Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cressers
Just want to check this rate is cancelable?

It says "deposit not mandatory"

I may need to cancel, but would like to get the booking in.
This rate is cancellable.. some hotels require a deposit, and there is a deadline to cancel by.

In a nutshell, this is not a rate that you make full payment and is non-refundable. Beware of the deadlines to cancel though.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan * United * Southwest * Avios * Alaska * Marriott * Hyatt
Can anyone PM me a "Booker ID" as stated in the OP?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:40 pm

I booked a reservation for 4 nights at the end of may into June using the FAF code and securing a nice discounted price. When I log onto Fairmont Presidents Club and check "my reservations" it shows that I have a reservation but no details regarding dates and price. If I try to print or email the reservation I receive an error code. Has this happened to anyone else? Any thought on if this reservation will be honored?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
This rate is cancellable.. some hotels require a deposit, and there is a deadline to cancel by.

In a nutshell, this is not a rate that you make full payment and is non-refundable. Beware of the deadlines to cancel though.
Yes the deadlines are important. I usually just setup an Outlook Calendar entry the day I book titled "Last Day to Cancel Farimont Res" and that usually works the two or three times that I have had to cancel due to unforseen circumstances.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:01 pm

Plaza hotel

NFAF not working for summer or fall reservations at the plaza hotel in NYC. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by sequitur
NFAF not working for summer or fall reservations at the plaza hotel in NYC. Any thoughts?
Lots of thoughts!!! None that are allowed on Flyertalk.

GOOD GOD PEOPLE! HOW LAZY CAN YOU BE?!?! If you want a deal, AT LEAST read the FIRST THREAD.

Quit asking questions that have been asnwered a MILLION TIMES.

And for the other question that has been ASKED AND ANSWERED 100 times, No, no official word on NFAF extension past March 31, but many people have been able to make reservations.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
You took the words right out of my mouth

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Lots of thoughts!!! None that are allowed on Flyertalk.

GOOD GOD PEOPLE! HOW LAZY CAN YOU BE?!?! If you want a deal, AT LEAST read the FIRST THREAD.

Quit asking questions that have been asnwered a MILLION TIMES.

And for the other question that has been ASKED AND ANSWERED 100 times, No, no official word on NFAF extension past March 31, but many people have been able to make reservations.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bsaced
I booked a reservation for 4 nights at the end of may into June using the FAF code and securing a nice discounted price. When I log onto Fairmont Presidents Club and check "my reservations" it shows that I have a reservation but no details regarding dates and price. If I try to print or email the reservation I receive an error code. Has this happened to anyone else? Any thought on if this reservation will be honored?
Seems a bit weird. Phone reservations and have them e-mail you a hard copy confirmation, and ask why the website isn't producing the reservation.. might be a computer glitch because my reservations have popped in the past.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sequitur
I guess you're a newbie, so we'll go easy on you. NFAF generally cannot be booked past 90 days, and has to be done online, unless you know of an employee who'll call it in for you. Best to do it online, so you can research the incredible amount of details. Having the 90 day rule as hard and fast, there has been some exceptions past 90 days discovered by some on FT, so do try the dates that you want.^
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:10 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
This rate is both designed to fill empty rooms. If NYC or any other hotel shows no availibility, you can guess that revenue management suspects that discounting may not be necessary. Also remember that participation levels for these rates is up to the property. Some properties are tighter than others.

The codes work, the rooms are great, qualification is not questioned. Enjoy the prices when they are there. But at times when this rate is not offered, brush it off. Don't forget to try again closer to the date needed... sometimes availability changes alot .

If you think that the NFAF rate is tough to find, you should see how extremely limited the staff rates are.... it's scary!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
If you think that the NFAF rate is tough to find, you should see how extremely limited the staff rates are.... it's scary!
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever finding these rates... Maybe I do not try the hotel everyone tries (the Plaza, but I stayed there already using this rate) but I have found easy availability in SFO, Scottsdale, Santa Monica, Kenya...
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:06 am

using the same computer or ip sometimes will give you issues,. a trick i learned a year or so ago...cant explain it, but it is an issue

use the office computer instead of the home computer sometimes to make sure
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:35 am

Tried NFAF and showing no room avaialble. Bummer.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Carianne98
Tried NFAF and showing no room avaialble. Bummer.
dont give up, try later, it does that sometimes
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by randys1
using the same computer or ip sometimes will give you issues,. a trick i learned a year or so ago...cant explain it, but it is an issue

use the office computer instead of the home computer sometimes to make sure
I've thought about this, and wonder if they profile the region or specific users to block them from getting the rates? But eventually, I seemed to discover an error, i.e. room dates with different months extending stays past the typical 3 weeks that seems to make each hotel say no availability. Any thoughts to why a different computer would make a difference?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.