Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

With this offer, I figure I will have to find me another Fairmont for another stay before the promo ends.

Have any of you stayed at the Fairmont Palace in Montreux, Switzerland?

http://www.fairmont.com/FR_FA/default

It looks ROYAL! :-::-::-::-::-:
Old Jul 16, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
one of the things I find strange about making these reservations, is that periodically they dissappear from ones My Reservations page. Like today, we are arriving somewhere and the reservation is just GONE, I know this has happened before, but it doesn't help anyone.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by nmenaker
one of the things I find strange about making these reservations, is that periodically they dissappear from ones My Reservations page. Like today, we are arriving somewhere and the reservation is just GONE, I know this has happened before, but it doesn't help anyone.
I've noticed that too - on the date of arrival - that the reservation is gone.

If you search with Confirmation # and last name it comes up and you can confirm the rate, reprint, etc.

Should be good to go.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: Yes please
I have noticed something a bit different; there is still a reservation listed on the summary page but when I drill down to the details all the details are missing. No hotel, no dates, no rate, no anything.

In truth, however good Fairmont hotels might be, I deeply distrust their web site and I have confirmed my reservations manually with each hotel directly.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
yeah, this is reflective of how poor Fairmont's IT is. Like SouthOxon, I find FPC's website really wanting.

At the same time, re andylogan's comment, my experience has been that on day of arrival, the reservation info does disappear from the My Reservation tab, regardless of the rate code. So it's not unique to NFAF rates by any means. Another example of FPC's wondrous web effort...
Old Jul 16, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
There have been reports of this problem with a few of the Fairmont properties. It is their own reservation system. The reservations DO go through and are in their records, but the website doesn't show it anymore... OR in some cases you will see the reservation but the details are all blank. It would be in your best interest to print off a copy of the confirmation when you get it and to be EXTRA safe, you can call the hotel to confirm that they have your reservation and the rate is correct.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 3:59 pm

Rate Fluctuations - Plaza Hotel

Does anyone know what days of the week or what months there will be lower rates at the plaza hotel in NYC, to make the most of discounts available. I'm in NYC and always wanted to stay at the plaza, so i don't have any restrictions on what night i should stay or when i need to stay...so does anyone know when i can find the cheapest rate?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:05 pm

We just had a wonderful 2 night stay at the Fairmont Miami. Staff was A++++ and we even got upgraded to a suite. Pool service and beach service was impeccable!!!!

Thank to OP and NY2.TXT for letting us enjoy luxury at such an amazing price!

I am already looking forward to a more exotic location now that Hotel is so much more affordable.

Cheers....
Old Jul 18, 2009, 11:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Thanks a million nyx.t2t for a fantastic stay in Canada at the Fairmonts in Whistler and Vancouver. The service in both was fantastic and the Gold room was an absolute delight.

All good things come to an end and.............. back to work next week

Pete
Old Jul 19, 2009, 8:22 am

So after spending an hour wading thru this thread...I am still confused..what i the consensus? Do we need a booker ID or not?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by llbean
So after spending an hour wading thru this thread...I am still confused..what i the consensus? Do we need a booker ID or not?
Yes, always have. As nyx.t2t signature a few posts above says just PM him to obtain one as it's well worth your while.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: Yes please
Originally Posted by llbean
You certainly do.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 12:30 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Think of it this way. Using the booker ID doesn't cost you anything. It's the way the program was intended. And the person whose booking ID you use gets an incentive too.

Why wouldn't you use one?

Certainly would ensure your rate is booked properly.

I don't use a booker ID from those on this thread. I use one from a Fairmont Employee I know. But, the staff that are here have beeen more than helpful with information, and booker IDs. There's no reason to not use one.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

Oh Heavenly Fairmont!

Can hardly wait until my stay at the Montreux Palace :-::-::-::-::-:

Thank you for everything nyx.t2t
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Fairmont Turnberry Isle is ^

Not finished my stay yet, but got upgraded on the lowest price to the One Bedroom Suite with a rack rate of $1999/night (which we know they won't be getting for a WHILE!)

Has a bathroom larger than most hotel rooms.

Resort fees, and valet fees with no self park options(esp for me, I like to get my car quick) are kind of but overall it is spectacular. wish I had time to go utilize the zero entry pool, lazy river, golf(free), but alas I don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.