[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Glad to hear about all the successes! Keep them coming!

Originally Posted by starsign2
Just wanted to say that I had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Fairmont in Lake Louise, AB last Saturday. Wonderful old hotel with helpful courteous staff. I couldn't have been more pleased, and the added bonus of being able to take photos of sunrise at Lake Louise was terrific. Huge thanks to nyx.t2t!
Originally Posted by epost77
Thanks to nyx.t2t I was able to treat my Mom to her first stay at the Royal York this past weekend. She had a great room overlooking York/Front St. and really enjoyed the view of the CN Tower.

Only one more stay to make Premier...
Originally Posted by Dalat767
Likewise, Thanks alot nyx.t2t. I had wonderful experience at the Fairmont Singapore. The staff are courteous and friendly.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:45 pm

Just want to say thanks to nyx.t2t for all your help and for providing me with the code. Looking forward to my stay at the Royal York!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:40 pm

Can I book the hotel and flight at the same time and use the booker code??

If so, how??!!!

If not, any suggestions on what to do for flight and hotel in Calgary?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 7:07 am

Had two stays last week at the Fairmonts in Lake Louise and Jasper, on the Friends and Family Rate.

Were it not for this Friends and Family Rate, I very likely would have stayed at alternative hotels.

Had great dinners at the Walliser Stube (Lake Louise) and the Edith Cavell Dining Room (Jasper).

I hope Fairmont continues the Friends and Family Rate into next year.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by leopakes
Can I book the hotel and flight at the same time and use the booker code??

If so, how??!!!

If not, any suggestions on what to do for flight and hotel in Calgary?
Welcome to FT!

I don't think the Friends and Family promo relates to airfares. You'd have to book your flights separately.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 8:45 pm

Does the friends and family rate need to be booked in advance or can I call up and book same day if available.

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2009, 9:57 pm

The reservations for this promotion are supposed to be made online with the codes provided.

Originally Posted by sushi
Does the friends and family rate need to be booked in advance or can I call up and book same day if available.

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2009, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Glad to hear about all the successes! Keep them coming!
Hi there,

Can I use the ID for the booking of Swissotel hotel? Any suceess?

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2009, 9:11 pm

I have yet to hear of actual successes at Swiss or Raffles. I haven't recommended it to anyone either because it might be risky considering it wasn't included in the program details when presented to us by Fairmont.

Originally Posted by vlflyertalk
Hi there,

Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
My parents are planning to go to Banff / Lake Louise in mid-Sept for a week (maybe Jasper too), the best rate I can find is around $200 for both LL & Banff - there are rates lower without the code. Is Sept really a peak season to visit Banff?

Should I try priceline or some other booking tool? $200+ just doesn't sound a super deal for me...

P.S. nyx - I just sent you a pm

Last edited by iwls01; Aug 4, 2009 at 11:49 am Reason: take some specific $ amount off
Old Aug 4, 2009, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
From my experience mid-September is indeed peak season, the busiest time of the year in Banff/ Lake Louise generally is from late June / early July to mid / end of September.

$200 generally is quite a good deal for that time of the year, though I have seen the NFAF rate lower than that this summer, but I guess the rates are going up due to more people using the promozion.
Also, both properties are likely to be booked out, so Priceline wouldn´t be much help.

Good luck!

P. S. I can highly recommend spending some time in Jasper, the highway between LL and Jasper is one of the most impressive ones in the world and the Columia Icefields are definitely worth a visit.

Originally Posted by iwls01
My parents are planning to go to Banff / Lake Louise in mid-Sept for a week (maybe Jasper too), the best rate I can find using NFAF is ~$229 for LL and $199 for Banff - rates are lower without the NFAF code. Is Sept really a peak season to visit Banff?

Should I try priceline or some other booking tool? $229 just doesn't sound a super deal for me...

P.S. nyx - I just sent you a pm
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by vlflyertalk
Hi there,

Thanks
The Policy of the promotion states that "the Friends & Family Rate provides hotel accommodation for leisure travel at a discounted rate for employee’s friends and family, on a space available basis at any Fairmont, Raffles or Swissôtel Hotel or Resort."

However, this discounted rate is set relative to the individual hotel's business volumes and seasonal demands. Availability and actual rates will be confirmed at the time of the reservation request.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I just booked the Swissotel Shanghai for 350 CNY per night using NFAF, and am awaiting a reply email from the hotel to see if I need anything else.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:24 pm

This information is true for the original Family and Friends Rate program that the hotel holds for employees all the time. But this is when the employee makes the reservation for their family/friend. The current family/friends promotion (Travel, Earn, Win) has not one mention of the two sister hotel chains. Reserve those at your own risk.

And just a reminder to posters... PLEASE do not post any NFAF rates. This is against the terms and conditions for the promotion.

Originally Posted by Champagner
The Policy of the promotion states that "the Friends & Family Rate provides hotel accommodation for leisure travel at a discounted rate for employee’s friends and family, on a space available basis at any Fairmont, Raffles or Swissôtel Hotel or Resort."

However, this discounted rate is set relative to the individual hotel's business volumes and seasonal demands. Availability and actual rates will be confirmed at the time of the reservation request.

Last edited by nyx.t2t; Aug 4, 2009 at 1:26 pm Reason: Reminder
Old Aug 4, 2009, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
And just a reminder to posters... PLEASE do not post any NFAF rates. This is against the terms and conditions for the promotion.
I thought that matter had been touched on and it was resolved that Fairmont employees weren't supposed to post NFAF rates but how realistic is it to stop every member of the public on all IBB from posting some of these rates?

Trust me, BTW, as I very much appreciate what our resident Fairmont members have done for us FTers here and don't want to question that at all, just asking a question.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 4, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.