Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
You receive DSUs when your Challenge is enacted. You can use the DSUs on reservations during your Diamond Challenge.
Thanks - I was just confused since some people report only receiving DSUs after completion of a Diamond Challenge.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
12th night

I'm a couple weeks into the Challenge. Had some trips planned including PHV, thought it was a propitious time (some good bonus point stuff going on) and so on. Going in, I was a bit ambivalent about whether I would/could be able to do it.

Flash forward: Found enough things I had to do / wanted to do during the period that I have been in -- or am booked in -- 11 nights. Can't figure out where the 12th will come from "naturally." I have a 2-night Hyatt House stay in the mix at $89/night all in (real trip). Can I / should I just add a third night and just leave the morning of that 3rd night? You can probably tell I have never done an MR before.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:36 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I'm a couple weeks into the Challenge. Had some trips planned including PHV, thought it was a propitious time (some good bonus point stuff going on) and so on. Going in, I was a bit ambivalent about whether I would/could be able to do it.

Flash forward: Found enough things I had to do / wanted to do during the period that I have been in -- or am booked in -- 11 nights. Can't figure out where the 12th will come from "naturally." I have a 2-night Hyatt House stay in the mix at $89/night all in (real trip). Can I / should I just add a third night and just leave the morning of that 3rd night? You can probably tell I have never done an MR before.
Sounds like a plan!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I just wanted to share my experience. I have several stays coming up due to a new job and was really debating between Marriott or Hyatt. I emailed the Gold Passport address on Monday and did not receive a response by Tuesday night and had to decide by today which chain to go with due to the cancellation policies at the hotels. Called them yesterday and spoke with a very helpful representative who expedited my request, it was approved within 2 hours and had my suite upgrades post to my account today. Needless to say I am very impressed so far with the level of service provided and I am looking forward to the next year with Hyatt. I also noticed that their earn a free hotel after 5 nights promotion offers a much nicer selection of hotels to choose from than Marriott where I struggled to find a category 4 or 5 hotel to stay in unless it was a JW internationally.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
No, those 12 nights need to be accomplished by actually staying.
Are we sure about that? I was under the impression (I dont remember from where) that they counted only because their systems could not differentiate between nights from the card and nights from actually staying.

Is there anybody here with actual experience on this? (you can PM me if you dont want to state it publicly.)
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Quick question...

When doing a Diamond Challenge, are you also supposed to receive the "Diamond Amenity"? i.e. the 1000/500 bonus points or the drink/snack.

I assume so, but since I didn't receive the points with my first stay (or any mention of my status whilst at the hotel) I am wondering whether it is superceded by the 1000 points a night for the first 6 nights of the challenge...
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Quick question...

When doing a Diamond Challenge, are you also supposed to receive the "Diamond Amenity"? i.e. the 1000/500 bonus points or the drink/snack.

I assume so, but since I didn't receive the points with my first stay (or any mention of my status whilst at the hotel) I am wondering whether it is superceded by the 1000 points a night for the first 6 nights of the challenge...
Yes, you're supposed to get it on all stays. Paid, P&C or award nights.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:16 am

hi all sorry if this has been answered. To accomplish my 12 nights, can i book two rooms for six nights rather than one room for 12?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
hi all sorry if this has been answered. To accomplish my 12 nights, can i book two rooms for six nights rather than one room for 12?
It's been answered a number of times.

1 room credit per night.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
You can book 12 rooms or 120 rooms on 1 night. You'll only receive stay credit for 1 night.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
However, you can book 12 rooms in one night and get 12 night credits if all of the rooms are in a different Hyatt hotel

Get your friends to stay in those extra rooms and have them pay you back (you would just go check in for each room--you don't have to stay there).
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by doss1
However, you can book 12 rooms in one night and get 12 night credits if all of the rooms are in a different Hyatt hotel
No, you can't. Read the T&C again.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
No, you can't. Read the T&C again.
Thanks for the clarification. I have never tried it but speculated that it would work. I can't see why Hyatt would care because at the end of the day they get money.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

Get your friends to stay in those extra rooms and have them pay you back (you would just go check in for each room--you don't have to stay there).
Staying at all different Hyatts won't matter. Although there has been some reports of varying credits for stay. More exception than the rule. Ultimately YMMV, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the clarification. I have never tried it but speculated that it would work. I can't see why Hyatt would care because at the end of the day they get money.
Because they want to focus on giving status to those that actually stay at their hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.