[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2009, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Montreal (twice), Ottawa, Mont Tremblant and Quebec. Thanks to nyx.t2t
Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Wonderful stories from everyone. Glad to help everyone!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA, B6, Marriott Gold
Hello all,

Does anyone have advice as to which room type to reserve at the Fairmont in Washington DC? Is the buy-up to Gold worth it for a weekend?

Thank you all for your help - it's great to be here!

Last edited by MileageAddict; Aug 12, 2009 at 5:09 am
Old Aug 12, 2009, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by simplysocks
Hi all! Great forum! I would love to get the code! My nephew is getting married in Dallas.
Thank you so much!
I don't know the NFAF rate for Dallas, but try this Travelzoo rate.

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels/632130
Old Aug 12, 2009, 9:34 am

Programs: QR Silver
Thanks nyx.t2t - I stayed in the Singapore Fairmont last weekend for 2 nights and was upgraded...they treated me well even though it was a busy National Day weekend.

Stay number 2 this coming weekend!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:02 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Reminder - please do not post requests for codes. Use the private message feature and contact individuals who have listed in their signature line that they can offer asisstance.

Thank you,

MileageAddict
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Successful in Bermuda for early August. Thanks nyx.t2t!
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by N801UA
Hello all,

Does anyone have advice as to which room type to reserve at the Fairmont in Washington DC? Is the buy-up to Gold worth it for a weekend?

Thank you all for your help - it's great to be here!
DCFairmont has very large and nice rooms. Their standard rooms are 400 sq ft. Gold Floor rooms are 350 sq ft., but more nicely furnished.
The Gold Floor has one major advantage, though. Food and drinks galore. If you have a party of 2, especially, I'd go for the Gold Floor. Between the very nice continental breakfast (which has a couple of hot items, like lobster/smoked salmon eggs benedict), afternoon tea, hor d'oeuvre, chocolate foundue.... and fresh fruit, and drinks of all kind, all free, I think it's well worth the price difference.
I highly recommend it.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Successful in Bermuda for early August. Thanks nyx.t2t!
Early August, 2010?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:03 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
SF--Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square

Unfortunately, I was unable to use the nfaf promotion @ the new property in San Francisco for an upcoming trip before and over Labor Day. I booked nevertheless because their stay 3 nights, get 1 night free was too hard to pass up. No prepay on this either; simple 24 hour cancellation.

I'm going to look elsewhere on this site for further info on FHP, GS, but was shocked to scan through Trip Advisor the other night without seeing even a single whiny complaint.

--mcz
Old Aug 13, 2009, 3:50 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by mczlaw
Unfortunately, I was unable to use the nfaf promotion @ the new property in San Francisco for an upcoming trip before and over Labor Day. I booked nevertheless because their stay 3 nights, get 1 night free was too hard to pass up. No prepay on this either; simple 24 hour cancellation.

I'm going to look elsewhere on this site for further info on FHP, GS, but was shocked to scan through Trip Advisor the other night without seeing even a single whiny complaint.

--mcz
The FPC forum has a thread for property reviews, and this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairm...l#post12074084 pops up. May be of interest?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:50 am

Smile Great stay in Alberta!

We were at the Banff Springs late July and Lake Louise early Aug. Thanks to nyx.t2t for the great rate!

No questions asked a check-in. I joined the President's Club, so I had the free Internet. Not sure if the room was better. We had mountain view at BS (I hear valley view is better), but LL we had the panoramic lake view. Spectacular.

As a bonus, we entered a canoe race at LL and ended up winning $115 in free food at the restaurants! It was the day we checked out, so we had one hell of a lunch!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:40 am

abcx , Thank you so much for the link! That would be an excellent rate, but it ends in Sep. and the wedding is in Oct. Seems alot of hotels are still hoping to get summer travelers.
The wedding is at the Adolphus, would love to stay there, but they don't appear to be offering much.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by nmenaker
yeah, I've stayed now at four fairmonts on the NFAF rate and all gave me all the perks, including things like 20% off spa treatments and FOOD!
Same here and Banff Springs and Lake Louise. Although I think my wife said she got 15% off the spa. We didn't get any food discounts.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by 4thought
Same here and Banff Springs and Lake Louise. Although I think my wife said she got 15% off the spa. We didn't get any food discounts.
The standard for Willow Stream Spas for Presidents Club members is 10% but if they are offering more, then great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.