Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
We have only heard that they'll offer a Diamond challenge to Hilton Gold (have not seen reports of Marriott Gold).
Dear lowjhg:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I
appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Regarding your inquiry, currently a Diamond Trial Offer is available. .
You will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days with proof of top
tier status with one of our competitors program. .However, you must
complete 12 nights in 60 days to maintain Diamond tier through February
of 2013. .You will also receive 1000 bonus points on your first six
eligible nights within 60 days, up to a maximum of 6000 bonus points.

Please note the list of competitors that Hyatt Gold Passport will match:

Hilton Gold VIP or Hilton Diamond VIP
Marriott Gold or Marriott Platinum
Starwood Platinum Preferred Guest
Priority Club Platinum

Please email or mail a statement of your account activity with a
competitor to us for processing at:

PO Box 27089
Omaha, NE 68127-0089
Clearly I've got an email that says otherwise.
Old May 24, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by lucjos0224
I just called HGP Customer Service as I am trying to request a Diamond Challenge for my wife. She is Marriott Gold and we will be staying 4 nights at the PH Vendome and it would be nice to have the free breakfast.

The lady at HGP said they will only match highest status to highest status, indicating that she would need to demonstrate Marriott Platinum to get the challenge. However, that does not seem to be consistent with what I have seen on this forum. Usually, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, etc. is enough for the match. Can anyone confirm this?
UPDATE...I actually emailed HGP yesterday with my wife's status at Marriott (Gold) and they were able to give her the standard 60-day Diamond Challenge. So, yes, it is still going on.
Old May 24, 2012, 4:18 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by lowjhg
Clearly I've got an email that says otherwise.
I stand corrected.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The current Diamond Challenge offer expires on May 31.

Is it likely to be extended, from past experience ?

Thanks.
Old May 25, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
The current Diamond Challenge offer expires on May 31.

Is it likely to be extended, from past experience ?

Thanks.
Has it been 60 days for you? If so, most likely not...
Old May 25, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by utpharmdoc
Has it been 60 days for you? If so, most likely not...
I think the OP is referring to whether they might extend the OFFER, ie, the starting date for a challenge, rather than the OP's own 60-day challenge.

From my own experience and from what others have posted, it seems that they often allow individual challenges on a case-by-case basis even when there is no publicly announced offer.
Old May 25, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I think the OP is referring to whether they might extend the OFFER, ie, the starting date for a challenge, rather than the OP's own 60-day challenge.

From my own experience and from what others have posted, it seems that they often allow individual challenges on a case-by-case basis even when there is no publicly announced offer.
Thanks.

That was indeed my question.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks.

That was indeed my question.
But please note some key words in my response: "seems" "often" and "case-by-case". Otherwise, from my own challenge and at least a dozen others I have seen reported on FT, if you appear to be an attractive customer or otherwise have some leverage, then the officially announced end date for the offer is not very meaningful.
Old May 25, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
But please note some key words in my response: "seems" "often" and "case-by-case". Otherwise, from my own challenge and at least a dozen others I have seen reported on FT, if you appear to be an attractive customer or otherwise have some leverage, then the officially announced end date for the offer is not very meaningful.
Noted.

I am endeavouring to negotiate with Hyatt Customer Relations, with some leverage, although we shall see if I am successful.
Old May 26, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Noted.

I am endeavouring to negotiate with Hyatt Customer Relations, with some leverage, although we shall see if I am successful.
Have not read through all this thread ,but I was told the 60 day match is called a Trial and the challenge is only to people who had prior Diamond Status .

If you are applying for the trial Hyatt offers it all the time I was told, and I was recently matched, or more accurately given the trial .

Last edited by PETERPNYC; May 26, 2012 at 3:41 am
Old May 26, 2012, 8:47 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Have not read through all this thread ,but I was told the 60 day match is called a Trial and the challenge is only to people who had prior Diamond Status .

If you are applying for the trial Hyatt offers it all the time I was told, and I was recently matched, or more accurately given the trial .
How recently did one have to have Diamond status to apply for this trial? Or is the better option to match an elite loyalty status from Hilton or Marriott?
Old May 26, 2012, 11:34 am

I have spoken to Hyatt GP, and the current Diamond Trial promotion ends on May 31st.

There is no guarantee that it will be extended and the person I spoke to indicated that the Diamond membership, if you qualify, expires in February. She thought that this might curtail the offer until later this year/next year since the benefits would only be available for 7/8 months.

I will not complete 12 nights within 60 days of the month end, so will gain the benefits at my next stay but lose them after I check out. Still advantageous, but I will return to Platinum for my later stays.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:45 am

Instant reply

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
How recently did one have to have Diamond status to apply for this trial? Or is the better option to match an elite loyalty status from Hilton or Marriott?
If you choose the option to match , you can receive an instantaneous trial/match by emailing a copy of your Status account to the person whom you speak with at GP.

Ask their particular Email and how can you reconnect with them to confirm receipt and acceptance of your qualifying statement . It may take 12 hours but you can definitely make the deadline . IIRC the decision was made immediately by the GP CSR I spoke with .
Good luck
Old May 27, 2012, 10:53 am

Any update on if you still get the suite upgrades when you challenge? Do those appear sometime after your account reflects the status?
Old May 28, 2012, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Any update on if you still get the suite upgrades when you challenge? Do those appear sometime after your account reflects the status?
I got the 4 suite upgrades on paid stays only a little after my trial started.
You do not loose the suite upgrades if you fail the trial

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.