Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC Elite, *A Gold
Plus and Minus

First, may I say that I really appreciate the FF deal. I got a great rate at the Empress in Victoria in May - and look forward to staying at YVR in Sept.

Having said that, the desk staff were snotty, didn't acknowledge my President's Club membership (told me I'd be charged for internet) and gave me a very marginal room (maybe that's all they have at the Empress?)

And could somebody take care of the cigarette butts all over the front sidewalk? UGH!
Old Aug 4, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Yes, it's hard to stop everyone from posting rates but since many of you on here have used my code, I do not want the posting of rates to be traced back to it. This can ruin it for myself as well as whoever else on here has been using my code.

Originally Posted by tcook052
I thought that matter had been touched on and it was resolved that Fairmont employees weren't supposed to post NFAF rates but how realistic is it to stop every member of the public on all IBB from posting some of these rates?

Trust me, BTW, as I very much appreciate what our resident Fairmont members have done for us FTers here and don't want to question that at all, just asking a question.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Tired of Traveling
First, may I say that I really appreciate the FF deal. I got a great rate at the Empress in Victoria in May - and look forward to staying at YVR in Sept.

Having said that, the desk staff were snotty, didn't acknowledge my President's Club membership (told me I'd be charged for internet) and gave me a very marginal room (maybe that's all they have at the Empress?)

And could somebody take care of the cigarette butts all over the front sidewalk? UGH!
I have another post at the Fairmont forum about no complimentary Internet access and local call for FPC member. I booked a deluxe room, not even the standard room, at the Boston Copley Plaza using the NFAF code. The receptionist acknowledged my FPC membership but also told me that there's no complimentary Internet access and no free local call. I may have found the answer because I also booked on the NFAF rate.

It appears that one is not eligible for all the FPC "perks" if booked using the NFAF rate.

Last edited by Clipper801; Aug 5, 2009 at 7:43 am
Old Aug 5, 2009, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801
It appears that one is not eligible for all the FPC "perks" if booked using the NFAF rate.
This must be property specific, as our stay at The Plaza, NY was the opposite. Our FPC membership was acknowledged and we have free calls and internet for the duration of our stay.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
yeah, I've stayed now at four fairmonts on the NFAF rate and all gave me all the perks, including things like 20% off spa treatments and FOOD!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:32 am

I stayed at the Fairmont Singapore for 12 nights in July on the NFAF rate...got all the associated FPC perks, along with great service. Plus been bumped to a premier FPC level now.

Looking forward to an upcoming stay at the Fairmont Chicago.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:32 am

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been gone over before. I am planning a trip to New york in November and staying at the Plaza would be amazing if i could get the nfaf rate.

I am aware that the dates 16th -21st NOV are out of the 3 months ahead booking period, but keying in random dates in SEP, OCT etc all comes up with no NFAF discount.

I tried the same dates for the Boston firmont and the NFAF rate was applied problem free?

Is the plaza not participating or is some other method required to show the friends and family rate.

cheers and thanks guys
Old Aug 6, 2009, 2:03 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
It depends on their availability... keep checking, it may open up, it may not.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:30 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Can anyone who has stayed at the QE in Montreal comment on treatment? I hope they are not holding out on the free PC internet........
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by daveland
Can anyone who has stayed at the QE in Montreal comment on treatment? I hope they are not holding out on the free PC internet........
Stayed there twice last week. No problems with PC benefits.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:14 pm

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
I've tried all of the weekends in October and they are all available for the NFAF rate. Just play around with the dates. I think The Plaza is going to heavily restrict availability of rooms in November and December as this is peak travel season for NYC. Normal hotel room prices go through the roof for these months.

Originally Posted by cbrendan
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been gone over before. I am planning a trip to New york in November and staying at the Plaza would be amazing if i could get the nfaf rate.

I am aware that the dates 16th -21st NOV are out of the 3 months ahead booking period, but keying in random dates in SEP, OCT etc all comes up with no NFAF discount.

I tried the same dates for the Boston firmont and the NFAF rate was applied problem free?

Is the plaza not participating or is some other method required to show the friends and family rate.

cheers and thanks guys
Old Aug 6, 2009, 2:55 pm

fairmont san francisco

Just returned from the Fairmont San Francisco Ghirardelli Square. I booked a 3 bedroom with the NFAF rate. I had 6 people with me. When we arrived we were downgraded to a 2 bedroom unit for the hotel was overbooked. This is my 3rd stay with the hotel and I'm a premier member. I felt the manager should have discussed this with me prior to arrival. I was a bit disappointed with how they handled it. It was basically....sorry.

The hotel is very nice. Rooms great. It's very very loud so bring earplugs to be able to sleep do due buses behind hotel run all night long.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:40 pm

So here is a question...

Which Fairmont property offers the best value on booking with NFAF??
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by llbean
So here is a question...

While I haven't compared all properties I'd venture The Plaza.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 1:36 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Every hotel varies depending on occupancy and if there are special events going on in town or not. You might get an amazing deal one weekend but the next might not be so great. It's all about checking frequently and jumping on opportunities as you see them before they book up.

Originally Posted by llbean
So here is a question...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.