[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gibbersome
Awesome deal. The NFAF rate for the Kea Lani is now showing up as $300/night...a far cry from the $169/night seen last year.
Same here IMO hoping that the pricing levels were the same as last year.. we were hoping to do the entire stay on Maui @ mid $200 for a Fairmont suite.. would have been 3 weeks, instead, got a great deal at Fairmont Orchid on BI as well as a suite for 15 nights.. Hey, competition within the Fairmont chain.. We're still doing 7 nights at the Kea Lani after the 15 nights on BI Fairmont Orchid, so I guess the deal was a good enough draw for us.

Secret: If you get FPC reservations to make a note that you're staying both Hawaii properties, I find that both properties will want to compete for your business. Result should be better treatment at check-in.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Same here IMO hoping that the pricing levels were the same as last year.. we were hoping to do the entire stay on Maui @ mid $200 for a Fairmont suite.. would have been 3 weeks, instead, got a great deal at Fairmont Orchid on BI as well as a suite for 15 nights.. Hey, competition within the Fairmont chain.. We're still doing 7 nights at the Kea Lani after the 15 nights on BI Fairmont Orchid, so I guess the deal was a good enough draw for us.

Secret: If you get FPC reservations to make a note that you're staying both Hawaii properties, I find that both properties will want to compete for your business. Result should be better treatment at check-in.
You're so lucky! My girlfriend and I were at the Kea Lani last October for 10 days. It was amazing and we really want to go back. But time and money is too big of a factor for us at this time
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
You're so lucky! My girlfriend and I were at the Kea Lani last October for 10 days. It was amazing and we really want to go back. But time and money is too big of a factor for us at this time
Actually, you were lucky because last October you could get NFAF Partial View for 3 c notes even, or Fairmont for 2.5 c notes even.. everything is 70 bucks more per night.. Not that much diff, but at the end of the day, that's pretty much every 4 nights, receive one night free.. Anyways, try Orchid sometime, use your cert and get the suite, each suite is 1,050 sq ft next time out.. Lots of interesting stuff on BI, i.e. volcano, mauna kea observatory, Kona Village Luau, Four Season Surf Sand Stars..etc.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:48 pm

System has let me book a five night stay in August in Singapore - over 60% off Best Available Rate.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:35 pm

Actually, you were lucky because last October you could get NFAF Partial View for 3 c notes even, or Fairmont for 2.5 c notes even.. everything is 70 bucks more per night.. Not that much diff, but at the end of the day, that's pretty much every 4 nights, receive one night free.. Anyways, try Orchid sometime, use your cert and get the suite, each suite is 1,050 sq ft next time out.. Lots of interesting stuff on BI, i.e. volcano, mauna kea observatory, Kona Village Luau, Four Season Surf Sand Stars..etc.
That's a good breakdown, and I would say its more noticeable than not
Old Mar 18, 2010, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by natalie3
That's a good breakdown, and I would say its more noticeable than not
It adds up and fast.. Light on the horizon, a deal is coming up I've heard from FPC re: Kea Lani April 1st, 2010, where rate is $20 than NFAF, but you get $100 food and beverage credit.. Hopefully it becomes reality.^
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by denizenxix
Just stayed here for $129 a night on 3/16 - 3/18. I made my booking online using the Promotional Code alone. I'd actually called the Fairmont reservation line and asked if I needed the Booker ID to make a reservation, helpful rep told me I needed a Booker ID for a reservation over the phone but didn't need one for online reservation. I'd reached out to fellow FT member nyx.t2t just in case. Shout outs to nyx.t2t he was gracious enough to share his Booker ID and booking instructions with me, didn't end up needing ID but I appreciate the gesture nonetheless.
For next time, it would have been nice if you used his (or any employee's) Booker ID, as he gets $10 for helping you out,and it costs you nothing.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:28 pm

i didnt know he got $10 for each one, that is great, i have made 2 and used it both times

so grateful I am
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Unofficially.. Fairmont removed the booker ID requirement for online bookings awhile ago.. it would be interesting to enter a booker ID, to see if the employee still gets credit. Regarding the March 31st, 2010 employee compensation deadline, it remains to be seen if this will be extended to employees, and just as important if NFAF rates can still be booked passed the employee compensation deadlines.

I have rebooked some of my NFAF reservations under different promos, as a result of better deals.. so when booking, check out other packages that may be a better deal.. most hotels should have a package deal that will beat NFAF now.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
Hi, sorry for this, but just for my understanding. The NFAF Code is (no longer) linked to a Booker ID and I can simply book it on the Fairmont website? Do they want to see any voucher like when booking the IHG F&F rate? Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sebblum
Hi, sorry for this, but just for my understanding. The NFAF Code is (no longer) linked to a Booker ID and I can simply book it on the Fairmont website? Do they want to see any voucher like when booking the IHG F&F rate? Thanks a lot.
The story is that the NFAF code is no linked to a Booker ID, but we posters and participants of FT suggest you use a Booker ID (i.e. Nyx.txt) because it compensates the employees for their hard work, referencing business to Fairmont. If you book with reservations, they will require you to produce Booker ID (whereas before, it was required for the actual employee to book it by calling into reservations). Referencing Booker ID will help us all in the future to have the insider connections.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
The story is that the NFAF code is no linked to a Booker ID, but we posters and participants of FT suggest you use a Booker ID (i.e. Nyx.txt) because it compensates the employees for their hard work, referencing business to Fairmont. If you book with reservations, they will require you to produce Booker ID (whereas before, it was required for the actual employee to book it by calling into reservations). Referencing Booker ID will help us all in the future to have the insider connections.
Thanks, sure I will reference to the Booker ID then. Appreciate the effort the insiders here ^.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sebblum
Thanks, sure I will reference to the Booker ID then. Appreciate the effort the insiders here ^.
Awesome! It helps everyone..

Having said that.. I find that most hotels do have a package deal that is a better deal than NFAF. i.e. Kea Lani, I booked 5 nights $100 credit, fifth night free package.. ended up being $50/night cheaper than NFAF..

Same thing Banff Springs.. Escape to Willowstream.. The two massages at regular price costs more than the package which includes two massages, breakfast, parking and room.. so basically the breakfast, parking and room @ no charge.. Shop around, and keep shopping before going.. The nice thing with NFAF is its flexible and you can switch out to another package.. but before switching out, make sure its what you want, because some of the packages and/or rates that are a better deal than NFAF requires a non-refundable deposit.. I've seen non-refundable deposit rates drop overnight, and Fairmont won't let you switch out of it, if you're already booked a non-refundable package/rate!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
For next time, it would have been nice if you used his (or any employee's) Booker ID, as he gets $10 for helping you out,and it costs you nothing.
It's sometimes difficult to judge tone in a posting so please pardon me if I misinterpreted your tone. In response to your post and without trying to sound like an ungrateful b@#tard, based on the email nyx.t2t sent me, it didn't seem like Fairmont was rewarding employees for sharing their Booker IDs! In fact, I got the sense that this was something that he could potentially get into trouble for and so I choose to risk making the reservation using just the promotional code. I certainly wasn't trying to prevent him from making some extra money just didn't want to risk the guy's job for a discounted hotel room! I'm of course extremely grateful that nyx.t2t even entrusted me with his Booker ID.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by denizenxix
It's sometimes difficult to judge tone in a posting so please pardon me if I misinterpreted your tone. In response to your post and without trying to sound like an ungrateful b@#tard, based on the email nyx.t2t sent me, it didn't seem like Fairmont was rewarding employees for sharing their Booker IDs! In fact, I got the sense that this was something that he could potentially get into trouble for and so I choose to risk making the reservation using just the promotional code. I certainly wasn't trying to prevent him from making some extra money just didn't want to risk the guy's job for a discounted hotel room! I'm of course extremely grateful that nyx.t2t even entrusted me with his Booker ID.
+1. Also, I did not use the promotional code as much as others; however, I'm also very grateful that nyx.t2t entrusted me with his Booker ID.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.