Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

baliktad is correct - also, the PH SYD is one of the properties where the Confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade is not accepted anyways.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by baliktad
Diamond Suite Upgrades are only valid on paid room rates. As Hyatt Stay Certificates do not fluctuate in price with room rates, they are considered vouchers that are redeemed for a room (similar to an award reservation). As such, room nights reserved with Hyatt Stay Certificates are not eligible for Diamond Suite Upgrades.

To qualify for credit, the rooms must be booked as an eligible rate, as defined in the Hyatt GP T&C's. Expedia and other third party rates are not eligible rates for stay/night credit, GP points, and Diamond Trial qualification.
Thanks for the reply! Would Diamond status benefits and upgrades still apply still? Or is that not permitted either...?

In terms of eligible rates, I would imagine that corporate rates with Hyatt do qualify?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Thanks for the reply! Would Diamond status benefits and upgrades still apply still? Or is that not permitted either...?

In terms of eligible rates, I would imagine that corporate rates with Hyatt do qualify?
Diamond status and benefits would apply (upgrades is possible). Corp rates with Hyatt qualify as eligible rates.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:59 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by peteropny
baliktad is correct - also, the PH SYD is one of the properties where the Confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade is not accepted anyways.
Yes, but this is one property where fighting for the 'best available room' benefit is worth it. On my last stay I called the US Diamond Line who on the day of arrival to force this benefit, when their reservations department tried to tell me I was only entitled to a lower category room than the best available room.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Yes, but this is one property where fighting for the 'best available room' benefit is worth it. On my last stay I called the US Diamond Line who on the day of arrival to force this benefit, when their reservations department tried to tell me I was only entitled to a lower category room than the best available room.
I affirm and confirm this tactic, but just supplant the words "US Diamond Line" with "Private Line Representative" - not just for PH Sydney. Glad to hear the "Diamond Line" was as responsive and effective. Still and again - Diamonds - sign up!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Iam Diamond till Feb 29th then will drop to Platinum as I didnt requalify last due to job loss. Still have 2 Suite upgrade certs , if I make reservations by Feb 29th and ask to use the certs for later in the year for those reservations (made by 2/29 ) I will be able to use them even though I will be lowely Platinum by then?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by rntraveller
Iam Diamond till Feb 29th then will drop to Platinum as I didnt requalify last due to job loss. Still have 2 Suite upgrade certs , if I make reservations by Feb 29th and ask to use the certs for later in the year for those reservations (made by 2/29 ) I will be able to use them even though I will be lowely Platinum by then?
Yes -- as long as everything is done by then.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
...And you don't think you'll change them after the 29th.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:42 am

I called GP today to ask about a Diamond fast track. I'm changing jobs and won't be traveling as much. She said there was nothing available yet for 2012 but to call back later. I hope something does come up, I don't want to lose Diamond!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
I requested a diamond challenge on Jan 2 and received it by jan 3, 2012, saying if I complete 12 nights within 60 days I will be diamond through feb, 2013. I also received the upgrade certs, which are valid until feb 29, 2012. My question is would they expire on feb 29, 2012, would they be extended, or would I receive 4 more certs valid until feb 2013?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by flyersky1
I requested a diamond challenge on Jan 2 and received it by jan 3, 2012, saying if I complete 12 nights within 60 days I will be diamond through feb, 2013. I also received the upgrade certs, which are valid until feb 29, 2012. My question is would they expire on feb 29, 2012, would they be extended, or would I receive 4 more certs valid until feb 2013?
Are you sure you will get Status till 2013?
Shouldnt it be 2/2014?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
That is what the confirmation email said.

Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Shouldnt it be 2/2014?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyersky1
You will get 4 new certs expiring Feb, 2013 if you satisfy the challenge. Your existing certs can be used for any future reservation including those after Feb 29, 2012
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Shouldnt it be 2/2014?
2/2014 won't be offered until the second half of 2012, assuming they still offer a trial at that time. At least, that is the way that it's worked in the past.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by martyYYZ
2/2014 won't be offered until the second half of 2012, assuming they still offer a trial at that time. At least, that is the way that it's worked in the past.
I believe I got Diamond through completing the challenge in September -- I have it till Feb 2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.