Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by doss1
Based on the official post above (sticky), I see that the current Diamond Trial promotion ends April 30, 2014. I was actually planning to start the trial on April 19, 2014 and try to do the 60 days challenge, but it looks like I will only be able to do this for about 10 days since the trial promo ends on April 30?!
Also, when the promotion rolls over, it means a new promotion rolls in traditionally.. extending the Diamond Status to February 28, 2016 (or February 29, 2016 being leap year) from February 28, 2015. If I was you, I would want the current promotion to end, so I can become Diamond for an additional year.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thanks guys, last question!

I"m a US GOV employee and can use a GOV rate when booking Hyatts. If I joined the trial, would my stays count for the challenge if I book under a GOV rate?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks guys, last question!

I"m a US GOV employee and can use a GOV rate when booking Hyatts. If I joined the trial, would my stays count for the challenge if I book under a GOV rate?
If it's a paid stay that you're eligible for, then it counts.

But the My Elite Rate would probably be better anyway...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
If it's a paid stay that you're eligible for, then it counts.

But the My Elite Rate would probably be better anyway...
It's good, but GOV about $20-30 less from what I'm seeing. Im going to try to beat the challenge.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:52 pm

So, 12 nights in 60 days. That is NIGHTS, not stays, right? No reading between the lines here. I arrive on a Friday evening/night, sleep, and then depart on a Saturday morning..that counts as ONE night...correct? Double checking before I embark on this journey!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yep... Not much flexibility in the night definition . 12 nights is what it takes to complete the challenge succesfully, doesn't matter how many stays you need.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, 12 nights in 60 days. That is NIGHTS, not stays, right? No reading between the lines here. I arrive on a Friday evening/night, sleep, and then depart on a Saturday morning..that counts as ONE night...correct? Double checking before I embark on this journey!
12 nights, in however many stays that it takes.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:44 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Has anyone requested the Diamond challenge this week? I emailed my request Monday morning with screenshots of my Hilton and SPG Gold, but no response yet. I called GP and they said they were very busy at the moment, which may slow down responses.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by zh
Has anyone requested the Diamond challenge this week? I emailed my request Monday morning with screenshots of my Hilton and SPG Gold, but no response yet. I called GP and they said they were very busy at the moment, which may slow down responses.
That long? Wow, good to know. I was planning to email them the day before my first hotel night and request it be started the next day. Guess I should jump on this way before my departure date.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:37 pm

Guys, I can't get myself to try to do the challenge the more I think about it. I do have to legitimately stay at a Hyatt (personal, not business) for 7 days within the 60 day window, but I don't know how I'll do the 5 additional days without throwing money away. It SEEMS the only real reason why I want Diamond is for the breakfasts, lol. If that's the case, perhaps I should just stick with my Hilton Gold membership.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guys, I can't get myself to try to do the challenge the more I think about it. I do have to legitimately stay at a Hyatt (personal, not business) for 7 days within the 60 day window, but I don't know how I'll do the 5 additional days without throwing money away. It SEEMS the only real reason why I want Diamond is for the breakfasts, lol. If that's the case, perhaps I should just stick with my Hilton Gold membership.

Thoughts?
I threw away well over a thousand dollars to get Diamond status. Between the breakfasts, club access, suite upgrades, 4pm checkouts, and feeling like being a bigshot, I have never regretted it. Money well spent IMHO.

But, everyone has to make that decision for themselves. Or, you could just enjoy Diamond status for the two months of the trial and then be done with it. Your call.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

Thoughts?
Unparallel service, best room available at check-in, DSUs, MyElite Rate, lounge, Cash and Points.

I've been looking into Hilton, and not sure how it could even come close to Hyatt, except perhaps for the sheer coverage hotels throughout regions. Yes, you get breakfast with the Gold, but if that's all you want, you are indeed missing out.

I suggest trying out your 7 nights at the front end of your Challenge, leaving enough flexibility for another 5 nights in case you want to complete the Challenge. The point is to try and taste to see if its good.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Unparallel service, best room available at check-in, DSUs, MyElite Rate, lounge, Cash and Points.
My Elite Rate and Points + Cash are not exclusive to diamonds. The former is also available to platinums (which you can get with just the Hyatt CC) and the latter is available to all GP members.

But I do think Diamond status is roughly worth at least $1250 (minimum of $250 for the free breakfasts, $750 for confirmed suite upgrades, and $250 for standard room upgrades).
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lawyertalk
My Elite Rate and Points + Cash are not exclusive to diamonds. The former is also available to platinums (which you can get with just the Hyatt CC) and the latter is available to all GP members.
Though P&C is enhanced by the points multiplier for being a Diamond.

Also keep in mind the 1000 points per stay amenity available to Diamonds, and the extra 1000 points per night bonus for the first six nights of the challenge.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by zh
I emailed them Wednesday night with my marriott info attached as a PDF and heard back Wednesday around noon advising me to email them when I want to start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.