Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Well, well... I have several mails offering to apply the rate for stays after 31/3/10. I think it has been very successful given that I have stayed for over 20 nights at Fairmont properties already where I would never have considered using them otherwise. I have a friend at the Fairmont Marketing Department. I'll ask her....
I guess Fairmont isn't enforcing their rules too strictly. We probably won't know for sure until the the date gets closer. Corporate Office here in Toronto will have to make the final decision in the end.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:14 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
the more this great rate gets out, the more likely it will be shut down. So thanks a lot to the big mouths who posted this publically. You have done most of us who have legitimate access to these rates no favours at all.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
the more this great rate gets out, the more likely it will be shut down. So thanks a lot to the big mouths who posted this publically. You have done most of us who have legitimate access to these rates no favours at all.
Complete and utter nonsense. I have a friend in the Fairmont Marketing Department (which is in London, not Toronto) and this code was meant to be shared although they preferred (and requested) the rates to remain unpublished.

It is/was a very clever marketing strategy to increase brand awareness at no extra cost (even creating extra revenue) since hotels only make their spare capacity available for it.

So get of your high horse. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:39 am

Very rude and disrespectful post. If this promotion wasn't as successful as it has been, it may not have even been extended past the original December 31, 2009 deadline.

On a side note, for anyone who is using my booker ID code, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you contact me about your reservations once you have done so. I have recently been contacted by a property (will keep that property anonymous) to confirm my friendship with a person who had booked for their parents. I kindly ask if you plan to make a reservation for family, to please run it by me before doing so.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:57 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by durham70
I thought the promotion expired March 31 ?
I've been holding off in the hope it is extended..........

"The promotion," as stated many times, isn't the Friends & Family rate. "The Promotion" is a $10 bonus to the employee for each F&F booking made with their number. As I understand, for the promotion, the employee can feel free to distribute the booker ID more loosely than usual... term of which I am not totally familliar.

If "the promotion" ends, people should expect the Friends & Family rate to continue... You may however, be required to actually be a Friend or Family of an employee.

The "Friends and Family" rates have been a part of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts since before the company merged with and assumed the brand from Canadian Pacific Hotels & Resorts.

"The Promotion" should not be confused with the "reservations department." If you book through the Fairmont booking system, and this code requires bookings to be done online IIRC, you will be issued a Reservation Confirmation. Expect confirmed bookings to be honored.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:10 am
Suspended

Thanks for the info.
Keep posting.!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:46 pm

Smile F&F worked for me!

Thanks for the tip! Booked a trip to Scottsdale in April.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:52 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Slightly shocked even with NFAF, DC week day is still as high as $xxx and weekend is a more decent $xxx this month.

I only mention this because Westin has STARHOT for $69 all days of this month.

I usually stay loyal to Fairmont, but I think I have to jump ship for Westin on this one. Sry guys!

Last edited by MileageAddict; Feb 10, 2010 at 10:26 am Reason: posted rates are against terms and conditions of promo
Old Feb 10, 2010, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by scanner78
Thanks for the tip! Booked a trip to Scottsdale in April.
See you there! (if your there end of the third week of April that is...)
Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:36 pm

IF THE OFFER is extended I would love to get the details as I am spending some time at the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica in June of this year

thanks...
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Very rude and disrespectful post. If this promotion wasn't as successful as it has been, it may not have even been extended past the original December 31, 2009 deadline.

On a side note, for anyone who is using my booker ID code, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you contact me about your reservations once you have done so. I have recently been contacted by a property (will keep that property anonymous) to confirm my friendship with a person who had booked for their parents. I kindly ask if you plan to make a reservation for family, to please run it by me before doing so.

Thanks for this great offer. Just got back from 12 days at the Fairmont Mayakoba and it was awesome!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Silvercity
Thanks for this great offer. Just got back from 12 days at the Fairmont Mayakoba and it was awesome!
Wow 12 days over there would be amazing! A bit jealous here. Glad I could help!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
wow, some people just don't get it.

sad actually, especially for such a long term member.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by nmenaker
wow, some people just don't get it.

sad actually, especially for such a long term member.
Huh?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Silvercity
I was just there last week, I'm sure we were there the same time. A fantastic property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.