Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:03 am

i am only interested in Miramar at the moment and they run very few deals it seems
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
The Miramar has recently runs promotions through travelzoo.com and jetsetter.com. In both cases the rate was about $200USD + tax a night.

For individual stays I would keep an eye on sites like Expedia, as sometimes they'll have unannounced sales through 3rd party sites. You can see my review of the Miramar in the Fairmont form if your interested.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
IMHO.. NFAF was a bit overpriced at the end, as the hotels moved the rates up. I've heard NFAF was moved up some 80% and 120% in some cases. Don't let the name fool you, the rates weren't necessary the best deals offered by Fairmont.. in a lot of my reservations I was able to find better deals in package offers all over the place.

But seeing that everyone's bought into it.. and how many of those who stay at Fairmont doesn't research rates/packages, it would be stupid for Fairmont not to further this promo in one way shape/form or another. I've got several contacts at Fairmont so should be able to hook in excellent rates if its' still offered to employees. By that time, the F&F shouldn't be so inflated. Research and stay happy everyone!^
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: Fairmont Presidents Club, Airmiles, Aeroplan
Question new code for 2010?

Does anyone know if Fairmont is extending their NFAF code or giving out a new code?

thanks so much!!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I have received word that the Fairmont NFAF code has been de-activated. The Friends and Family rates will continue but will go back to the normal way of having your friend or family member make the reservation for you in the employee system. So if you have a friend or family member who works at Fairmont, you're still in the loop!

Last edited by nyx.t2t; Apr 6, 2010 at 4:13 pm
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:40 pm

bummer....i dont know what to do

Last edited by randys1; Apr 6, 2010 at 5:03 pm
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:05 am

Programs: Velocity Rewards (Virgin Australia) - Gold
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I have received word that the Fairmont NFAF code has been de-activated. The Friends and Family rates will continue but will go back to the normal way of having your friend or family member make the reservation for you in the employee system. So if you have a friend or family member who works at Fairmont, you're still in the loop!
so how much money did you make mate??

haha just kidding...
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
All good things come to an end, this promo code included. Thanks to the Fairmont staffers who've helped us FTers out taking advantage of this offer over the past year. All my communications and inquiries by PM met with polite and pleasant advice, much like the Fairmont service I've experience to date.

A BIG thank you! ^

Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by fairdinkumbrad
so how much money did you make mate??

haha just kidding...
More importantly, how many FRIENDS did he make
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
It isn't a bummer if you have a friend or family member who works at Fairmont. I know quite a few who work at the hotels.. So it isn't over.. just have to book it the traditional way, that's all.

We've still got a few good friends on this forum who could book for us too! Depends if they still get a kick back or not..
Old Apr 7, 2010, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

We've still got a few good friends on this forum who could book for us too! Depends if they still get a kick back or not..
They no longer get a kick-back, and it would be a violation to book for general public (aka if an employee had tons of F+F bookings, they would look into it).
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
They no longer get a kick-back, and it would be a violation to book for general public (aka if an employee had tons of F+F bookings, they would look into it).
So providing a booking code for internet.. what is the difference? Wouldn't a booking code on multiple internet bookings warrant an investigation? If it is wrong now, why isn't wrong back then. Maybe this entire thread should warrant a criminal investigation.

The program of NFAF still exists, and you can still book the rates. Only the Internet method has been disabled. You can still book NFAF. I'll repeat this ten times..

You can still book NFAF.
You can still book NFAF.
You can still book NFAF.
You can still book NFAF.
You can still book NFAF.
You can still book NFAF.
You can still book NFAF.
You can still book NFAF.
You can still book NFAF.
You can still book NFAF.

Call up your booker ID buddy that you've used in the past (because you're good enough friends with them to have them booker ID you), and get it done!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:43 am

Surely by disabling the NFAF internet code, Fairmont is clearly calling time on the loosest possible interpretation of "friends and family" and reverting back to how it worked previously - i.e. for the vast majority of people who used a Booker ID in the past, it's game over for them really (as I doubt their "friend" with the Booker ID is going to make the booking on their behalf).
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by pibrahim
Surely by disabling the NFAF internet code, Fairmont is clearly calling time on the loosest possible interpretation of "friends and family" and reverting back to how it worked previously - i.e. for the vast majority of people who used a Booker ID in the past, it's game over for them really (as I doubt their "friend" with the Booker ID is going to make the booking on their behalf).
Exactly. During the public NFAF promo they were encouraged to go social with the program. Now it is back to booking only for your friends or family.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
IMHO.. NFAF was a bit overpriced at the end, as the hotels moved the rates up. I've heard NFAF was moved up some 80% and 120% in some cases. Don't let the name fool you, the rates weren't necessary the best deals offered by Fairmont.. in a lot of my reservations I was able to find better deals in package offers all over the place.

But seeing that everyone's bought into it.. and how many of those who stay at Fairmont doesn't research rates/packages, it would be stupid for Fairmont not to further this promo in one way shape/form or another. I've got several contacts at Fairmont so should be able to hook in excellent rates if its' still offered to employees. By that time, the F&F shouldn't be so inflated. Research and stay happy everyone!^
Well, just looking at the length of this thread, its obvous that Fairmont hit the nail with this promotion and will run it again at some point.

Last edited by hesusbaby; Apr 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.