Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
I´ve completed the challenge, stayed 18 nights at various Hyatt properties around Asia, a highlight would be the suite in PH Tokyo. Overall, I´m very impressed with the product, and this will be my preferred chain.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
I´ve completed the challenge, stayed 18 nights at various Hyatt properties around Asia, a highlight would be the suite in PH Tokyo. Overall, I´m very impressed with the product, and this will be my preferred chain.
In general, I've been very happy with the Hyatt properties that I will be staying in for work (mainly in the East Bay Area). They are extended stay properties for the most part, but are much nicer than the other chain properties in the area.

And I am very much looking forward to using a suite upgrade when I stay at the Churchill in London with my wife!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:33 pm

Hi,
I just received a credit card to get Hilton gold status. Was wondering if it really is necessary to have at least 1 stay at a hilton hotel in addition to the status in order to initiate a Hyatt Diamond challenge. Reason being I was considering booking a Hyatt for tonight itself.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by njdealguy
Hi,
I just received a credit card to get Hilton gold status. Was wondering if it really is necessary to have at least 1 stay at a hilton hotel in addition to the status in order to initiate a Hyatt Diamond challenge. Reason being I was considering booking a Hyatt for tonight itself.
As far as I know, you do need to have at least 1 stay to qualify for the diamond trial.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:35 pm

Hi,
It would greatly benefit you and the long time posters on Flyertalk if you'd take the time to read the Wiki. Another option is read the last ten or so pages of this thread. Your question has been asked and answered at least a dozen times, both in the Wiki and within the actual thread.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Hi,
I don't think you can register for the status and have it show up for a reservation on the same day.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:02 pm

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10

my wife applied for the challenge on 7/30 and was approved 8/1. she had A stay checking in 7/30 and checking out 8/1. (we were hoping the trial would get approved on the 30 but didn't realize sending a pic of status card was insufficient and had to send screenshots of a stay -- which I realize is our fault).

any chance Hyatt will take pity and give credit for the two nights? we will cut it close on the 12 nights so it would be helpful....
Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
It would greatly benefit you and the long time posters on Flyertalk if you'd take the time to read the Wiki. Another option is read the last ten or so pages of this thread. Your question has been asked and answered at least a dozen times, both in the Wiki and within the actual thread.
+1,000^
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Diamond Challenge Fail - Ambiguous Terms

Relying on the Diamond expiration date showing online, July 31, and on discussion in this thread, I scheduled my 12 required Diamond Challenge stays to end before July 31, but around 62 days after signing up for the trial. Hyatt is now telling me I'll be downgraded to Platinum.

That's incredibly disappointing to say the least. Is there any recourse? It seems to me that the Diamond expiration date showing online should correspond the the end date of the trial, if Hyatt is to hold you to that.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I think it has been commented on many times that the Diamond status during the challenge extends past the end of the challenge (typically end of month).
Doesn't change the 60 days for the challenge.
You might be able to get an exception but I doubt it.

Originally Posted by Explore
Relying on the Diamond expiration date showing online, July 31, and on discussion in this thread, I scheduled my 12 required Diamond Challenge stays to end before July 31, but around 62 days after signing up for the trial. Hyatt is now telling me I'll be downgraded to Platinum.

That's incredibly disappointing to say the least. Is there any recourse? It seems to me that the Diamond expiration date showing online should correspond the the end date of the trial, if Hyatt is to hold you to that.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Everybody could and should know that the terms are that the 12 nights have to be within 60 days. The e-mails you get leave no doubt about that. Your disappointment should be aimed at yourself for not taking the time to read what's actually offered.... and this thread leaves no doubt as well that it's 60 days. Nothing to do with the expiration date for your Diamond status (not challenge status) online since that's always end of the month (rather generous that is).

So if you have gotten e-mail confirmation that stated your CHALLENGE needed to be completed by the end of July you have a case, otherwise not so much. You could always try contacting Hyatt GP here, they might be willing to make an exception although you clearly failed to meet the terms.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Everybody could and should know that the terms are that the 12 nights have to be within 60 days. The e-mails you get leave no doubt about that. Your disappointment should be aimed at yourself for not taking the time to read what's actually offered.... and this thread leaves no doubt as well that it's 60 days. Nothing to do with the expiration date for your Diamond status (not challenge status) online since that's always end of the month (rather generous that is).

So if you have gotten e-mail confirmation that stated your CHALLENGE needed to be completed by the end of July you have a case, otherwise not so much. You could always try contacting Hyatt GP here, they might be willing to make an exception although you clearly failed to meet the terms.
^ this. +10,000.

This same question/problem has been raised many times throughout the thread and other threads here. I think Hyatt is fantastically generously providing the challenge at all AND sixty days is a great length of time to stay 12 nights.

I really wish posters who complain about the challenge would take the time to read the terms of the challenge about which they are complaining. Those terms are very clearly spelled out here and on the Hyatt website.

A girl can dream, right?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Status challenge on top of existing promotion?

Hi,

Hoping someone who has experienced this situation can comment...

I have a significant # of nights scheduled for this year and next...over 200 + nights so I am not worried about not completing Hyatt Diamond.

However, my question relates to the following:

1) I am currently an SPG platinum. If I complete the regular requirements for Hyatt Diamond (without Status Challenge), do I forgo the opportunity for a status challenge in the future? If I do, then taking advantage of the status challenge to get the benefits immediately would be the right thing to do in my situation.

2) Can you stack the bonuses associated with the status challenge with any promotions occurring at that time? (e.g. 1,000 bonus for the first 6 nights together with the great promotions that Hyatt typically has 2x per year -> 50,000 bonus points for 20 nights?)

Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The last years the challenge seems to be offered each year, and you can participate every time. The once in a lifetime for an account seems to have gone....

So go for the challenge to get your benefits right away.
And yes, the challenge stacks with any other of the GP promo's that might be available.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by RTW1
The last years the challenge seems to be offered each year, and you can participate every time. The once in a lifetime for an account seems to have gone....

So go for the challenge to get your benefits right away.
And yes, the challenge stacks with any other of the GP promo's that might be available.

Great, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.