Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: mp diamond, qf plat, royal amb, hh diamond, spg plat, hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily:18787787
I am considering a tier match/challenge for Hyatt Diamond. From this thread, I understand we will have 60 days to complete 12 nights to complete the challenge. My question is can I pick start date of the 60 days trial period? Or the 60 days will start ticking when they accept my request for challenge? I am considering some stays in Hyatt properties in Oct/Nov of this year.

Another question is on the suite upgrade on arrival. I understand suite upgrade on arrival is not a standard policy for Hyatt Diamond. Just want to find out from your experience how often do you get suite upgrades on arrival from Hyatt properties.
I wanted to delay the start of my challenge to coincide with my trip and GP ppl replied and said to email for the challenge no later than 5 days before the first Hyatt stay, therefore request for the challenge oct/nov

I can't answer your 2nd question as I exhausted one of the suite upgrade cert on my very first reservation.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:41 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by 1stClassFamily
I am considering a tier match/challenge for Hyatt Diamond. From this thread, I understand we will have 60 days to complete 12 nights to complete the challenge. My question is can I pick start date of the 60 days trial period? Or the 60 days will start ticking when they accept my request for challenge? I am considering some stays in Hyatt properties in Oct/Nov of this year.

Another question is on the suite upgrade on arrival. I understand suite upgrade on arrival is not a standard policy for Hyatt Diamond. Just want to find out from your experience how often do you get suite upgrades on arrival from Hyatt properties.
You can't pick the start date - I'd wait until at least late Sept to apply (also since it's late in the year - chances are better that if you complete the challenge your status will be good until 2/14).

Suite upgrades on arrival is pretty rare - mostly depends on the property if they have lots of suites and their policies - take a look at the Review thread of the relevant property (listing in the Property Index & Review sticky at the top of the forum).
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by infinityplusone
Just posting my experience here... I am HHonors Gold, and have an upcoming week long stay at Hyatt. I have a few more reservations at Hilton after that. I sent an email request similar to the one posted here. I did not attach any documentation though, I just asked them if they needed any additional information and I would provide it. I'll post the response when I receive it.

A question for those that did receive the Diamond Trial and received the suite upgrades. How quickly can you use your suite upgrades? Can you use them for a reservation that is already made? If I was to start my stay and then receive my suite upgrade(s) could I use them for that stay? And lastly, is one suite upgrade good only for one night or for a whole stay?

Just found this in response to my own question:
Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on paid room nights4
4Suite upgrade is valid on paid nights, for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights

I received the Diamond Trial after I provided the required information from HHonors for my current status (screenshot of my tier level, my name and my previous year stays). If I meet the requirements it will be good until 2014 Feb. So far I do not see any Suite Upgrades in my account, but am not sure how long those take to show up.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by infinityplusone
I received the Diamond Trial after I provided the required information from HHonors for my current status (screenshot of my tier level, my name and my previous year stays). If I meet the requirements it will be good until 2014 Feb. So far I do not see any Suite Upgrades in my account, but am not sure how long those take to show up.
Should show up within a few days.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:24 am

I'm looking to do a few nights at the GH Beijing and the GH Tokyo next April (all on points) and was wondering when would be best to do a status match from Hilton Diamond. Should I do it in the next month or two before I book the hotels or should I book now and status match closer to the trip so I have Hyatt status during my stays?

The problem is my travel has been cut significantly so there's no way I'll actually be able to maintain the Hyatt status after the status match challenge.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hensleyrob
I'm looking to do a few nights at the GH Beijing and the GH Tokyo next April (all on points) and was wondering when would be best to do a status match from Hilton Diamond. Should I do it in the next month or two before I book the hotels or should I book now and status match closer to the trip so I have Hyatt status during my stays?

The problem is my travel has been cut significantly so there's no way I'll actually be able to maintain the Hyatt status after the status match challenge.
If you are certain of your dates , get your status and book while Diamond . Print out confirms , contact hotel get confirmation of free breakfast Diamond Amenity and if you fail trial , original reservation will be honored as Diamond.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
If you are certain of your dates , get your status and book while Diamond . Print out confirms , contact hotel get confirmation of free breakfast Diamond Amenity and if you fail trial , original reservation will be honored as Diamond.
Silly me, when I last dropped to platinum status, all I had to do was get that GH to send me an email at confirmation telling me I would get diamond ammenities (regardless of my status at checkin). Yes, my one week in advance reminder still said "Diamond member", and the host at checkin warmly welcomed me as a Paltinum member (my true status at that time). Silly me, no diamond ammenities, if only I had asked for that email....
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:37 am

How long after getting an email confirmed a challenge did people see their status change online?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:18 pm

Can a challenge be completed on stays? Or is it nights only?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo
Can a challenge be completed on stays? Or is it nights only?
Nights only I believe.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:00 am

Some details

Some additional details and confirmations as I just signed up for the challenge (should have done so before I spent 9 nights in HAwaii last month) --

- Diamond status will last until feb 2014 upon successful completion
- 4 suite awards showed up within 48 hours for me and expire on 23-Feb
- Status match was to Hilton Gold but it showed >10 stays and >30 nights (some other comments on other boards indicated this might be an unpublished threshold for Hyatt)
- standard 60 days to complete 12 nights term

I think I'll complete this trial in 3 weeks!

Hope this helps anyone else considering the trial!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by AUSMatt
Some additional details and confirmations as I just signed up for the challenge - Hope this helps anyone else considering the trial!
Did you do a challenge already beeing a Diamond member to re-gain status or are you a new member?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Did you do a challenge already beeing a Diamond member to re-gain status or are you a new member?
Never a diamond. Currently Platinum (2nd year of being plat). Did challenge to get status as I'm staying at Hyatts extensively going forward.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ioki
reporting back, the 4 x certs did appear in my account within 24hrs of my previous post, and just in time to redeem one for our present stay.
My account was changed to Diamond status earlier this week (email receievd on Thursday), but I cannot see the four suite upgrade certificates.

I would like to use in a week's time, so hopefully they should appear by then?

Also, where will I find them?

Thanks.

Edited to add: just seen AUSMatt's post. If I do not see the suite certificates early next week, I will write.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jul 14, 2012 at 3:00 am
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP - CK, DL PM, *Wood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz President's Circle
I enrolled in the Challenge back in April. I completed the 12 night requirement, and thus am Diamond thru Feb 13. However, I have also completed 25 stays (normally Diamond requirement). I was informed by Hyatt that regardless, I will be Diamond through Feb 13. I find this incorrect.

Did I miss something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.