Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
I'm assuming the PHT charges cover for the NY bar regardless if you are a diamond, NOT staying at this property? My upcoming trip I'll be down the block at the HRT.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lagunas2k
I'm assuming the PHT charges cover for the NY bar regardless if you are a diamond, NOT staying at this property? My upcoming trip I'll be down the block at the HRT.
Yes, but maybe the cover doesn't start until the until the live music does, that I am less sure of.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
Indeed, I was charged. Elite status doesn't really mean anything unless you are a guest of the property. This seems logical to me.

Re Richard's comment, I'm also not sure when cover is charged. At Maduro, the jazz bar at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, curiously you are charged cover if you sit in the seats or on a couch, but not if you sit at the bar. Given that the area is in the same room and literally not 5 steps away, it is a curious oddity.

Then again, I long ago stopped being surprised at curious oddities in Japan.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:08 pm

I have a few questions regarding the Tokyo Park Hyatt - my family and I will be visiting Tokyo at some point and are considering staying there, but I'm getting conflicting information as to whether they allow children or not. I see on some websites that the hotel is 17+ only, and I've seen other posts where folks talk about taking clearly young children there. I have 2 girls, not exactly children but minors nonetheless, 12 and 14. Can anyone tell me if a stay there would be permitted?

dcman2
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:11 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by dcman2
I have a few questions regarding the Tokyo Park Hyatt - my family and I will be visiting Tokyo at some point and are considering staying there, but I'm getting conflicting information as to whether they allow children or not. I see on some websites that the hotel is 17+ only, and I've seen other posts where folks talk about taking clearly young children there. I have 2 girls, not exactly children but minors nonetheless, 12 and 14. Can anyone tell me if a stay there would be permitted?

dcman2
I'm sure that they are permitted - issue is number of rooms (probably need to book 2 rooms).
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcman2
Children are absolutely allowed. However, the Park Hyatt Tokyo considers children to be of the age of 12 or younger, so your 14 year old will be considered an adult in terms of room pricing.

There are some places within the hotel, such as the fitness gym, where children under 18 are not allowed, but they can definitely stay in a hotel room.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

My kids stayed there when I did, so that is an existence proof that it is allowed.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:32 pm

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
We stayed last month with our kids aged 11 & 9.

IIRC the only place the kids couldn't go was the gym/spa & the NY bar. Access to pool & NY grill were fine.......we sat in the NY grill with our kids during cocktail hour.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:04 pm

Thank you everyone - I was having trouble clearing that up.

dcman2
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by sensei
Just a warning that the current 4th night free promotion, unlike previous ones, is NOT eligible for stay credit/points.
I just stayed here on the 4th night free rate (as booked from the website), and the points and credits all posted without issue. From your post I was expecting having to raise a stink over it but everything automatically posted to my account without any intervention.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Note: We just had to delete several posts since they were commentary on a member having children in the bar area before dinner. This is off topic and personal commentary. Knock it off.

peteropny & Markie - co-mods - Hyatt
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by peteropny
Note: We just had to delete several posts since they were commentary on a member having children in the bar area before dinner. This is off topic and personal commentary. Knock it off.

peteropny & Markie - co-mods - Hyatt
Just for the record - our kids were never in the NY bar.

We were seated in the NY Grill where we were quite within our rights & where we stayed for dinner due to the typhoon "Jetawat" that was forecast to hit Tokyo that night!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by LAX88
If I am staying at the PH Tokyo under my name and traveling with a Diamond member, will this location honor the Diamond member's status and provide the benefits? Should I put the member's name on the reservation or do something to help ensure the benefits are provided? Thanks.
Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes - put the Diamond member's name & Diamond number on the reservation.
Apparently this cannot be done for the first two nights because I am using Chase nights and then paying for the remaining nights. So the last four nights are fine, but do you think they'll recognize the benefits the first two nights? Hyatt Phone CS said no, but I imagine it varies in practice..
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:49 pm

When does this hotel release their specials? I'm trying to book some rooms for July of 2013 and none of the promos are applicable!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LAX88
Apparently this cannot be done for the first two nights because I am using Chase nights and then paying for the remaining nights. So the last four nights are fine, but do you think they'll recognize the benefits the first two nights? Hyatt Phone CS said no, but I imagine it varies in practice..
I reserved my Chase nights at PHT as a Platinum, they started a Diamond Challenge just before going. All of the Diamond benefits were afforded to us during our Chase night stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.