Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:19 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
An aspirational redemption....but not tops in Tokyo

I had a multi-night paid stay at this property back in May. It was a very nice hotel, and is probably one of the most aspirational redemption options for GP point collectors. The property combines the generally very good service standards in Japan with Park Hyatt's approach to service.

It is worthwhile to note that this property is far from the top luxury experience you could have in Tokyo. Some posts about the property come pretty close to the assertion that it is the best in Tokyo. Even within the redemption category, it is potentially a half notch below the RC in terms of experience, and well below other paid-only options.

All that said, if Hyatt is your regular chain, this is a good spot to redeem.

Overview: An in-city hotel that delivers a solid luxury hotel experience
Strengths: Service, views, dining/bars, pool
Drawbacks: Maze-like feeling in many corridors, location outside of Tokyo’s main business hub

Full review here (with pictures):
http://upgrd.com/sitinfirst/park-hya...ion-hotel.html
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the report! I enjoyed it very much, and agreed with most of your impressions.

I just want to point out that, if you go during the Five to Seven period, the 2,200 yen cover charge does not apply...probably because they have no entertainment during that time.

(and the Palace Hotel was not "gut renovated", it was torn down and completely rebuilt!)
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:54 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Thanks for the report! I enjoyed it very much, and agreed with most of your impressions.

I just want to point out that, if you go during the Five to Seven period, the 2,200 yen cover charge does not apply...probably because they have no entertainment during that time.

(and the Palace Hotel was not "gut renovated", it was torn down and completely rebuilt!)
The cover charge doesn't ever apply to diamonds (maybe everyone) who are staying at the hotel. This change was made a few years back.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
-----

Last edited by zombietooth; Nov 3, 2015 at 11:44 am
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I've requested a copy of the bill from the bar. Let's see if they will waive the cover for a house guest. Will post back.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:01 pm
KKR
Formerly known as kkr

Programs: AA EXP, VX Gold, SPG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Just echoing others's comments:

I stayed here for a couple days two weeks ago. I honestly think this hotel is the best hotel I've ever stayed in! I've stayed at several other famous properties such as Ritz Carlton Tokyo, St. Regis NY, Chatwal, Ritz Carlton Central Park, etc but none came even close to the service I've received here. I got the Park Suite and it was huge! (especially since I was there alone lol).

I don't think I will ever stay at other hotels again in Tokyo...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:27 am

Yeah I want very badly to stay here again during my trip to Japan again next year, but...with the current USD JPY exchange rate...just not going to happen.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
Yeah I want very badly to stay here again during my trip to Japan again next year, but...with the current USD JPY exchange rate...just not going to happen.
Have you gotten the Hyatt Credit Card yet? PHT is as good a place as any to use those free nights...

Edit: And I expect that, two years from now, you will look back fondly on the days when a dollar could actually buy 80 yen.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:00 pm

deleted

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jul 17, 2012 at 11:34 pm
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

If you have any specific theories as to why this trend will reverse, I would love to hear them.

Last edited by hailstorm; Jul 17, 2012 at 10:04 pm
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, *A Gold
I just booked two nights at the Park Hyatt using stay certificates. I called to verify and they said the booking was fine. I did a writeup about it here: http://www.openjaw.be/post/261391143...th-40-discount

(Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link so mods please feel free to remove it.)
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
It's a free drink from a set menu (sparkling wine, white wine, red wine, or beer...my wife was also able to substitute a non-alcoholic cocktail from the regular menu) that Diamonds can receive at the New York Bar from 5pm to 7pm. I believe it is for all nights, and, though I declined, the server did offer me a refill on my sparkling wine, so it's possible that this is good for multiple drinks throughout the 5-7 time period.
Number of drinks were unlimited.

Here some pictures ...

Park Suite:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....att-tokyo.html

Details:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....t-tokyo-2.html

More details:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....t-tokyo-3.html

Views:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....t-tokyo-4.html
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why are so much of your pictures not aligned?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Why are so much of your pictures not aligned?
Diamond Happy Hour at the New York Bar
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
Diamond Happy Hour at the New York Bar
I wish it was true, but I have seen your photos before on other posts and it appears to be your thing. This can be a useful effect if used judiciously, but unfortunately…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.