[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
Thanks to both nyx.t2t and edmonton2001 for being here on FT and helping us all out.
+1 ^^
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Just about guests who have used my booker ID that were being rude to front desk and demanding things because they "know" me. Things like that.
Oh my. It takes all kinds. Sorry you had to suffer such people. But from the (many many more) rest of us, thanks for your help.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Anyone heard anything about if this will be extended PAST 12/31/09? Of course we aren't going to see ANY measurable uptick in the economy by then, and certainly TRAVEL will still be off or worse Q1 and Q2 of next year.

When will they simply extend it?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Haven't heard anything yet... but I will definitely keep you all posted if/when I do!

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Anyone heard anything about if this will be extended PAST 12/31/09? Of course we aren't going to see ANY measurable uptick in the economy by then, and certainly TRAVEL will still be off or worse Q1 and Q2 of next year.

When will they simply extend it?
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
Cool This does work.....do not fear!

Just wanted to update everyone that this does work. I just checked in and no issues at all. $xxx.00 rate too! Thanks for this one. Have a couple of other stays booked as well. Apparently you don't need the employee code, but I would put it there just to provide an encouragement to people to post these kind of deals on FT in the future.

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I am not a Fairmont employee and have no affiliation with Fairmont Hotels. Do not PM me to request a Booker ID. I obtain no personal gain from whichever Booker ID/Friend you decide to contact on this thread.

A few details: RATES and BOOKER ID's can not be posted publicly by Fairmont employees. There are Fairmont legal and T+C issues regarding this. Fairmont is encouraging Employees to promote this to their "FRIENDS" and family and offering incentives for doing so! There is a Fairmont employee on this forum (USER ID - nyx.t2t, the original Fairmont Employee on this thread) who you may want to PM and become friends with.

April 20, 2009 UPDATE: In response to a question emailed regarding stay credit:

Good afternoon,
That NFAF rate would qualify for Fairmont President's Club credit, but not for Airline miles.
Best Regards,

XXXX XXXX
Loyalty Services
Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
1-877-232-7070

April 6, 2009 UPDATE: This rate also works for Swissotel and Ruffles Hotels. Although the NFAF code offers the discount online, we haven't had a member verify that the rate worked at check-in. If you have, please post or PM me.

CONFIRMED SUCCESSES/HOTEL REQUESTS

There have been numerous (Over 75 people via post and Private Message) successes for people using this code. NOT ONE PERSON has reported a failure with the use of this code with ANY Booker ID.

THE DEAL:

Last edited by MileageAddict; Aug 24, 2009 at 8:37 pm
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by BizClsDreaming
+1 ^^
I agree - I have not been able to take advantage of the rate, but I am still keeping an eye on it- thanks for the opportunity!
Old Aug 24, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Originally Posted by choptliva
Oh my. It takes all kinds. Sorry you had to suffer such people. But from the (many many more) rest of us, thanks for your help.
My sentiments too. I know most of us are all looking for bargains but people being demanding as if they have the right to on this rate is unacceptable.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 5:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by aruniyer
Just wanted to update everyone that this does work. I just checked in and no issues at all. $xxx.00 rate too! Thanks for this one. Have a couple of other stays booked as well. Apparently you don't need the employee code, but I would put it there just to provide an encouragement to people to post these kind of deals on FT in the future.
Yes, it's been working for almost 5 months.

If you want people to post these deals, use the employee booking code so the poster can get the credit. If you don't use a booker code I bet the person at reception puts in his/her number and gets the credit from Fairmont.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Aug 24, 2009 at 8:37 pm
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lili

If you want people to post these deals, use the employee booking code so the poster can get the credit. If you don't use a booker code I bet the person at reception puts in his/her number and gets the credit from Fairmont.
I agree 100%. I also added the booker code for a different promotion (Travelzoo in San Jose), since the pricing was the same, but earn airline points.

Funny thing, when I booked with a booker code, I was given the "possibility of paying for discount upgrades" screen, but not without it. I'll just take my chances, though, since I joined the PC.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:50 pm

how are people obtaining a booker id?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by ajk2n123
how are people obtaining a booker id?
Please read the very post in this thread... or my signature for that matter.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:20 pm

I am looking forward to my third Fairmont stay using the F&F code from Edmonton. I will be having nice night at the Queen Elizabeth in Montreal for back to school shopping. I got a great rate and then found an old room upgrade cert, I called and they moved us to a junior suite, we are thrilled.

Another jaunt I wouldn't have taken without the great deal, though as always I will be paying for all those little extrs whilst we stay to share the warmth.

Thanks again for sharing.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
I am looking forward to my third Fairmont stay using the F&F code from Edmonton. I will be having nice night at the Queen Elizabeth in Montreal for back to school shopping. I got a great rate and then found an old room upgrade cert, I called and they moved us to a junior suite, we are thrilled.

Another jaunt I wouldn't have taken without the great deal, though as always I will be paying for all those little extrs whilst we stay to share the warmth.

Thanks again for sharing.
Enjoy your stay at the Queen Elizabeth in Montreal but don't expect much in the suite upgrade. I used a FPC upgrade at this hotel last year - a compete waste of an upgrade certificate.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:04 am

Thanks Edmonton2001 for your booker ID! We just stayed at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in Montreal over the weekend, and it was a really nice hotel!

When we were checking in, I mentioned that it was our anniversary, and if they happened to have any empty suites available as an upgrade. She said she didn't, but would talk to the manager. I didn't expect anything, but thought it doesn't hurt to ask.

Fast forward to a few hours later when we return to our room, and there is a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries and two bottles of water waiting for us! We were both very impressed!!

By the way, the hotel also had the new BMW bikes sitting in the lobby for borrowing.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
Thanks nyx.t2t! Just checked out of the Royal York in Toronto, and had a very pleasant stay. The rate was fantastic, you couldn't ask for more from a downtown hotel. Hopefully i'll be back there next week I'll be bouncing around TO for a few more weeks at least, and being able to stay in a nice hotel in a good location makes a HUGE difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.