Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2008, 8:05 pm

Nice pics.

Wonder how many times you have to stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo to get sick of the place?
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aircoco
Nice pics.

Wonder how many times you have to stay at the Park Hyatt Tokyo to get sick of the place?
Hasn't happened to me yet and I must have 50 - 100 stays by now.

It sure is convenient to leave a suit there when checking out, ask them to press it, and arrive next time to find it pressed perfectly and hanging in the closet of my room. Of course, most any luxury hotel will do this for a regular guest.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:43 pm

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I'm going to be in Tokyo in early January and I'm thinking of saving up and staying at the Park Hyatt. I've got $200 in Hyatt gift certificates (will they accept these by the way?) so it's either PH or the Grand Hyatt.

I'm looking at either a Park King or Park Deluxe King, but can't decide. Is the only difference between the two rooms the size? I live in a tiny NYC apartment, so I'm not too fussy about a small(ish) hotel room, but I do want the Park Hyatt experience. Are the rooms the same style? Same furniture and bathrooms? On the same high floor(s) with the crazy views?

I might have a few more questions but those are on my mind right now I guess. Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by nycnyc
Sorry to bump this thread, but I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I'm going to be in Tokyo in early January and I'm thinking of saving up and staying at the Park Hyatt. I've got $200 in Hyatt gift certificates (will they accept these by the way?) so it's either PH or the Grand Hyatt.

I'm looking at either a Park King or Park Deluxe King, but can't decide. Is the only difference between the two rooms the size? I live in a tiny NYC apartment, so I'm not too fussy about a small(ish) hotel room, but I do want the Park Hyatt experience. Are the rooms the same style? Same furniture and bathrooms? On the same high floor(s) with the crazy views?

I might have a few more questions but those are on my mind right now I guess. Thanks!
Greetings from Tokyo

The difference between the two rooms are:
- Room size. Park King 485 sq.ft, Park DX King 590 sq.ft.
- Park DX King has a larger, "Park Hyatt experience" bathroom.

While the Park King is quite comfortable and the bathroom is large enough with a marble deep soaking bath tub / separate shower stall / separate toilet room, I would suggest to pick the Park DX King. The DX rooms have more space in the bedroom and bathroom, a guaranteed Park Hyatt experience.^

All guest rooms are on 42F or higher with stunning views.
I think January is the best season to enjoy the clear view from your room.

Do not forget to visit the swimming pool and gym on the 47F (reception is on 45F) which is complimentary to in-house guests. The view is GREAT. There are locker rooms and showers next to the pool, but you can also wear the bathrobe provided in your room and go to the pool.

I hope you enjoy your stay here in Tokyo.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:48 pm

I would strongly recommend the Park Deluxe for the experience. If you go for the lower grade, the Park Double rooms are actually a bit larger in size than the Park King, so unless you need the King, pick the Double. But go for Park Deluxe.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:15 pm

Thanks for the quick replies!

About the Hyatt gift certificates I've got, will the hotel accept them without a problem? Should I email them in advance telling them I plan on using them towards the cost of the stay?

Also, I'm planning to use the subway as much as I can, but might take a taxi if I've got shopping bags or something. How much is a taxi from Ginza to the PH? Or Roppongi to the PH?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:48 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by nycnyc
How much is a taxi from Ginza to the PH? Or Roppongi to the PH?
Ginza Station to Park Hyatt = 7.9km = roughly 2,510 yen
Roppongi Station to Park Hyatt = 7.2 km = roughly 2,330yen

(Fares and distances caluclated by Navitime).

Of course, the fare calcuation above does not account for traffic jams, alternative routes to avoid roadworks and other unforseen circumstances. Also note that fares increase after 11pm.

If your trip centers on Roppongi and Ginza, the GH might be a more convenient location.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:36 am

There is a free shuttle service from Park Hyatt to the Shinjuku station, roughly every 20 mins. From there, you can get to Roppongi, or Ginza or anywhere else quite easily.

If you are Diamond, you stand a good chance to be upgraded to the Park Deluxe room. The views from Park hyatt the last 3 days had been pretty good, you can see Mt Fuji and the downtown Shinjuku clearly.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 2:22 am

Programs: Various
I was going to post photos to this thread, which I thought was recently made possible, but no such luck. See below for links to photos I took at PHT back in 2006. Not sure if I had Deluxe or Standard room.

Suggestions to anybody visiting PHT:

1. See Lost in Translation just before your trip, and you'll get a greater (at least it was for me) appreciation of not only PHT, but the city in general.

2. If you are a foodie of any form, you should go to the lower level of this hotel to see the food shop and pastry case....even to just window shop!!

3. Definitely visit the pool, but bring your own swimming cap. It's required for male or female, regardless of how short your hair is. Bring swimming trunks too.

4. Some of the amenities are beyond anything I've seen anywhere else, though I'm not a frequent 5-star hotel guy. Bath amenities are from Aesop, the set that they provide in each bathroom has a retail price of $40. They left me a small box of Chocolate Covered Almonds that are made by an obscure Japanese chocolatier. As a Diamond (at the time) I was given the comp. hot beverage in the morning. As previously posted, it is brought precisely at the time requested to your room, which is a great way to start the day.

5. Anybody considering to pay for their stay might consider all options to use FFN or points, as this is an exceptionally good use of points vs. paying. Earn your FFN, enjoy a few hotel nights now for a budget cost, then take advantage of your earned reward in January!!

Photo Links (Click on Hot Link after each description):

Room View (Fuzzy Shot):PHT 1
Beds: PHT 2
Bath Tub: PHT 3
Bathroom Art: PHT 4
Library/Hallway: PHT 5
Hallway Window View: PHT 6
Lower Level Food Shop: PHT 7
Lower Level Food Shop 2: PHT 8
Old Nov 22, 2008, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Robt760
I was going to post photos to this thread, which I thought was recently made possible, but no such luck. See below for links to photos I took at PHT back in 2006. Not sure if I had Deluxe or Standard room.
The room you have stayed is definitely a Park Room Double (we call it "Twin" in Japan). All Park Room Doubles are corner rooms so if a double is okay, this room would be a nice option too. What a high quality standard room!^

--

nycnyc, the subway system in Tokyo is quite convenient and safe, so I would recommend to ride the free hotel shuttle to Shinjuku station which stops in front of the subway entrance stairs, and take a taxi for the way back especially if you have shopping bags
Taxi drivers do not speak/read English but a convenient taxi card explaining you want to go to PHT (in Japanese) is provided in guestrooms. The hotel concierge will be more than happy to assist you with all Japanese-related matters.
Tipping is never required/expected in Japan, neither for taxis nor for hotel services including housekeeping, luggage assistance or special requests.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 6:44 am

I like to take the breakfast at the Girandole restaurant instead of room service. You get 5 pieces of assorted bread/pastries plus coffee/tea and juice. Much better than room service, as you can eat anytime you are truly awake.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:13 am

I like to take the breakfast at the Girandole restaurant instead of room service. You get 5 pieces of assorted bread/pastries plus coffee/tea and juice. Much better than room service, as you can eat anytime you are truly awake.
I recall an earlier thread about the possibility to upgrade from the free continental breakfast offered to Diamonds by paying 1,000 yen. Is that still true? What extra items does that cover?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 8:57 am

The PH website currently has a lower rate option that requires full payment in advance. I didn't see an expiration date for the offer--any idea on how long this offer might be available?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:15 am

There is a free shuttle service from Park Hyatt to the Shinjuku station, roughly every 20 mins. From there, you can get to Roppongi, or Ginza or anywhere else quite easily.

If you are Diamond, you stand a good chance to be upgraded to the Park Deluxe room. The views from Park hyatt the last 3 days had been pretty good, you can see Mt Fuji and the downtown Shinjuku clearly.
I find the shuttle useful on occasion, but more often take the 100 yen bus that leaves from the street right in front of the hotel. As you exit the hotel, go down the driveway to your left, and the bus stop is at the bottom to the immediate left of the driveway. This bus runs every ten minutes, or more often, from 6am to 9pm (8pm on Sat/Sun/hols) and goes to bus stop 21 which is very near the station entrance. During most of the day, it leaves the PH stop at minutes ending in 2, and it leaves stop 21 at Shinjuku to return to the hotel at minutes ending in 5.

Also, if you walk down to the Deli and out the back of the Park Tower building, there is a a free shuttle bus every 10 minutes during the day that goes to the same stop as the PH shuttle.

Regarding the room service diamond breakfast, a while back the times it was available were made longer. It used to stop at 9am, but now is available until 11am.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 4:48 pm

Richard, with that many stays they really should treat you very special.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Hasn't happened to me yet and I must have 50 - 100 stays by now.

It sure is convenient to leave a suit there when checking out, ask them to press it, and arrive next time to find it pressed perfectly and hanging in the closet of my room. Of course, most any luxury hotel will do this for a regular guest.

Last edited by best; Nov 23, 2008 at 10:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.