Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Yes, that is clearly what is being said. I don't go up there very often despite being a frequent guest, but it's something I've never seen, and it's very hard for me to believe that management would allow it. Also it is difficult to believe that a hooker would work a man who was there with a date.
I've never seen working girls alone at the New York Bar, but what I have seen quite often is what I call "take your daughter to work day" type setups: classic old-skool Japanese ojichan with some young hottie eye candy, which is clearly not his wife, nor his mistress, so it must be his daughter.
Old May 3, 2013, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by NickW
Bangaluru is to Rappungi as Bengaluru is to Roppongi; I'm sure. I have exited Tokyo, without much of a blaze of glory. God's work still needs to be done, and many hands make light work. Who would believe BLR is a more expensive expat destination than NYC?
I see. But the fact remains that Ginza is for the shopping and Rappungi is for the nightlife. And not viceversa.
Old May 3, 2013, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
In the entry level suite at the PHT, there is no door between the bedroom and the living room, although if you sit on the couch, you are not visible to the bedroom or vice versa. There is a door between the bedroom and bathroom. The suite is easily double the size of the Park Deluxe room.
Technically, there is no wall between the entrance and the bedroom. There is a giant folded partition thing instead which acts as a wall, but leaves a crack of space open on the sides and top.

Park Deluxe is 55 sq meters compared to 100 in the suite, so your assessment that the suite is "easily double the size" is incorrect.
Old May 3, 2013, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
In japan it is very unlikely in my opinion that hookers would "work" an hotel bar in the same way they do at Four Seasons New York or at the Plaza Athénée Paris, for example. Any hookers that might be at the New York Bar likely have come together with their "dates."
I was really surprised about it too. While I was at the hotel I went to NY Bar 4 times and only noticed it twice. Still had a great time though.
Old May 4, 2013, 10:00 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Technically, there is no wall between the entrance and the bedroom. There is a giant folded partition thing instead which acts as a wall, but leaves a crack of space open on the sides and top.

Park Deluxe is 55 sq meters compared to 100 in the suite, so your assessment that the suite is "easily double the size" is incorrect.
Thanks for the corrections.

To avoid confusion, that giant folded partition you refer to is permanently mounted, it's more of an architectural attempt to give some variety to that wall than a partition, although it does leak some light through because of the way it is constructed. This style is repeated in portions of some of the other types of suites as well.

Different park suites have different sizes, the one I most commonly have stayed in recently has an entire hallway area with extra closets at the entrance before opening up into the suite. But I have never been in one that has a door between the bedroom and living room, although it still is a true suite except possibly for the absence of a small guest toilet room.
Old May 4, 2013, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pickles
I see. But the fact remains that Ginza is for the shopping and Rappungi is for the nightlife. And not viceversa.
I don't know much about Rappungi, but Roppongi now has Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown, and as such is now very much a vable shopping destination.
Old May 4, 2013, 4:44 pm

I don't know much about Rappungi, but Roppongi now has Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown, and as such is now very much a vable shopping destination.
Obviously.

I suspect the post you have quoted was in reference to an "inside" joke from the Japan forum about a poster who famously made the statement that one should go to Ginza "for the shopping" and that "Rappungi" was the best place "for the nightlife."

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; May 4, 2013 at 4:51 pm
Old May 13, 2013, 10:25 am

But I have never been in one that has a door between the bedroom and living room, although it still is a true suite except possibly for the absence of a small guest toilet room.
The twin version of the suite does have a true sliding door between the BRand LR, FWIW.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
The twin version of the suite does have a true sliding door between the BRand LR, FWIW.
That's not generally true; I was in 4501 recently, which is a Park Suite Twin, and it didn't have any kind of a door there.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
That's not generally true; I was in 4501 recently, which is a Park Suite Twin, and it didn't have any kind of a door there.
I've never understood this fetish for doors in suites.
Old May 14, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I've never understood this fetish for doors in suites.
Doors are useful. One can sleep while the other one can do other stuff without disturbing the other person sleeping.
Old May 16, 2013, 7:28 am

Strange. I haven't been in 4501, but have been in other xx01 series rooms, all of which had a LR/BR door. Odd that they wouldn't be the same.
Old May 16, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strange. I haven't been in 4501, but have been in other xx01 series rooms, all of which had a LR/BR door. Odd that they wouldn't be the same.
4801 and 4901 definitely had doors.
Old May 16, 2013, 8:19 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been in the 01 series Park Suites many times yet don't remember the doors, however I stand corrected.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
4501:

No door. If it's something one cares about, one should probably make a point of discussing it with someone at the hotel prior to arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.