Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Me too was hoping for something like that before I drop back down March 1st
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Two things...

1) FYI - It seems the 1500GP point promo ends on 1/8/12, according to the listing included in the Current Hyatt Promotions post.

2) In case you hadn't figured it into your stays, the PH Tokyo is offering 50% off every second night through February.

AA001 - Earn Triple AA Miles (1,500 mi/stay) - 10/1/11-1/15/12

Originally Posted by greek2me
I would love your collective help to optimize my Diamond Trial strategy for an upcoming Asia trip. TIA for any help.

I read up on all relevant FT posts. Diamond Trail Offer of 12 nts in 60 days is good until 12/31/11. I have PC Plat, so can do. I have a trip to Asia from Jan 21st to Feb 19th.
We will have 10 nights total in 3 cities that have Hyatts (4 in Tokyo, 3 in Saigon/HCMC, 3 in Hong Kong).
My wife just got the Chase Hyatt card and we are using her 2 free nights at Park Hyatt Tokyo. (I don’t have that card yet as I already have 4 Chase pers cards. I got most recent one got mid Oct so next app o rama not due mid Jan). So that leaves me with 8 potential paid nights on trip (unless I get Chase card also and use 2 free nts on trip then only 6 pd nights). I have existing refundable bookings for other 2 nts in Tokyo at GH Tokyo ($425/nt avg), then 3 at PH Saigon ($300) and 3 at HR TST ($300).

My current plan is as follows. Get trial start date Dec 20. Do some weekend mattress runs at $100 Hyatts nearby to get other 4-6 nts in before leave on trip. Apply for Chase card after get DIA trial so if approved get 2 free nts in suite. Use 2 of 4 suite upgrade certs for PH Saigon and HR TST Hong Kong stays.

Your thoughts?
Should I risk waiting, hoping DIA trial offer still avail in early Jan so get status thru Feb 2014?
Should I risk another Chase app earlier than AOR mid Jan date and go for the Hyatt card for myself before the trip?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by hautecouTours
Two things...

1) FYI - It seems the 1500GP point promo ends on 1/8/12, according to the listing included in the Current Hyatt Promotions post.
2) In case you hadn't figured it into your stays, the PH Tokyo is offering 50% off every second night through February.

AA001 - Earn Triple AA Miles (1,500 mi/stay) - 10/1/11-1/15/12
Thanks for the info.
Re 1). I will try to get in 4 nights before my trip and ideally I'd love to do so on this promo. Trying to optimize the promo, doing the nights in 2012 so count for requalif for 2013, doing on weekends when rates at only Hyatt near me are cheapest and doing as 1 night stays as might be able to do 25 in 2012 but don't see getting to 50 nts as doable. It is a lot to try to optimize!
Wish Hyatt would announce their next promo already so I can see how that might play into my planning.
re 2). That is how I have my 2nd two nights in Tokyo booked.

Anyone know if there any cheaper rate options than AAA for Hyatts- ala Sickel F&F rate or HH MVP?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 5:16 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by musikdude
If I am currently diamond can I even ask for a diamond challenge? Or must I wait until after march 1st, when I will drop to plat., and then hope there is a diamond challenge offered at that time??
It appears that you can, even if you are DIA now. I just got off the phone with GP CS and they said to email my PC card and statement and they would do the trial, even though I am DIA now.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
How many stays would I need to show on my HH gold account to have Hyatt allow me a diamond challenge?? Any guesses??
Old Dec 27, 2011, 2:29 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

10 stays in last year, iirc

Not strenuous, but intended to stop people gold challenging at HH (4 stays) and then challenging at HGP
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:15 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

When in 2012 would be optimal time to do challenge. In order to have diamond status through 2/2014?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by kishna
[SIZE=1]
When in 2012 would be optimal time to do challenge. In order to have diamond status through 2/2014?
You will have to wait to see when/if Diamond challenges are offered again in 2012; then see how long they will give you Diamond status for once you meet the 12 night requirement. Just a guess, but likely it could be just through Feb 2013 if the challenge is done early in 2012; more likely it could be through Feb 2014 if you complete a challenge in second half of 2012.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
So I'm unclear. The Diamond challenge may not be around at all anymore? Why do some believe that is most likely because they're saying this expires 12/31/11?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace
So I'm unclear. The Diamond challenge may not be around at all anymore? Why do some believe that is most likely because they're saying this expires 12/31/11?
Not saying it will or won't be around in 2012, just that the current Diamond challenge they are offering ends 12/31/11.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kishna
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I too would be very interested in this info!
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:03 pm

Hi, any updates on this? I'm gold on SPG and Hilton and staying at a Hyatt for work soon. Will my SPG or Hilton status get me anywhere?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12
Hi, any updates on this? I'm gold on SPG and Hilton and staying at a Hyatt for work soon. Will my SPG or Hilton status get me anywhere?
Why not PM Gold Passport Concierge and ask?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:34 am

2 questions for you experts re: the Diamond Trial offer -

- would the suite upgrade certificates be applicable if I were to book my room and pay for it with the hyatt certificate (inspire level for PH Sydney) and stay during the Diamond Trial period? I know this stay will not count towards the 12 nights requalification but just wondering if they will honour the suite upgrade certificates
- would rooms booked via my travel agency / expedia etc qualify towards the 12 nights to qualify during the trial period or must rooms be booked via hyatt.com?

Thanks.

baclubflyer
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:17 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
- would the suite upgrade certificates be applicable if I were to book my room and pay for it with the hyatt certificate (inspire level for PH Sydney) and stay during the Diamond Trial period? I know this stay will not count towards the 12 nights requalification but just wondering if they will honour the suite upgrade certificates
Diamond Suite Upgrades are only valid on paid room rates. As Hyatt Stay Certificates do not fluctuate in price with room rates, they are considered vouchers that are redeemed for a room (similar to an award reservation). As such, room nights reserved with Hyatt Stay Certificates are not eligible for Diamond Suite Upgrades.

Originally Posted by baclubflyer
- would rooms booked via my travel agency / expedia etc qualify towards the 12 nights to qualify during the trial period or must rooms be booked via hyatt.com?
To qualify for credit, the rooms must be booked as an eligible rate, as defined in the Hyatt GP T&C's. Expedia and other third party rates are not eligible rates for stay/night credit, GP points, and Diamond Trial qualification.

An "Eligible Rate" shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. A portion of an Eligible Rate may reflect taxes, service charges, gratuities, and third-party charges for certain included items, and those costs may not be eligible for Hyatt Gold Passport points. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.