Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
I am looking to take up the Hyatt Diamond status match challenge (aka Diamond Trial), but I have a question on processing time needed.

Typically how many days are expected before the Hyatt Gold Passport team approves my status match challenge application? Or can I request for it to start on a particular date?

I have short trips coming up, and will probably need to complete the challenge in 3 short trips of 4 nights each. And 60 days window needs to maximized carefully, and I need to time the challenge (hence need to know processing time needed for approval) to start just before my 1st short trip.
But if I can specify the start date, it would be ideal.

Can anyone advise?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
You cannot set a date for the challenge. Typically you will see a quick response time. One to two business days. There are plenty of data points in this thread. Good luck.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I am looking to take up the Hyatt Diamond status match challenge (aka Diamond Trial), but I have a question on processing time needed.

Typically how many days are expected before the Hyatt Gold Passport team approves my status match challenge application? Or can I request for it to start on a particular date?

I have short trips coming up, and will probably need to complete the challenge in 3 short trips of 4 nights each. And 60 days window needs to maximized carefully, and I need to time the challenge (hence need to know processing time needed for approval) to start just before my 1st short trip.
But if I can specify the start date, it would be ideal.

Can anyone advise?
You should count on the status challenge being processed and starting anytime from the day you submit your docs/request up to three or four days later -- even as it is more usually 1-2 business days. Keep this in mind, since there is no way to get the promo registered for the challenge date to start on a different date than the one on which a Hyatt employee enters the challenge promo code for your profile.
Originally Posted by CanRulez

1) I am currently an SPG platinum. If I complete the regular requirements for Hyatt Diamond (without Status Challenge), do I forgo the opportunity for a status challenge in the future? If I do, then taking advantage of the status challenge to get the benefits immediately would be the right thing to do in my situation.

2) Can you stack the bonuses associated with the status challenge with any promotions occurring at that time? (e.g. 1,000 bonus for the first 6 nights together with the great promotions that Hyatt typically has 2x per year -> 50,000 bonus points for 20 nights?)

Thanks!

1) Currently there is no bar on repeating challenges merely because you did that or a status match in a prior year.

2) Yes.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by GUWonder
You should count on the status challenge being processed and starting anytime from the day you submit your docs/request up to three or four days later -- even as it is more usually 1-2 business days. Keep this in mind, since there is no way to get the promo registered for the challenge date to start on a different date than the one on which a Hyatt employee enters the challenge promo code for your profile.

1) Currently there is no bar on repeating challenges merely because you did that or a status match in a prior year.

2) Yes.
Originally Posted by rookie10
You cannot set a date for the challenge. Typically you will see a quick response time. One to two business days. There are plenty of data points in this thread. Good luck.
Thanks for the input!

Btw, on the repeating challenges, how does the clock reset? Based on calendar year? If i apply in Aug 2014, does it mean if I din manage to complete it, I can try again in Jan 2015, assuming current rules?

Or 12 months after my initial challenge?

I would like to complete my challenge, but I am afraid I will fall short, if the start date gets delayed, or if I gave too much buffer for the processing time.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Does Hyatt do a direct match to Hilton Diamond without a challenge??

Can this challenge be attempted again or is it limited to one per member??
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:48 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Thanks everyone for all their time answering questions. I've read through many pages and was wondering if it's the check in or check out date that matters for the stay credit. Ie I play on staying somewhere on October 28th, checking out the 29th. DO I need to plan the Diamond challenge to end the 29th? That's what I figure, but wanted to check with you guys... IF that's the case then would the latest start date I could have is August 31th?

Thanks.. I have 12 nights planned from August 29th to October 29th. But I guess I might have to squeeze in another 1 night probably...

FDW
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:30 am
ym1

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Thanks everyone for all their time answering questions. I've read through many pages and was wondering if it's the check in or check out date that matters for the stay credit. Ie I play on staying somewhere on October 28th, checking out the 29th. DO I need to plan the Diamond challenge to end the 29th? That's what I figure, but wanted to check with you guys... IF that's the case then would the latest start date I could have is August 31th?

Thanks.. I have 12 nights planned from August 29th to October 29th. But I guess I might have to squeeze in another 1 night probably...

FDW
be aware that you have 61 days (Aug has 31 days) or 62 if you take the 29 Oct (check out on the 30 Oct) so you will need extra one day at least if not 2, as from my experience the checkout date matter.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
Does Hyatt do a direct match to Hilton Diamond without a challenge
In general there are no matches, that's what the challenge is for.....
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
With the Chase Hyatt credit card, one gets 10 night credits after spending $40k on the card.

Do the 10 night credits from the credit card count toward the 12 nights of the Diamond challenge?
Originally Posted by RTW1
No, those 12 nights need to be accomplished by actually staying.
FWIW, I just received information from the Diamond 800 line that contradicted this statement. They stated that card qualifying nights do count for a challenge if they post within the 60-day window.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MattPol
FWIW, I just received information from the Diamond 800 line that contradicted this statement. They stated that card qualifying nights do count for a challenge if they post within the 60-day window.
I would not count on that. The terms and conditions of the diamond challenge are clear with respect to what constitutes qualifying nights during the challenge period.

You likely encountered one of the many misinformed Diamond line reps...
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by laxsnaogg
I would not count on that. The terms and conditions of the diamond challenge are clear with respect to what constitutes qualifying nights during the challenge period.

You likely encountered one of the many misinformed Diamond line reps...
I'll be getting some first-hand experience with this scenario, so I will report back in a month.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA global, VS Gld , SPG plat
I am on the challenge now (I am SPG Plat) and I expected it within 60 days but in fact it seems to be 60 days plus to end of the month. I started the challenge Mid June and my status is valid until end August giving me 70+ days to qualify.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by JCBR
I am on the challenge now (I am SPG Plat) and I expected it within 60 days but in fact it seems to be 60 days plus to end of the month. I started the challenge Mid June and my status is valid until end August giving me 70+ days to qualify.
I would not take the additional days, the terms and conditions state 60 days and it's been discussed above that you will still have diamond status even after your trial period ends until the end of the month.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by JCBR
I cannot believe the number of people WHO DO NOT READ THIS THREAD!

The Diamond Challenge is so simple and the kind folks at FlyerTalk have put together a very information and up to date Wiki about the subject. Why don't people read it?

It has been said many times, probably at least a dozen, that Diamond status is applicable until the next of the month in which the sixty days falls. You do not have longer than sixty days to complete the challenge. It's sixty days. No more. No less. This is not very complicated.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ym1
be aware that you have 61 days (Aug has 31 days) or 62 if you take the 29 Oct (check out on the 30 Oct) so you will need extra one day at least if not 2, as from my experience the checkout date matter.
Arg, I am clearly an idiot because I forgot about the fact that some months have more days than others! I started the challenge on July 22 and was planning on checking out of my last stay on September 22. Guess I have to go back and replan that. Thankfully I am still reading this thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.