Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I think we need to change the title of this thread to stop all of the Google newcomers searching for "Fairmont Promotion code." They make no effort, and just clutter this thread.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by andylogan
Read the signature very very carefully

You need to get a valid booker ID code. From someone.

Read the signature again.
^ +1. hahaa! Oh that's good. Thank you. I needed that.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:49 pm

Thanks!

Sorry...I did not see the signature until after I had posted the original message. So, if I am trying to get a reservation at the Fairmont Kea Lani, and I put "NFAF" in the promo code box, and get no results, should I assume there is no availability?

Sorry for the questions, but I have never used these promo codes for hotel stays.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by sosolik99
Sorry...I did not see the signature until after I had posted the original message. So, if I am trying to get a reservation at the Fairmont Kea Lani, and I put in the promo code box, and get no results, should I assume there is no availability?

Sorry for the questions, but I have never used these promo codes for hotel stays.
That's right - for those dates

Have you booked your flight yet?

If not there are other dates available (March 4 - 9 for instance) with the rates available. You're probably running into March Break/Spring Break with your original dates.

Just play around with it - hopefully you can find something that works.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:47 am

Does the F&F rate change like other rates? If it is something today, could it become something else tomorrow?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by UserMark
Does the F&F rate change like other rates? If it is something today, could it become something else tomorrow?
Yes, I've seen the F&F rate go up and down. Still usually cheaper than other rates.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 6:19 am

Re: Friends and Family Booker ID

I've used this code at least 10 times in the past few months, never asked for a booker ID. I'm pretty sure Fairmont is more than happy to not pay the commission to the employees.

Although I have noticed when they walk me to the room, they always say "so who do you know that works at Fairmont?" Pretty sure it's not a trick question, but the regularity that it comes up is kind of funny. Try not to sweat when they ask...
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Thanxs nyx.t2t for your help.

Stay in Singapore went really well.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by stephen.p
I've used this code at least 10 times in the past few months, never asked for a booker ID. I'm pretty sure Fairmont is more than happy to not pay the commission to the employees.

Although I have noticed when they walk me to the room, they always say "so who do you know that works at Fairmont?" Pretty sure it's not a trick question, but the regularity that it comes up is kind of funny. Try not to sweat when they ask...
This is true but once this promotion is done, you won't have a "friend" to help you with your bookings anymore because at that point you can only book through a friend and they have to actually make the reservation for you. It would have also been the nice thing to do to enter a booker ID of any one of the employees that may have helped with this promotion in the thread and not just come in to use the promotion but to contribute as well.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I was checking rates at the Fairmont Southampton in Bermuda and it seems the NFAF rate is valid thru the end of April. ^
Old Jan 25, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
While talking with a Fairmont Gold Lounge manager the other day (will keep location quiet to protect this individual) she mentioned that she expects this promotion to continue as long as the level of regular bookings is down.

No promises but it's reasonable that the NFAF rate will continue to be available later into 2010--but we'll have to see. Though I'd gladly trade a cheap Fairmont rate for a booming economy.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by stephen.p

THanks to Edmonton I use the code 5 times last year and got a nice status upgrade to boot. I cannot imagine not using the booker id. The fact that Edmonton is my "friend" means I get a great deal without having to worry about being asked who my friend is. No, I have never been asked!

The fact that Edmonton gets a small amount for each of my visits makes me very happy. I always think about my "friend" when I check in. Mental note of thanks.

Why wouldn't you want to reward the Farimont staff? We are all struggling through tough economic times.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
I always think about my "friend" when I check in. Mental note of thanks.

Why wouldn't you want to reward the Farimont staff?
+1. Well said.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:21 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
The system will take your reservation with or without the code.

While I generally agree with the above sentiment, and I appreciate the help that Fairmont staff members have been to the community, I don't think people should be guilted into putting in a booker ID.

I'll go even further. I've seen a thank you for the code a hundred times. But, I haven't seen any from the staff that are collecting the cash.

The original poster, CanuckFlyHigh , is, in my opinion, a genuine contributor to the FlyerTalk community with posts in 385 threads in 15 months. Interesting that the other member, who has been extremely helpful, has in 10 months, 286 posts in this thread and has posted in exactly 6 other threads during this time.

I have booked this promo several times. I use the booker ID of a friend that is an employee. I don't know if I would use the code of some of the members here. Why should this be an issue. We've all done so well because of this thread, nobody should be complaining.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I'm not complaining. Just puzzled as to why one would not use a code of an employee if that is said to be the proper way of making a reservation with this promotion. Some may think I am making this argument because I want them to use my ID but quite honestly, I don't care who's code they use. I just don't want to see a great promotion go down the drain because of a few people who feel it's okay to not follow the rules.

And +1 to Canuckflyhigh being a genuine contributor. I WOULD contribute to other threads if I could but I don't really have anything else to contribute. Actually I was invited to this forum by Canuckflyhigh because he knew I was an employee and could help out with questions and concerns about this promotion when it first came out. I did not come here on my own to NOT contribute. I contribute what I can and if this promotion is all I have, then I'll put all my effort into it. Yes, there is an incentive for me, but if you ask the members of this thread who have contacted me how fast I am at replying to their questions and concerns, you would know that I am working my tail off for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.