Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Mar 7, 2010, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Smahatma
I tried, and was of course denied.
Have you tried American Express Centurion?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by randys1
thanks to you i just made resv for june at san jose and got the rate...thanks again
Awesome! I really hope they extend it past March 31, 2010. I'd assume we should be hearing soon about what they will decide to do with this promotion.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Awesome! I really hope they extend it past March 31, 2010. I'd assume we should be hearing soon about what they will decide to do with this promotion.

indeed, and thanks again

now if i could just get a similar deal with the four seasons chain...
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
I've checked numerous dates through early June at the Canadian resorts (Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise) and all of them have the NFAF rate. Banff actually already has the rate loaded for August 2010 and I was able to get a room there in mid-August for $199 canadian per night.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by beachfamily
I've checked numerous dates through early June at the Canadian resorts (Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise) and all of them have the NFAF rate. Banff actually already has the rate loaded for August 2010 and I was able to get a room there in mid-August for $199 canadian per night.
Awesome! Generally only 90 days out, but thanks for the heads up.. if anyone finds a good deal booking more than 90 days out.. please post!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:25 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Certain hotels release availability much further out than 90 days.

As I've stated over and over, the NFAF program will not end Mar 31. Don't be surprised that the employees cannot release more information than the company will allow them to. The risk is too high.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 1:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Certain hotels release availability much further out than 90 days.

As I've stated over and over, the NFAF program will not end Mar 31. Don't be surprised that the employees cannot release more information than the company will allow them to. The risk is too high.
As there has been alot of FT members quoting the March 31st, 2010 deadline, I have yet to encounter a link, flyer, or official document stating that this is in fact the deadline. Not discounting that this a possibility.. but if someone does official Fairmont documentation stating this deadline, please post.

IMHO, with bookings into June with NFAF, I don't see how logically anyone first concluded that March 31st, 2010 was in fact the cut off date for reservations, now presumably the deadline for bookings.^
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
As there has been alot of FT members quoting the March 31st, 2010 deadline, I have yet to encounter a link, flyer, or official document stating that this is in fact the deadline. Not discounting that this a possibility.. but if someone does official Fairmont documentation stating this deadline, please post.

IMHO, with bookings into June with NFAF, I don't see how logically anyone first concluded that March 31st, 2010 was in fact the cut off date for reservations, now presumably the deadline for bookings.^
The reason why you don't see a link, flyer, or official document for this is because this promotion is not advertised to the general public and was only communicated within. You are in fact only supposed to hear about this promotion through a family/friend. March 31, 2010 is the last deadline date given to use (after the original December 31, 2009 deadline was extended). Because we have yet to hear about a new deadline, this is still the deadline that we stand by. And it was made clear that the deadline is for all stays up until that particular date, in this case March 31, 2010.

Friends and Family rates will not end but the access for non-Fairmont employees to make these reservations online on their own will eventually come to an end. It will go back to the original way of booking these Friends and Family rates which is through the employee through their reservations website/phone number.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
The reason why you don't see a link, flyer, or official document for this is because this promotion is not advertised to the general public and was only communicated within. You are in fact only supposed to hear about this promotion through a family/friend. March 31, 2010 is the last deadline date given to use (after the original December 31, 2009 deadline was extended). Because we have yet to hear about a new deadline, this is still the deadline that we stand by. And it was made clear that the deadline is for all stays up until that particular date, in this case March 31, 2010.

Friends and Family rates will not end but the access for non-Fairmont employees to make these reservations online on their own will eventually come to an end. It will go back to the original way of booking these Friends and Family rates which is through the employee through their reservations website/phone number.
Thanks for the response.. still seems like a fictitious deadline to me with no substance. No offense or anything, but there are entire threads asking about a deadline that doesn't exist. F&F has always been available in one form or another, and knowing Fairmont employees won't stop F&F even with a deadline.

I've asked for substance for some time now, a link or something.. to no avail, just a bunch of posters saying March 31st, 2010.. where is the evidence?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I have made several bookings well into May 2010...
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I agree, while I have receieved official word that it expires March 31, 2009 (internal expiry date), they are obviously pleased with the results and are going to continute it. Don't kid yourself, they are tracking revenues with this code - and like what they see I am sure.

Also, why wouldn they continue to offer this? Most of the time, prices aren't that low anymore, and there OFTEN is a better price elsewhere.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:33 am

anybody ever stay at shutters on the beach? i am waiting for a deal for miramar but never been to either, miramar is closer to pier and shopping i am told...

if there is a better thread to ask this in let me know

didnt want to start new thread just for this but maybe i should
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by randys1
anybody ever stay at shutters on the beach? i am waiting for a deal for miramar but never been to either, miramar is closer to pier and shopping i am told...

if there is a better thread to ask this in let me know

didnt want to start new thread just for this but maybe i should
There is a specific Fairmont forum, if that is what you are referring to? (Shutters on the beach is not a fairmont hotel - but there is a lenghty thread on miramar Fairmont)
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just want to check this rate is cancelable?

It says "deposit not mandatory"

I may need to cancel, but would like to get the booking in.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cressers
Just want to check this rate is cancelable?

It says "deposit not mandatory"

I may need to cancel, but would like to get the booking in.
Each hotel is different. Read the cancellation policy on the right hand side during the last step of the reservation. Usually it can be canceled.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.