Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
If one was to apply and complete the diamond challenge early 2015, but continues to stay at Hyatt and actually meets the standard qualification of 25 stays or 50 nights, I assume the status would be good until Feb 2017?

Just to confirm, the nights from completing the challenge should also count towards the regular qualification nights?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes... the challenge would "only" get you Diamond status that much sooner.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:35 pm

IHG Platinum

Hello.

I am in the process of doing a long trip next month wherein i will be staying in enough Hyatt property to complete the Diamond challenge

I got the IHG Chase card to match the platinum status for the Hyatt Diamond challenge. Now i have not stayed at any IHG property or have no plans.

My question is: when i ask Hyatt to match for the Diamond challenge i am suppose to send them the recent stay details with their competitor.
What options do i have? Will i have to reserve a room nearby and say goodbye to $90 or is there any workaround for this?

Appreciate all your help..!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by poisonsag
Hello.

I am in the process of doing a long trip next month wherein i will be staying in enough Hyatt property to complete the Diamond challenge

I got the IHG Chase card to match the platinum status for the Hyatt Diamond challenge. Now i have not stayed at any IHG property or have no plans.

My question is: when i ask Hyatt to match for the Diamond challenge i am suppose to send them the recent stay details with their competitor.
What options do i have? Will i have to reserve a room nearby and say goodbye to $90 or is there any workaround for this?

Appreciate all your help..!
They pretty consistently ask for proof of a stay, although I suppose you could get lucky and have them ignore the requirement.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
Can you be Platinum with Hyatt and be eligible for a diamond challenge?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
Originally Posted by teese35
yes
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by md25
They pretty consistently ask for proof of a stay, although I suppose you could get lucky and have them ignore the requirement.
Thanks...anyone else have any input on this?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by poisonsag
Thanks...anyone else have any input on this?
Yes Hyatt specifically requests proof of stay. It's in the terms and conditions and it is enforced.

You can keep asking, the answer will be the same.

It is an extremely generous program as is, why must some people always be pushing the "I deserve something for nothing" boundaries?
Old Oct 25, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
I'm looking to start a diamond challenge in November but read that the current version of the challenge expires 10/31.

Does Hyatt typically "renew" the challenge on 11/1 or could it potentially be later? My first stay will be 11/14 and was just curious if there's a potential for a time gap for when the challenge is offered. If anyone has any information on this I'd appreciate it!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Just as a word of warning to others (may have been mentioned before) but it really is 60 exact days and not two months. I started my challenge on July 10th and thought I had until September 10th to complete. Turns out 60 days actually was September 8th and I was 2 nights short on my challenge even though I was in a hotel 8-14th.

Disappointing

I hadn't intended to wait until the last second but I had two business trips cancelled that threw a wrench in my plans.

Drek
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Drek82
Disappointing
What's disappointing about an offer where you actually have to meet the requirements?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
What's disappointing about an offer where you actually have to meet the requirements?
Exactly...

The challenge has always been 60 days, not 2 months or 62 days

It is your responsibility to determine when that 60 days is up
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by teese35
What do you mean by this? Are you asking if Platinum status disqualifies you for the challenge, or whether Hyatt Platinum status (as opposed to Hilton Gold Status, Marriott Platinum status, etc.) qualifies you for the challenge?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Contacted Hyatt today and got the "Register by 10/31" deadline for the trial. I'm going to reach back out to them later this week to see if it has been extended but if not I'll likely sign up on 10/31.

I only had one stay in January that would be missed in the 60 day window but should be able to find another stay to make the 12 nights.

If anyone gets any information this week on an extension of the trial please share!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
Poor choice of words on my part, more of a dissapointed that I made the mistake, not in the offer or Hyatt's response at all. Hyatt did exactly what they said they would do and it was my mistake entirely.

Just wish I hadn't messed up (especially since I did a mattress run due to aforementioned cancelled business trips).

It would be nice if they included when the offer has to be completed by (datewise) in the response email though just to make sure people catch it, but certainly not required as they do state the 60 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.