[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
You really sound like you're advertising it now. I hope there's something in it for you.
Nyx.t2t.. I understand that you were willing to help when it was easy to book, and the kickback to you was incentive.

For myself, this is a hobby.. Getting deals and sharing it. The numerous thank you's I receive on a regular basis from my friends, and FT is incentive enough..

Not to mention the memories created when spending time with my family at some of these hotels. If it wasn't affordable and enough room (i.e. upgrades), I would certainly be spending less time at these iconic properties. When I think of the moments created by other families spending time at hotels, its worth it to get the message out.

Anyways, I'm glad you're sharing the deals amongst those you know.. and getting paid for it apparently!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:01 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I understand that you're sharing this information but if you're not an employee, you can't be the one making the reservations? So you must know an employee who is making improper use of this friends and family perk that Fairmont employees are given. Just don't want you to "help" this employee get into any trouble as well. I'm glad that you're so open to sharing though.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
So are you saying that you sharing your booking # is improper use when the online booking was on, because this is the same program as in the past, except you are still able to make bookings through your Fairmont contacts directly.

I can assure you that there is no help from my end.. I've been invited to share, pass on, and make available NFAF deals to my friends.

Again, anyone who wants access to my contact just PM me, and I shall provide my Facebook friends link giving access to my contact.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:22 am

I think one of the big reasons they removed the booker ID and NFAF was because the system was being abused. So they want to go back to the old system (except include the incentive) where the employee has to make the reservation so only REAL friends and family members are getting those rates.

Either way, I don't have a problem with you being so helpful to everyone. I was just curious as to why you all of a sudden became so informative with the FNF and were pretty much urging people to contact you when you originally seemed flustered with all the PMs.

Thanks for your help in this forum.

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
So are you saying that you sharing your booking # is improper use when the online booking was on, because this is the same program as in the past, except you are still able to make bookings through your Fairmont contacts directly.

I can assure you that there is no help from my end.. I've been invited to share, pass on, and make available NFAF deals to my friends.

Again, anyone who wants access to my contact just PM me, and I shall provide my Facebook friends link giving access to my contact.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Abused??

I think it's safe to assume that it was a capacity controlled arrangement supplemented by sophisticated yield and inventory management systems.

It brought in incremental revenue to Fairmont Hotels, for rooms which would have otherwise sat empty.

Obviously a very successful promotion that on the surface which appears to have been a win-win situation.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:29 pm
Suspended

I think Fairmont created a user base used to F&F to help with filling up empty hotel rooms. The residual after the NFAF internet code access is to go back to the source where consumers got the access code from and make bookings. Hence, the market is preserved, while new users aren't used to booking the NFAF, hence booking at public available rates or pre-paid rates that are pretty much NFAF. Smart business if you ask me.. PM me if any Fters want the F&F contact on my Facebook page. I'll send a link to add as friend, once accepted go to groups.. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Friends and Family
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:04 pm

I think Fairmont created a user base used to F&F to help with filling up empty hotel rooms. The residual after the NFAF internet code access is to go back to the source where consumers got the access code from and make bookings. Hence, the market is preserved, while new users aren't used to booking the NFAF, hence booking at public available rates or pre-paid rates that are pretty much NFAF. Smart business if you ask me.. PM me if any Fters want the F&F contact on my Facebook page. I'll send a link to add as friend, once accepted go to groups.. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Friends and Family
The adding as a friend is not necessary. You can do a search on Facebook and find the group yourself.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Gee, quick to judgement.. I supposed I can't help everyone.. but for those who do want the help, I do have a standard of ethics.. The friends and family NFAF exists currently, and I have no problem passing the deals to friends. Anyway cheers, fellows.

PM me as friend for connections to my Fairmont contacts, I can assure you this NFAF contact isn't the first, I've got 15+ connections with Fairmonts employees, hotel managers,, and have inside connections to secrets with FPC Loyalty... Yes, I run a commercial and residential real estate, mortgage, and foreclosure assistance company in Calgary..

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Apr 27, 2010 at 9:12 pm
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I´m pretty sure this won´t last too long.
They are running a public facebook site which is among the first three results when doing a search for "facebook fairmont family and friends" on google. In the last 24h nearly a 100 new "friends & family" joined their page, which somewhat contradicts the idea of the (regular) FAF rate.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 1:42 pm

Promo code?!?!

Hello,
I would like to visit The Plaza Hotel, New York.
Does anybody have a promotional code???

Thanks, Pascal.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 1:46 pm

Hello,

Could you help me with a promo code ?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:58 pm
Suspended

I pm'ed you the current offer. Please note that the internet offer of code NFAF has expired. For current offer, please refer to the new thread on the Hotel Deals Forum under 'Special Rates! Fairmont Hotels and Resorts NFAF (New Friends and Family) is back! Manual this Time!'
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Since this promo code has expired should we ask a Mod. to close or lock this thread?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Do you think it might have possibly diverted money away from people who would have normally paid higher rates? I would bet that if you asked the people in charge, they would say the rate was not intended for hundreds (thousands?) of online friends you have never met.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mvoight
Do you think it might have possibly diverted money away from people who would have normally paid higher rates? I would bet that if you asked the people in charge, they would say the rate was not intended for hundreds (thousands?) of online friends you have never met.
Precisely the logic of the original internet deal.. nothing has changed. The internet deal has expired.. however the current offering makes available deal to friends.. my connections have agreed to book my friends and family off of FB, and those here at FT. Continues to be the same deal manual bookings.. For info refer to the new thread on the Fairmont NFAF Manual Deals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.