Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Booked 15 nights into April NFAF. Most hotels seem to be getting NFAF reservations 90 days out into May, now June. Book now! After March 31st, who knows?

They've been jacking up NFAF rates unfortunately. Almost all hotels have a cheaper option, so shop wisely.. i.e. Advanced pre-paid. NFAF I find has limited rooms, while other promos have a great variety.
I'm going to put Fairmont on my consideration list, but I've had one bad and one good experience with them. NOt completely sold

Last edited by helenkan; Mar 9, 2010 at 11:25 am
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ericw
I was searching some nights in Bermuda for Apr/May long weekend. The website did give me NFAF rate.... Do you think that will be honored? Thx.
Gee, I didn't even address your question whether the rate will be honored or not on the last post. I've personally travelling with family at staying over 70 times at Fairmonts have never experienced an incident where they didn't honor the rate that you booked.

Having said that, make sure you print off a hard copy of your rate and details. A couple times, the system screwed up and generated different details, so I showed them what I printed off and each incident they were more than happy to honor the details to a 'T'.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Gee, I didn't even address your question whether the rate will be honored or not on the last post. I've personally travelling with family at staying over 70 times at Fairmonts have never experienced an incident where they didn't honor the rate that you booked.

Having said that, make sure you print off a hard copy of your rate and details. A couple times, the system screwed up and generated different details, so I showed them what I printed off and each incident they were more than happy to honor the details to a 'T'.
I would agree with printing the confirmation with the rate and details. This should be done whether or not the reservation is past the March 31, 2010 deadline. Always better to be safe than sorry!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I would agree with printing the confirmation with the rate and details. This should be done whether or not the reservation is past the March 31, 2010 deadline. Always better to be safe than sorry!
thanks to you i just made resv for june at san jose and got the rate...thanks again
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by helenkan
I'm going to put Fairmont on my consideration list, but I've had one bad and one good experience with them. NOt completely sold.
What happened.. I've had some bad experiences too.. Once you get up to the higher levels of FPC, they start treating their loyal members like royalty (i.e. upgrades, renovated rooms, etc).
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
the more this great rate gets out, the more likely it will be shut down. So thanks a lot to the big mouths who posted this publically. You have done most of us who have legitimate access to these rates no favours at all.
Don't worry about this.. This rate is ingrained so much, if they cut it off they'll lose $$Millions in revenue.. Anyways, to all posters of FT, check out all of the booking feature options.. i.e. advanced prepiad, packages, AAA, Entertainment, etc.. I'm finding that there is pretty much a 75% chance you can get a lower rate booking another method.. Fairmont has been slowly inching up rates, so its' not so great of a deal anymore. Having said that, NFAF gives you room only cancellation flexibility.

I find at Fairmonts you're going to have to spend money on other areas anyways.. i.e. parking, spa, breakfast.. so some of these packages when added up completely annihilates what NFAF is offering anyway. Shop wisely.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked a NFAF rate today for a stay in April(3 nights).Called Plat desk to u/g to suite with coupon.No problem at all.^
Old Mar 6, 2010, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by acysb87
Booked a NFAF rate today for a stay in April(3 nights).Called Plat desk to u/g to suite with coupon.No problem at all.^
22 nights at Big Island and Maui end of this month into the middle of April... No problem neither.. and all of the 22 nights in a one bedroom suite.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

22 nights at Big Island and Maui end of this month into the middle of April... No problem neither.. and all of the 22 nights in a one bedroom suite.
Have stayed at both properties.Very nice
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
coupon? I am new to fairmont and Presidents Club, is there a coupon I could get somehow for an upgrade?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by randys1
coupon? I am new to fairmont and Presidents Club, is there a coupon I could get somehow for an upgrade?
Yes.. Become Premiere or Platinum and you get a bunch. Easiest way to become Platinum is with American Express Platinum.. charge 5 nights, get promo code and become Platinum. Get free night, 2 suite upgrade certs, dining certs, and more.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:20 am

Yes.. Become Premiere or Platinum and you get a bunch. Easiest way to become Platinum is with American Express Platinum.. charge 5 nights, get promo code and become Platinum. Get free night, 2 suite upgrade certs, dining certs, and more.
thanx
Old Mar 7, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I think that AMEX platinum deal is Canada only, no? there was a long thread here last year about it, confirmed that USA AMEX platinum were not eligible. Can anyone confirm otherwise, since I would have certainly done this last year. We even called to platinum for the code, but were told we were not eligible.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nmenaker
I think that AMEX platinum deal is Canada only, no? there was a long thread here last year about it, confirmed that USA AMEX platinum were not eligible. Can anyone confirm otherwise, since I would have certainly done this last year. We even called to platinum for the code, but were told we were not eligible.
Canada Only! Can Americans apply? Has anyone tried? Can Canadians get the Bank Chase Cards for like 100,000 bonus points too. They should just make Canada, US into one big Western EC, then we can eliminate half the questions on these credit card threads.^
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:39 pm

Canada Only! Can Americans apply? Has anyone tried? Can Canadians get the Bank Chase Cards for like 100,000 bonus points too. They should just make Canada, US into one big Western EC, then we can eliminate half the questions on these credit card threads.^
I tried, and was of course denied.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.