Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Sign in using an external account

Old Jan 11, 13, 6:49 pm   #1

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Ritz-Carlton Silver
[Dead] Cheap unadvertised rate for Park Hyatt Tokyo?

Park Hyatt Tokyo is currently offering a "4th Night Free" promotion.

http://tokyo.park.hyatt.com/hyatt/ho...sBookable=true

This is, as it sounds, a rate where you pay for the first three nights and the fourth night is free.

However, when you use this link and try to book four nights between the months of March and May, the "4th Night Free" rate listed is much cheaper:

http://www.tokyo.park.hyatt.com/hyat...&corp_id=21837

The cheapest I found was for the end of May (May 27th to May 31st) during which time a Park Deluxe room for 2 is going for 29525 yen a night. If the fourth night is free, then the room could be had for less than $250 per night.

Unlike the regular 4th Night Free promotion, this one is a full prepayment/non refundable rate, and the rate description is a lot more vague, making it unclear whether or not the fourth night is actually zero yen, so doing this is not without risk. Let the buyer beware...

It seems that this code now returns "Confidential Rate", so probably should avoid at this point.

Last edited by hailstorm; Feb 20, 13 at 12:10 am.
hailstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 13, 7:57 pm   #2

Programs: AA ExP, A3 *G, SPG Plat75, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PlatA, Club Carlson Gold, HH Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
Quote:
No Special Offers for this hotel currently
Old Jan 11, 13, 8:02 pm   #3

No Go for the dates you have.

Monday, May 27 - Friday, May 31, 2013 (4 Nights)
1 Room, 1 Adults per room | Special Offer Code: TYO110
Sort By: Show In:
RESERVATION ASSISTANCE
in U.S. & Canada
1-800-492-8804
or Worldwide Contacts

The special offer/rate you have requested is unavailable during the dates selected, or it is not offered at this property. Below is a list of rates available during your requested dates. To check availability for the special offer/rate, please go back and search alternate dates.
enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 13, 8:20 pm   #4

Programs: Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Ritz-Carlton Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansGolden View Post
No Special Offers for this hotel currently
That doesn't matter. Try to reserve with that code anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
No Go for the dates you have.

Monday, May 27 - Friday, May 31, 2013 (4 Nights)
1 Room, 1 Adults per room | Special Offer Code: TYO110
Sort By: Show In:
RESERVATION ASSISTANCE
in U.S. & Canada
1-800-492-8804
or Worldwide Contacts

The special offer/rate you have requested is unavailable during the dates selected, or it is not offered at this property. Below is a list of rates available during your requested dates. To check availability for the special offer/rate, please go back and search alternate dates.
That's what it says when using the regular link. Use the second link in my post.
Old Jan 12, 13, 1:38 pm   #5

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
thank you

Quote:
That doesn't matter. Try to reserve with that code anyway.

That's what it says when using the regular link. Use the second link in my post.
30.000yen for the ph is incredible !!

i was looking to book the hotel at 50.000yen per night., so this is a great deal

dp
derpelikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 13, 7:09 am   #6

Quote:

This is, as it sounds, a rate where you pay for the first three nights and the fourth night is free.

However, when you use this link and try to book four nights between the months of March and May, the "4th Night Free" rate listed is much cheaper:

The cheapest I found was for the end of May (May 27th to May 31st) during which time a Park Deluxe room for 2 is going for 29525 yen a night. If the fourth night is free, then the room could be had for less than $250 per night.

Unlike the regular 4th Night Free promotion, this one is a full prepayment/non refundable rate, and the rate description is a lot more vague, making it unclear whether or not the fourth night is actually zero yen, so doing this is not without risk. Let the buyer beware...
Its really a great deal to grab but the problem is that my scheduled vacation leave doesn't coincide with it...
BellaSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 13, 7:04 pm   #7

Thanks for posting the deal. My fiance and I are considering booking a trip for April, which costs more. We can't do it at the end of May because we are getting married the first week of June.

The link above posts the terms. They deduct the free night at checkout.
yotsubachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 13, 7:44 pm   #8

This might be the great price at PH Tokyo!
hw807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 13, 7:06 am   #9

Pardon my asking, but is this a corporate code? I've stayed there twice with different corporate codes and twice I was asked to show ID.
mattking2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 13, 2:37 pm   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattking2000 View Post
Pardon my asking, but is this a corporate code? I've stayed there twice with different corporate codes and twice I was asked to show ID.
A corporate code does not imply corporate rate.

Look at the "Awaken at the Park" rate code.

Old Jan 17, 13, 12:40 am   #11

Programs: HGP
for all of the various dates i've searched, the 4th Night Free rate wasn't that much lower than the Advanced Purchase Rate. I'm guessing they're charging full rack rate of 55,000 Yen/night = 20% increase over Advanced rate?

Or maybe I'm looking at wrong dates
op487062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 13, 12:47 am   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by op487062 View Post
for all of the various dates i've searched, the 4th Night Free rate wasn't that much lower than the Advanced Purchase Rate. I'm guessing they're charging full rack rate of 55,000 Yen/night = 20% increase over Advanced rate?

Or maybe I'm looking at wrong dates
You're using the wrong link.

Also, this only works for dates in March, April, and May.
Old Feb 8, 13, 9:05 pm   #13

Has anyone tried booking using Hailstorm's second link? I wonder if you pre-pay the lower rate or you'll be charged the higher rate and they will refund your card 1 night at checkout.
nycnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 13, 9:12 pm   #14
TalkBoard Member, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Quote:

I've seen third or fourth night free rates for Shanghai SPG properties that were nonrefundable. Overall they were good values. However, other available rate plans had lower prices per night, so one must always calculate the total price of the planned stay with and without the buy X get 1 free rates.
Old Feb 9, 13, 9:26 am   #15

Programs: Qantas FF, Life Miles, AA, USDM, Qatar, Swissotel Circle, CC Gold, Hil Gold, Hyatt Silver
Is this rate available for August
Rusell is offline   Reply With Quote