Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Question SWISSOTEL and RAFFLES???

Where do you add the Booker Id for these hotel sites?

If they dont have a slot for them, then what?

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
According to a source at Fairmong, anything booked before 9 AM EST this morning with codes found on the internet this weekend will be honored.
I can confirm the same thing.It didn't matter if you knew the employee or not as long as the id was in the reservation,it will be ok.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:04 pm

I've read that they will not hassle you when you check in/out for an employee name/number if you didn't include it in your reservation.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by sammydavis
I've read that they will not hassle you when you check in/out for an employee name/number if you didn't include it in your reservation.
I think it really on depends on which Fairmont you are checking in at
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Don't know where you read this (source?), but i have heard the opposite. A booking ID validates the Friend and Family rate. In this promotion's sake, its better to be safe than sorry - put a booking ID.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:17 pm

a poster on dansdeals called a rep with this question.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:19 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
Is anyone seeing the booking ID in their confirmation e-mail or when viewing their reservation online? I made a couple of new reservations this morning and can't remember if I included the booker ID. I'm trying to determine if should cancel and re-book.

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
a poster on dansdeals called a rep with this question.
Actually, the comment on dansdeals says:
# nick Says:

April 6th, 2009 at 12:18 pm Reply to this comment

I called to confirm a reservation in DC, and they said that all I need is my ID and credit card. I specifically asked about needing to name who referred me, and they said no. We’ll see…
He clearly states that he had a referral in his reservation (Booking ID), but confirmed that he didn't need to know the name about who's booker Id he used.

Therefore, as stated in numerous posts, booker ID required - which makes sense.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:29 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by unrdchi
Is anyone seeing the booking ID in their confirmation e-mail or when viewing their reservation online? I made a couple of new reservations this morning and can't remember if I included the booker ID. I'm trying to determine if should cancel and re-book.

Thanks
Not if Post #241 is in effect!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I don't think you can view the Booker ID on the confirmation page.

So the only way to know if you put it in the reservation is to be sure that you actually put it in the initial reservation.

And I understand (from this forum) that the Fairmont will honor codes booked before 0900 4/6/09 but do the frontline staff know to honor these reservations still?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
According to a source at Fairmong, anything booked before 9 AM EST this morning with codes found on the internet this weekend will be honored.
If I put in the promotion code, I still see these rates. There would seem to be several possibilities -- anyone know which one is the case?

1. If I tried to actually make the booking, at some point the system would reject it
2. The booking would process, but I would later get an email or other notice from Fairmont saying they wouldn't honor it
3. The booking would process, but I wouldn't know that the rate will not be honored until check-in
4. The booking would process -- Fairmont wanted to stop them but for whatever reason hasn't yet -- and bookings made until the codes disappear will be honored
Old Apr 6, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
If I put in the promotion code, I still see these rates. There would seem to be several possibilities -- anyone know which one is the case?

1. If I tried to actually make the booking, at some point the system would reject it
2. The booking would process, but I would later get an email or other notice from Fairmont saying they wouldn't honor it
3. The booking would process, but I wouldn't know that the rate will not be honored until check-in
4. The booking would process -- Fairmont wanted to stop them but for whatever reason hasn't yet -- and bookings made until the codes disappear will be honored
hmmm... interesting possibilities. I think it all depends on the hotel. The last one is definitely out of the picture. And as for number 1, from what I hear on this thread, the reservation still goes through and they are still able to book with that rate. I think it really comes down to if they will contact you and tell you it's not valid OR you'll show up at the hotel and find out the bad news that way.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I gotta say, if one shows up at a hotel and the desk agent isn't going to honor the reservation, god HELP THEM! I think there is SOME responsibility on the part of Fairmont or the hotel at some point, to put a stop to a current reservation if they are not going to honor it.

If THAT is the way Fairmont wants to play it, then their PR dept, now KNOWING that people are booking this and expecting this NEEDS to put out a statement saying, this will not be honored.

For the benefit of the traveller AND for the benefit of Fairmont, because if I show up somewhere in a month, and it ISN'T honored and HASN'T been communicated in any way to the public that it won't be honored, I will NEVER, repeat NEVER stay at another Fairmont and will shift my entire travel dept. to NEVER stay at a Fairmont property again. I don't think I would be alone in that response. At this point, this IS not and SHOULD NOT be a crap shoot. The company, ANY company knows what has occurred as have the individual locations and there is SOME onus on their part to put a stop to it if that is indeed the case necessary.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 9:36 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Dang.. go away for the weekend with no FT access and miss this... Planning several days in Vancouver/Banff/Lake Louise in late May.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
you know

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
+1
you know nyx, my post was in response to this comment by you.

" I think it really comes down to if they will contact you and tell you it's not valid OR you'll show up at the hotel and find out the bad news that way."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.