Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
Yes. That's what I did and it worked great.
Originally Posted by TroyMcClure
Noob Alert!

Im SPG Plat thinking of jumping ship to hyatt. Am I unerstanding this correctly that its best to ask for a status match in Jan 2013 (one month before my SPG Plat expiration) so that I get 4 suite upgrades to begin with and then another 4 upon completion of the challenge? Thanks in advance
Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:42 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Noob Alert!

Im SPG Plat thinking of jumping ship to hyatt. Am I unerstanding this correctly that its best to ask for a status match in Jan 2013 (one month before my SPG Plat expiration) so that I get 4 suite upgrades to begin with and then another 4 upon completion of the challenge? Thanks in advance
Well, not sure what to advise - I guess it depends on your travel patterns etc.

Getting the challenge "now" (early 2012) - you'll get 4 upgrades "now", if you complete the challenge status will run through 2/2013.

Getting the challenge "late" in the year (later 2012 - Aug?) - you'll get 4 upgrades then, status will run through 2/2014 if you complete, get another 4 upgrades in 3/2013.

Getting the challenge "very early" in the year (1/2013) - you'll get 4 upgrades then, status will run through 2/2014 if you complete, get another 4 upgrades in 3/2013.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by edcho
You can use the 4 suites for any paid future stays. However, if you don't complete the challenge (and haven't applied them anywhere), you will loose them. If you do apply them to a future stay, I believe you keep whatever you have used.

I, too, just got a Diamond challenge but if one is not successful at the challenge but has booked future stays beyond the 60 days and applied the suite upgrades awarded as part of the challenge, will those upgrades still be honored?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by peteropny

Getting the challenge "now" (early 2012) - you'll get 4 upgrades "now", if you complete the challenge status will run through 2/2013.

Getting the challenge "late" in the year (later 2012 - Aug?) - you'll get 4 upgrades then, status will run through 2/2014 if you complete, get another 4 upgrades in 3/2013.

Getting the challenge "very early" in the year (1/2013) - you'll get 4 upgrades then, status will run through 2/2014 if you complete, get another 4 upgrades in 3/2013.
Thanks for the replies.

And good point peteropny, for me it would be to have status for the longest period possible. Sort of get the most bang for my status match buck so to speak. Which as you illustrated above waiting until Jan 2013 might not be the best course as option number two would appear to be just as good or better. Just so I understand correctly, as long as you ask for a status match after Aug 2012 your matched Hyatt status would expire at the end of Feb 2014?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:46 pm

Thanks for the replies.

And good point peteropny, for me it would be to have status for the longest period possible. Sort of get the most bang for my status match buck so to speak. Which as you illustrated above waiting until Jan 2013 might not be the best course as option number two would appear to be just as good or better. Just so I understand correctly, as long as you ask for a status match after Aug 2012 your matched Hyatt status would expire at the end of Feb 2014?
Yes.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Shenanigans
I, too, just got a Diamond challenge but if one is not successful at the challenge but has booked future stays beyond the 60 days and applied the suite upgrades awarded as part of the challenge, will those upgrades still be honored?
Yes -- I believe so.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:10 pm

Thanks for the replies.

It is the latter part of 2012 - IIRC it's August - but if you choose to go that route - be sure to ask - it could be Sept or Oct.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by peteropny

Thanks Peter for bumping me over to this thread (should have been able to find it myself, but I guess I'm still quite inept at searching on FT). The info here has confirmed what I thinking re the timing of the challenge and diamond status renewal.

I do have one question regarding the diamond suite upgrades. You mention that the upgrades are not issued until March each year. So if I use all 4 of the upgrades received on a Challenge beginning April 2012 by the end of 2012, I won't receive any more at the beginning of the next calendar year (Jan 2013), but rather in Mar 2013?

Also, what happens if I use a suite upgrade received during the Challenge on a revenue booking for April 2014, but then lose my diamond status from March 2014? Do they still honor the upgrade?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I do have one question regarding the diamond suite upgrades. You mention that the upgrades are not issued until March each year. So if I use all 4 of the upgrades received on a Challenge beginning April 2012 by the end of 2012, I won't receive any more at the beginning of the next calendar year (Jan 2013), but rather in Mar 2013?

Also, what happens if I use a suite upgrade received during the Challenge on a revenue booking for April 2014, but then lose my diamond status from March 2014? Do they still honor the upgrade?
1. Correct - for requalifying Diamonds - a new set of 4 upgrades is issued in March and not January.

2. I believe they would still honor the upgrade if already confirmed - although be aware that if you cancel (and possibly even if change the dates of your stay) the upgrade will be lost and can't be switched over (since it's already expired).
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
If you change or otherwise cancel those bookings you will lose those upgrades, but I have read that they will be valid if you leave them as is after you lose the diamond status.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I just saw this thread and thought to apply for a Diamond Challenge. I am headed off for 5 nights in Japan tomorrow and have been really wishing I had status to get breakfast and/or club access.

A quick call and I was enrolled in the 12 nights/60 days challenge. I already have 8 booked, and will probably be traveling for another 4 nights on business, so this is perfect. I was planning on earning the status the hard way this year anyway, but this makes the qualifying stays that much more worth it.

Hope the data point helps someone else.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So for those who sign up now and complete it in june when is new status expiration?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
So for those who sign up now and complete it in june when is new status expiration?
It is still 2/13.

Question: To apply the suite upgrade, does the reservation need to be made directly on Hyatt.com or do third party reservations (such as Expedia) are OK?

TIA.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
THRILLED with the program!

I wanted to post that I am very happy with Hyatt so far. I have been Platinum on SPG for 8 years (almost lifetime plat there) but think I have really hit the jackpot with Hyatt. Here's what I did:

* Diamond status match, completed stays in 1 month.
* Diamond status bonus points
* Hit the 16 nights on the promo (ending 4/30), this was HUGE and took several stays away from SPG.
* Got the credit card, two free nights
* Using one of the Suite upgrades at the Park Hyatt Melbourne
* Got the Hyatt spend on the credit card for the bonus points

This may sound incredible but I have only 13 stays since 2000 (lifetime stays) with Hyatt, 5 stays total this year (16 nights), and have racked up 120,000+ points. Obviously most of those points were because of the promos I hit when they came up.

Even with the prospect of SPG lifetime platinum I'm considering Hyatt the best value at this point. 5th night free on SPG redemption seems to be the only thing I would really miss jumping ship. I don't like the forex fees on the SPG card, and I don't like the fact it's AmEx. Hyatt did it right. Another benefit, the category redemption points seem reasonable compared to 120,000 points per night at the W Resort Maldives!

What would I have done differently? Well, I would have done the status match before applying for the credit card to get the 2 suites! But at this point, that would be just greedy. Oh, and I got the Hyatt $75 annual fee waived retroactively since I had booked some nights that same day.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by gozetta

This may sound incredible but I have only 13 stays since 2000 (lifetime stays) with Hyatt, 5 stays total this year (16 nights), and have racked up 120,000+ points. Obviously most of those points were because of the promos I hit when they came up.
The credit card and promos like that are why we are inevitably going to see any devaluation. The catch 22 of point heavy promos and easier earning through credit card spend, etc....more points flood in and everyone is happy to earn more, but inevitably they charge more for every redemption. I mean, everyone has platinum status now due to the CC, which gives 15% more points into the system to begin with, plus CC spend. Despite the fact that Hyatt promos have been largely terrible this year, all the point influx is bad long term IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.