FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:17 am
baliktad
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
- would the suite upgrade certificates be applicable if I were to book my room and pay for it with the hyatt certificate (inspire level for PH Sydney) and stay during the Diamond Trial period? I know this stay will not count towards the 12 nights requalification but just wondering if they will honour the suite upgrade certificates
Diamond Suite Upgrades are only valid on paid room rates. As Hyatt Stay Certificates do not fluctuate in price with room rates, they are considered vouchers that are redeemed for a room (similar to an award reservation). As such, room nights reserved with Hyatt Stay Certificates are not eligible for Diamond Suite Upgrades.

Originally Posted by baclubflyer
- would rooms booked via my travel agency / expedia etc qualify towards the 12 nights to qualify during the trial period or must rooms be booked via hyatt.com?
To qualify for credit, the rooms must be booked as an eligible rate, as defined in the Hyatt GP T&C's. Expedia and other third party rates are not eligible rates for stay/night credit, GP points, and Diamond Trial qualification.

An "Eligible Rate" shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. A portion of an Eligible Rate may reflect taxes, service charges, gratuities, and third-party charges for certain included items, and those costs may not be eligible for Hyatt Gold Passport points. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).