Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by keepssmile
Requested on Thursday, still no response. The customer service representative told me there are too many request these days and normally it takes 5 days to respond. Too bad I have to cancel today's reservation.
Sent in request Friday, nothing heard as well.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:43 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Good Afternoon FT!

It's disappointing to hear about people not getting their trials not processed in time for stays.

Those of you who are reading this that have stays starting within the next week and haven't heard back: could you please PM me the email address you sent from as well as the email address you sent it to ([email protected] is the most common one). I'd be happy to pull these from the queue.

Safe travels,

Evan V
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT; QFF SG
Quick question - what happens on completion of the trial?

Have just had my 12th night credited, but my expiration remains at 28 February 2014 rather than 2015 - should I follow this up, or does it take a few days / until the reassessment date for it to be adjusted to go through for the extra year?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by djfuzz

Have just had my 12th night credited, but my expiration remains at 28 February 2014 rather than 2015 - should I follow this up, or does it take a few days / until the reassessment date for it to be adjusted to go through for the extra year?
It sounds like they're running a bit behind and will usually update it within a few days. For the sake of good order, I suggest simply responding to your original acceptance email to confirm that you have satisfied all requirements.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

I received a confirmation email upon my successful completion of the Diamond Challenge. This email was sent about a week after completion. If concerned, I would phone HGP and confirm that you have in fact completed the Diamond Challenge successfully. Its good to review that all bonus points have been posted correctly, having an agent answer all questions. Congratulations!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I received a confirmation email upon my successful completion of the Diamond Challenge. This email was sent about a week after completion. If concerned, I would phone HGP and confirm that you have in fact completed the Diamond Challenge successfully. Its good to review that all bonus points have been posted correctly, having an agent answer all questions. Congratulations!
Just to clarify this: should I expect to see my "Tier Expiration" date updated shortly after reaching 12 nights? Or shortly after the end date of the challenge (assuming I reach 12 nights)?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by milemonkey
Is Hilton Gold VIP the same as Hilton Gold?

Do I have to show past stays or can I just show my card to get the GP Platinum?
Hilton gold is the same as gold vip.

just send them a screen shot of your current account profile online.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold

mine posted 3 days after i completed my 12th night stay reservation.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
On the note of delayed responses to diamond challenge requests - I just called the gold passport line and the phone rep was able to process it right away for me. She was even able to look up the email I had already sent with screenshots of competing status.

Completed the challenge a five days ago and my status expiration has been adjusted appropriately at some point in the interim.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:41 pm

Don't know why some of you guys are getting delay in responses. I emailed them a couple nights ago and got a reply and Diamond status within 24 hours.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Don't know why some of you guys are getting delay in responses. I emailed them a couple nights ago and got a reply and Diamond status within 24 hours.
A note.. HGP office handling the Challenge requests is not open during the weekend. When I sent in my Diamond Challenge request on a Friday night, HGP did not open until Monday, and I didn't get my Challenge authorized until the Tuesday after.

the Challenge office can't process the requests without first receiving documents evidencing acceptable competitor elite loyalty program and proof of a one night stay. When I called in on the Tuesday, once HGP pulled up the fax which I sent 4 days prior, they were able to process and authorize the Diamond Challenge on the spot.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
A note.. HGP office handling the Challenge requests is not open during the weekend. When I sent in my Diamond Challenge request on a Friday night, HGP did not open until Monday, and I didn't get my Challenge authorized until the Tuesday after.

the Challenge office can't process the requests without first receiving documents evidencing acceptable competitor elite loyalty program and proof of a one night stay. When I called in on the Tuesday, once HGP pulled up the fax which I sent 4 days prior, they were able to process and authorize the Diamond Challenge on the spot.
I emailed on a Saturday evening and they got back to me Sunday afternoon and started my trial.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I emailed on a Saturday evening and they got back to me Sunday afternoon and started my trial.
I stand corrected as the hours to process the Diamond Challenge must have changed.

Was a regular HGP rep able to handle processing your Diamond Challenge? Or was it the department who handles Diamond Challenges that got back to you?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I stand corrected as the hours to process the Diamond Challenge must have changed.

Was a regular HGP rep able to handle processing your Diamond Challenge? Or was it the department who handles Diamond Challenges that got back to you?

I was replied to by a "Hyatt Gold Passport Representative". I emailed [email protected] to enroll.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
So if I understand correctly, at this time there is no limitation to how many diamond trials one can do over the course of a lifetime? Doing one now would not stop me from doing one two years from now if the same program was offered? I'm likely going to hit diamond status anyway in a few months, but it would be nice to have the status for my upcoming stays.

Also I would just need to show proof of one stay in my Elite program? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.