[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by cko64
It just makes common sense to have a print out copy of the confirmation email in case no free wireless in hotel's lobby.
actually I had a printed confirmation with me. The page was printed directly from my FPC account but was not showing the rate
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:32 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by udem
actually I had a printed confirmation with me. The page was printed directly from my FPC account but was not showing the rate
Did you use a booker ID number when you reserved or did you have one attached to it? That could be why it went back to the original rate. I think you're the first to have this problem. But I agree that it's always good to have a print out with proof of the rate you booked at.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Pretty much all the confirmation emails from my hotel stays such as SPG (Westin, Sheraton), Fairmont, MGM Grand etc..doesn't show the rate. I think that's pretty standard.

However, if you log in to the hotel website and pull up the reservation, you can review the rate. That's the page I usually print out, in case no wifi.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Jasper Park Lodge's rates of 119 per night were extremely low. JPL's peak season is summer, and they have now jacked it up to 179-199 per night for the NFAF rate. I can see why they are so sticky about it. Glad you proved then wrong. I booked nearly every weekend this summer at the 119 rate, havent used any yet, but I am sure I will soon.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Jasper Park Lodge's rates of 119 per night were extremely low. JPL's peak season is summer, and they have now jacked it up to 179-199 per night for the NFAF rate. I can see why they are so sticky about it. Glad you proved then wrong. I booked nearly every weekend this summer at the 119 rate, havent used any yet, but I am sure I will soon.
Jasper kept offering 119 NFAF rate even in late may when the neighbors already increased it to 149. I booked it around that time and shortly after it went up to 149 as well. I'll keep a printout handy.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Let me get this straight. You are tying up as much NFAF inventory as possible all summer with only real intent to use a couple of them? That is weak.

I realize the rate is cancellable, but really it should be used just in case your plans don't firm up as intended. Tying up rooms all summer until the last minute is extremely poor form...especially when it means you have restricted others from booking good NFAF rates.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by anti_ice
Let me get this straight. You are tying up as much NFAF inventory as possible all summer with only real intent to use a couple of them? That is weak.

I realize the rate is cancellable, but really it should be used just in case your plans don't firm up as intended. Tying up rooms all summer until the last minute is extremely poor form...especially when it means you have restricted others from booking good NFAF rates.
I wasn't very clear. I booked every weekend this summer that i *thought* I would be headed to jasper. It just hasn't worked out yet.

Also, I KNEW the rates would not stay at 119, therefore, when this came out in March, why would I not book any possible weekends I would be in Jasper. Or I could have waited until I knew for sure, and paid 199 per night. Hmmmm.... tough decision.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Did you use a booker ID number when you reserved or did you have one attached to it? That could be why it went back to the original rate. I think you're the first to have this problem.
it might be that. No booker ID, just the code... But I knew people who used only the code and no problem at Jasper. Thx for the heads up.
Maybe they should warn me in advance that the rate I booked changed in the system. saved me a lot of stress and possibly I could look elsewhere if I'm not happy.
First time this ever happened to me...
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:14 pm

it might be that. No booker ID, just the code... But I knew people who used only the code and no problem at Jasper. Thx for the heads up. Maybe they should warn me in advance that the rate I booked changed in the system. saved me a lot of stress and possibly I could look elsewhere if I'm not happy. First time this ever happened to me...
Maybe if you had followed the booking instructions you could have prevented this whole scenario?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
great experience in montreal and quebec!!!

A happy report here from us. No problem with either Montreal or Quebec. Our President's Club number allowed us the free WiFi. We were offered $119 per night in Montreal, which we accepted for four nights, and our lowest offer for Quebec was I think $129 per night but we chose the $156.60 one to get a room with a view. There were several rooms available at the lower price though. We did not know the day we would arrive in Quebec and only booked the day before, so we were especially impressed that it worked out so well. Both the Queen Elizabeth and Le Chateau Frontenac were gorgeous with great locations.

Thanks very much to the person who provided me with the booker ID. You are much appreciated.

At Le Chateau I was asked if I was myself a Fairmont employee, and I said that I was actually a friend of an employee, and she said fine. I don't think it was a question about my right to use the NFAF rate. More just friendly chitchat.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:14 pm

Thank-you peachfront!

I am so happy to hear about your stay. We will be going to Quebec City in September and we are really looking forward to it.

I selected a $139 room because it had enough room for my children and me...
My 11 yr. old is very excited about staying in a "castle" LOL!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
it might be that. No booker ID, just the code... But I knew people who used only the code and no problem at Jasper. Thx for the heads up.
Maybe they should warn me in advance that the rate I booked changed in the system. saved me a lot of stress and possibly I could look elsewhere if I'm not happy.
First time this ever happened to me...
please use the booker ids! just ask to obtain one, it makes it worthwhile for everyone!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
thats taking advantage of a generous cancelation policy. i hope you are releasing the rooms far enough in advance so they have some chance in reselling it.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I think he only booked a few. Not like he booked EVERY weekend. I'm sure more people do this than you think

Originally Posted by edmonton2001
thats taking advantage of a generous cancelation policy. i hope you are releasing the rooms far enough in advance so they have some chance in reselling it.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edmonton2001

No worries, as soon as I know I am not going, I cancel it. And like i said, I didnt book every weekend, just every weekend i thought I might be going to jasper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.