Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
Thanks. Thats good news and will definitely make my challenge more pleasurable!

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
You will get 4 new certs expiring Feb, 2013 if you satisfy the challenge. Your existing certs can be used for any future reservation including those after Feb 29, 2012
Old Jan 9, 2012, 6:24 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I will be losing Dia this Feb but I will have 12 stays before 10th April. Is there any chance that this promo will be going on for another month (need to get it on 10FEB at latest) and therefore allow me to fast track it to diamond again?

Last edited by pogonation; Jan 9, 2012 at 10:11 am
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ontheroadagainwithpoints
I called GP today to ask about a Diamond fast track. I'm changing jobs and won't be traveling as much. She said there was nothing available yet for 2012 but to call back later. I hope something does come up, I don't want to lose Diamond!
Someone was able to get a challenge after 1//1/12

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...1-10-a-18.html
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ontheroadagainwithpoints
I called GP today to ask about a Diamond fast track. I'm changing jobs and won't be traveling as much. She said there was nothing available yet for 2012 but to call back later. I hope something does come up, I don't want to lose Diamond!
Send them an email with your proof of status with another hotel. They are still allowing Diamond trial offers
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, SPG, National
Clarifying 12 Nights in 60 Days Requirement

Apologies in advance if this has been asked elsewhere and I missed it.

I have a hypothetical question about the Diamond Challenge. Considering that Hyatt now counts award stays toward elite status, would it be possible to achieve the 12 night stays in 60 days entirely as award stays (e.g., transferring Ultimate Rewards points to HGP and then redeeming the HGP for 12 nights at a Hyatt Place)?

Or do the 12 night stays have to all be paid stays?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Unless I've missed some major announcement, it's paid stays only.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Unless I've missed some major announcement, it's paid stays only.
+1 -- a hotel may goof up once in awhile and count an award as a stay but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:09 pm

is it established that there will be a cut-off time in 2012 when the 2012 challenge will extend status through 2014 instead of 2013? wondering how many ppl have done the challenge after 1/1/12.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I've got a family member that is interested in doing the Diamond Challenge. During my last chat with my PL agent, they mentioned that there had been no news about a new challenge program. Do we have a time-frame on when to expect a challenge for 2012?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I've got a family member that is interested in doing the Diamond Challenge. During my last chat with my PL agent, they mentioned that there had been no news about a new challenge program. Do we have a time-frame on when to expect a challenge for 2012?
They are offering a challenge now - good through Feb, 2013 if you complete the challenge
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt, Silver MR and HH, SW A List
Originally Posted by martyYYZ
They are offering a challenge now - good through Feb, 2013 if you complete the challenge
Just enrolled in the challenge, using my Hilton Diamond status as a beginning match. Now on to the stays...4 upgrade certs are in my award profile right now too...
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:53 pm

Smile

Wow...
I enrolled in the Diamond Trial, and I didn't even complete one stay
I just got a letter saying that even though I didn't meet the criteria, they will be giving me platinum status through 2013!
Is this usually what they do?!

So excited.....!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 9:04 pm

I have an idea, wanted to see if anyone has tried this or if it would work or not:

If I apply for the diamond challenge now, that makes me a diamond for 60 days, right?

If so, can I apply for the Chase Hyatt card during that time and get the 2 Free suite nights even if I never complete the diamond challenge?

I hope I will be able to complete the challenge, but I am just trying to understand what the worst case scenario is.

Thanks,
Dave
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
I'm losing my Diamond status next month. My wife is Platinum thanks to the credit card. Is there any way that she can take a Diamond Challenge? If so, can someone lead me to a link to apply for this?

Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:52 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by stevens397
I'm losing my Diamond status next month. My wife is Platinum thanks to the credit card. Is there any way that she can take a Diamond Challenge? If so, can someone lead me to a link to apply for this?

Thanks.
Challenge are only granted to those with "comparable" status with a competitor. No link - you need to call to set it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.