Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:09 am

Enjoying my second night at the Fairmont Singapore. Fantastic hotel, great location, very helpfull staff, and the new rooms are some of the best I have stayed in. Have 2 more stays here upcoming this summer as we tour SE Asia.

Many thanks to Edmonton2001, and the other Fairmont employee's on this thread for helping with this excellent program. It is very much appreciated by my family and I.

Regards.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I was told the first week of July was a full house there. Is this true?

Originally Posted by amerh
Enjoying my second night at the Fairmont Singapore. Fantastic hotel, great location, very helpfull staff, and the new rooms are some of the best I have stayed in. Have 2 more stays here upcoming this summer as we tour SE Asia.

Many thanks to Edmonton2001, and the other Fairmont employee's on this thread for helping with this excellent program. It is very much appreciated by my family and I.

Regards.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 5:25 pm

The Hotel does seem pretty full, as Singapore is hosting the 2009 Asian Youth Games from June 29-July 7th. Some teams are definately staying here, based on the uniforms / security tags they are wearing.

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I was told the first week of July was a full house there. Is this true?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
Just returned from 6 nights @ the Kea Lani. It was a great stay overall. The hotel seemed pretty empty, my guess is about 2/3 full at most. Booked a Fairmont Suite @ $169 when the deal first came out. Asked about extending the stay for an extra day and was offered the $249 (current NFAF) rate and decided to decline it.

Food and drinks were quite expensive, $25 for Chicken Caesar Salad @ the pool, though very good. They were offering deals on cabana rentals $75 for two days to help rent them all.

This was our first stay @ a Fairmont property and we'll be looking to stay at more Fairmont's in the future based on the positive experience that we had in Maui.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Currently at the airport after a 3 night stay at the Plaza in New York. Unfortunately the hotel left me under-impressed to put it mildly (based on its original price and standing). It is very much a grande dame, but also senile and with parkinson. The decor is ruined by their interior decorator.

The raison d'etre for the Plaza (views of the park) is no more. Their staff is mostly unionized meaning they can't be fired. This results in poor service, occassionaly even rude (especially a waiter in their champagne bar).

Nothing can beat the location and it is fun to be dropped off at the theatre in their Rolls Royce. At the rate you get with the NFAF code it is worth a try although I would suggest looking for other options. With the FAF code from ICH you can stay at the Intercontinental for half the price, which might be better value for your money.

Thanks for letting me experience it first hand though!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 7:19 pm

Fairmont Maui Kea Lani

Many thanks for this thread and those who helped out with booker ID info. The staff were wonderful and consistently made every effort to make our stay pleasurable, including upgrading our suite and providing reading material when we ran short!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:13 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Originally Posted by amerh
Enjoying my second night at the Fairmont Singapore. Fantastic hotel, great location, very helpfull staff, and the new rooms are some of the best I have stayed in. Have 2 more stays here upcoming this summer as we tour SE Asia
I will soon be on my way to Singapore for a mileage run with a 3 nights stay at the Fairmont.

I know the property from poolside meetings for our First to Fly the A380 meetings although I have never stayed there myself.

I am really looking forward to being there!

Any useful advice from those who have stayed there -thanks to our friend- will be most appreciated.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 11:45 am

Just returned from an excellent stay at the Fairmont Orchid on the Big Island in Kona. The room was slightly dated, but we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room (from a garden view room) after inquiring if there were upgrades for Presidents Club members.

The resort was spacious, clean and offered many activities; from kayaking to snorkeling to beachside yoga. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Many thanks to nyx.t2t. We had a great time!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Just completed a stay at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in Montreal.

Thanks to nyx.t2t! No problems with check in or rate!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by CDG1
I will soon be on my way to Singapore for a mileage run with a 3 nights stay at the Fairmont.
Does a trip with a 3 night stay at turnaround location be classified as a MR or is it more like a mini/short break vacation or stay that also accumulates mileage?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:14 am

Thumbs up

Hoping to use this at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston mid August - sorry haven't read through the entire thread but is there any reason this shouldn't work. Thanks to those making this thread possible and thanks in advance for any replies...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by MonkeyDad
Hoping to use this at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston mid August - sorry haven't read through the entire thread but is there any reason this shouldn't work. Thanks to those making this thread possible and thanks in advance for any replies...
I used it back in April here and it worked. Just make sure you have a copy of the confirmation with the rate, at check-in they couldn't find it (mentioned something about the reservations system / IT glitch not passing it though to their hotel) - but it was sorted out once they investigated further and it worked. We had also booked a room on the Gold Floor and this was during the Boston Marathon and they still honoured the rate ^
Old Jul 7, 2009, 6:26 pm

Just returned home from stays at:

Fairmont San Francisco
Fairmont Vancouver
Fairmont Empress, Victoria
Fairmont Lake Louise
Fairmont Banff Springs
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge

all were exceptional stays - its the service that "makes" the Fairmont stay so nice. Everyone was so helpful.

Also the history, particularly regarding the building of the hotels and the railway in the 19th/ 20th centuries.
e.g. the Tonga Bar in SFO, the olde world charm and architecture of the Empress, Photos on the walls of each hotel showing the history, Banff & lake Louise's grand old dames "Castles in the Mountains"

And the extras: free BMW bicycles at Empress & Jasper Lodge.

Free Presidents club membership, allowing free internet access, and also providing instant checkin - as soon as we pulled into the driveway, our room cards were all ready to go.

We will defineitely be staying at the Fairmonts in future.

Thanks to Nyx.2t for this chance to experience these fine hotels.

Des from Australia.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:32 pm

nyx.t2t question

Hi nyx.t2t,
I just pm you for help but I was wondering. Is the deluxe room worth the upgrade? I assume that the difference is the view.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by PA Flydoc
Hi nyx.t2t,
I just pm you for help but I was wondering. Is the deluxe room worth the upgrade? I assume that the difference is the view.
Unfortunately I haven't stayed at the Fairmont Chicago so I couldn't give you proper feedback for that. If anyone else in this thread can share their experiences with PA Flydoc, I'm sure he/she'd appreciate it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.