooms, meeting rooms etc., on floors 1-41 ?

I find it interesting to know some of the details shared here. We think we have cramped quarters in our downtown areas such as NYC etc, but I think we forget how compact things are in some Asian cities...thus the differences in hotel rooms, pricing, transportation etc..

This is what makes travel so interesting, though a bit frustrating, if you are not accustomed to these differences that we never really think about until we travel and experience it for ourselves....well....at least IMHO.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Robt760
Does this mean that there is something other than guest rooms, meeting rooms etc., on floors 1-41?
The hotel occupies the top floors of a business skyscraper, the Shinjuku Park Tower.

The Yokohama Royal Park Hotel Nikko is similar, taking the top floors of the Landmark Tower.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 1:21 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Is this your first trip to Japan? Hotels rooms in Japan make many of those in Europe look roomy. The single rooms at the best hotels are veritable closets. The smallest room at the PHT is larger than 98% of hotel rooms in Japan, from my experience (10+trips to Japan). A diamond upgrade is a very rare thing at Japan Hyatts in several dozen stays (in all of the Japan Hyatts), other than RC upgrades, I think I have only gotten two true upgrades one to a corner room at the PHT and, this year, to a "grand" room at the GH Fukuoka.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know... The bedroom at the Hilton Kensington London would have fit into the bathroom of my Club King at the GHT. *That* was a small room.

I was lucky to get one of the larger PHT rooms on my stay, but then I was there mostly to sleep, so...
Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Park Suite at PHT

I'm staying for three nights at the PHT in a Park Suite (thanks to the sparkling good value 6,000 suite upgrade award) in a few weeks.

Are these suites located throughout the hotel, or in particular locations on each floor? i.e. any particular rooms to request or avoid. Do these rooms all look like the QuickTime movie on the hotel website (i.e. vast, amazingly appointed)?

A Google search is turning up nothing useful at all.

Any info appreciated; I promise a trip report in return - including comparison with the Four Seasons at Maranouchi (and the Narita Airport Holiday Inn, just for comedy value).
Old Mar 21, 2005, 5:27 am

Programs: Emirates
I did a similar thing and used GP points to upgrade; although I only had one night it was well worth it. Fantastic room, two huge king size beds next to one another and a great bathroom. I can't remember which floor I was one but the view was fantastic, I really can't imagine that there are any Park Suites that should be avoided. I will see if I can find any pics that I took. Also, I'm not sure if you are aware but the complimentary morning coffee service for GP members is very good, fresh coffee bought to your room with a red rose, very nice. Enjoy!
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:01 am

what rate did you use 6000 pts in conjunction with?

Could you please let us know what rate you paid in order to use 6000 pts for a suite upgrade? Was it rack/published rate or was it a lower rate (and how much was it?) Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I would also be interested to know the rate, I have a four night stay upcoming - wondering if better to pay & use 6000 or to use 92,000 points.

Also would be fab to hear any more details on these rooms from people who've stayed in them.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is usually supposed to be the "rack rate", according to the site. So I imagine the most expensive one.

Probably best to call HGP Reservations and note you're interested and see what rate they quote you.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 10:48 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Could you please let us know what rate you paid in order to use 6000 pts for a suite upgrade? Was it rack/published rate or was it a lower rate (and how much was it?) Thanks.
It's the "prevailing rate" for a Park Room at Hyatt.com. I confirmed this with the hotel. It's usually 43000 - 53000 yen (+tax&service) at this time of year.
I'd say it's a good rate for the quality of this room.

If you want to see the layout of this room, visit the much more elaborate Japnaese web site(must be viewed with IE):
http://www.parkhyatttokyo.com/Facili...parksuite.html
(click the red box on the right-bottom corner)

or this one:
http://www.parkhyatttokyo.com/hyatt/...executive.html

BTW, all Hyatts in Japan have their original Japanese web sites, all fancy with Flash and stuff. The Grand Hyatt Tokyo is a must-see!
http://www.grandhyatttokyo.com/
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by miroqua
It's the "prevailing rate" for a Park Room at Hyatt.com. I confirmed this with the hotel. It's usually 43000 - 53000 yen (+tax&service) at this time of year.
That's right - I'm on a 43,000¥ rate. It's an absolute steal.

I think something hasn't quite 'caught up', since the rate is supposed to be the prevailing Deluxe room: since the room category name change, the Deluxe room category is what used to be the Park Room, but they're still charging the rate for the old Guest Room (new Park Room) I think.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 8:54 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by NickW
I think something hasn't quite 'caught up', since the rate is supposed to be the prevailing Deluxe room: since the room category name change, the Deluxe room category is what used to be the Park Room, but they're still charging the rate for the old Guest Room (new Park Room) I think.
You're right it's supposed to be so, but I've always had to pay the lowest rate, including "Hyatt.com rate" (with the exception of PHT - they allow only "prevailing rate"), for my suite upgrades. This was at PHT, PH Hamburg, Singapore and Osaka.
I hope they all keep it this way.

Stunning world class presentation thank you for sharing!
One of the nicest I have ever seen.
You're welcome! Wasn't sure if you FTers were familiar with these.
I guess they're worth seeing even on machines without Japanese fonts?

Last edited by miroqua; Mar 21, 2005 at 9:02 pm
Old Mar 23, 2005, 2:43 am

Room types @ PHT

There was a post some time ago regarding the types of rooms at the park hyatt tokyo (what's good, what's not so good). With the search function down and google not giving me anything, I was hoping that some FTers would be willing to share their experience again. I know that they recently re-named their rooms -

Park Rooms
Park Deluxe Rooms
Park View Rooms
Park Suites
Specialty Suites

Specifically, I want to know if there's any significant difference between Park Deluxe and Park View rooms. Is the view worth an additional 6000 yen or so?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by domirule
There was a post some time ago regarding the types of rooms at the park hyatt tokyo (what's good, what's not so good). With the search function down and google not giving me anything, I was hoping that some FTers would be willing to share their experience again. I know that they recently re-named their rooms -

Park Rooms
Park Deluxe Rooms
Park View Rooms
Park Suites
Specialty Suites

Specifically, I want to know if there's any significant difference between Park Deluxe and Park View rooms. Is the view worth an additional 6000 yen or so?
I was told that the Park View rooms are Park Deluxe rooms with more windows. I think the views are all interesting here, but extra windows might make the room feel larger.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 7:23 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Spa access

I have an upcoming stay at the PHT - anyone know if I get access to the full spa (including the swishy locker facilities) in addition to pool access ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.