Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:03 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Thanks for clearing that up for all of us

Originally Posted by SouthOxon
Which URL are you using? If www.fairmont.ca try www.fairmont.com instead.

This is just another example of the shockingly poor web site implementation that Fairmont use. Two weeks in and I still cannot see the details of one of my reservations.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:40 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by azntenshi
is it just me but when I click the friends and family rate for the room and click submit I get this on the page:

Secure Connection Failed

fairmont.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for www.fairmont.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

What am i doing wrong?
I think around that time there was almost a whole day that the Fairmont site was actually all screwed up. I remembered clicking on Ottawa and was shown St Andrews in Scotland and so on, and then a whole error page. Other posters are absolutely right, this is one of the worst websites around among major hotel brands. Very inconsistent with the generally high level of service at Fairmonts....
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by azntenshi
is it just me but when I click the friends and family rate for the room and click submit I get this on the page:

Secure Connection Failed

fairmont.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for www.fairmont.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

What am i doing wrong?
This happens in Firefox when you do not use www before fairmont.com
Not sure about IE, but there is your answer for Firefox.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
upgrade certs and NFAF rates

Hi there,

sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn´t find an answer.

Can one use upgrade certificates / 3rd night free certs when having booked a room (Fairmont room or higher) with the NFAF rates?

Also, how does the early qualiying work? If qualifying in August 09, does one get certs that are valid until Feb. 2011 or does one get certs valid until Feb. 2010 and new ones for the following year? (which sounds to good to be true)

Thank´s a lot!

Best regards,
Jasper2009
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Hi Jasper,

Yes, you can use certificates on the NFAF rate.

Also, it isnt too good to be true. I qualified in February, so I got certificates good til Feb, 2010, and I will get certificates next year, good til Feb 2011.

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Hi there,

sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn´t find an answer.

Can one use upgrade certificates / 3rd night free certs when having booked a room (Fairmont room or higher) with the NFAF rates?

Also, how does the early qualiying work? If qualifying in August 09, does one get certs that are valid until Feb. 2011 or does one get certs valid until Feb. 2010 and new ones for the following year? (which sounds to good to be true)

Thank´s a lot!

Best regards,
Jasper2009
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thank´s a lot for your fast response!

That really is great news! Just to make sure I´ve understood the rules: one can´t use a cert to upgrade from a Fairmont room to Fairmont Gold, but would it be possible to use a cert to upgrade a Fairmont Gold room to a better Fairmont Gold room / suite?

Concerning the 3rd night free cert, would one book two nights on the NFAF rate on the internet and then call the hotel that one would like to add a third complimentary night (and also use a room upgrade), or what would be the best procedure as one can´t book the NFAF rates on the phone?

Thank´s & Best regards
Old Jun 3, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Had a really nice stay at the Fairmont Battery Wharf in Boston this past weeken. The hotel is brand new and modern, in a great location (north end).

Thank you nyx.t2t
Old Jun 5, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: Lufthansa-BA-Ethihad-Turkish Airlines-China Airlines-Oman Air - Hilton - Marriott...
@ekartash

the same happen to me at battery wharf in mai 20-23 / also was very much surprised about "little italy" along hannover street around the corner with its superb italian restaurants - too bad there are only a few fairmonts in europa :-)
Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thank´s a lot for your fast response!

That really is great news! Just to make sure I´ve understood the rules: one can´t use a cert to upgrade from a Fairmont room to Fairmont Gold, but would it be possible to use a cert to upgrade a Fairmont Gold room to a better Fairmont Gold room / suite?

Concerning the 3rd night free cert, would one book two nights on the NFAF rate on the internet and then call the hotel that one would like to add a third complimentary night (and also use a room upgrade), or what would be the best procedure as one can´t book the NFAF rates on the phone?

Thank´s & Best regards
Hi Jasper,
I may be wrong on this, but I thought you can't use the certs for gold floor at all. But I may be very wrong. Just my understanding.

But for the second point, no, in your example, you'd book 3 nights online, and THEN call FPC to tell them you want to use a cert or some cert combo. They make the notations and adjustments. And they will send you a revised confirmation. So the procedure is, book online, and then call FPC.

One final point. FPC is great that it lets us have early qualification. But their IT system, as you know, is not the greatest. Anyhow, unless the timing of your qualification coincides with their "sweep," you will not get the new status or the certs etc until their new sweep confirms your new status. I'd suggest that you contact FPC as soon as your own manual count tells you that you have qualified at a new status level and ask them to adjust their records. They are very good about it.

Enjoy!
chop
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Just a note of thanks to CANUCKFLYHIGH for bringing to our attention the Fairmont NFAF rate/program. Just completed a fantastic stay at the Sonoma Mission Inn, with a group of friends - a couple of us celebrating a major milestone birthday. Stayed in the Mission Suites, complete with a big Jacuzzi and fireplace. Hotel was kind enough under the NFAF program to extend a 20% discount on Food and Bev as well as waived local and 800 calls. Through my Fairmont Presidents Card, they also knew I was celebrating a birthday, and thoughtfully delivered a bottle of champagne with a card.

Cannot say enough about the level of hospitality provided by the entire hotel staff, and look forward to returning to this property again in the future.

Many thanks for a memorable birthday-fest!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 7:53 am

Can five people stay in one room/bungalow? I wish to have five of us all in one bungalow at Santa Monica, but even the system rejects 4 adults and one child. Would 2 rooms (2+3) be the only solution?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m5rcc
Can five people stay in one room/bungalow? I wish to have five of us all in one bungalow at Santa Monica, but even the system rejects 4 adults and one child. Would 2 rooms (2+3) be the only solution?
Depends how honest you want to be. I am not sure what the legal/fire requirements are, but I am sure if you just put 4, get a room with 2 doubles, and have the child sleep on a cot (if they allow it), or a single air mattress that you bring along, you would be fine.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just called the Fairmont Plat line and wanted to upgrade my room.The agent indicated I was on a "friends and family rate" and the person who is my friend would have to call to request my u/g.Apparantly a new poilcy according to Fairmont rep.
Will try again and let you all know how I do
Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by acysb87
I just called the Fairmont Plat line and wanted to upgrade my room.The agent indicated I was on a "friends and family rate" and the person who is my friend would have to call to request my u/g.Apparantly a new poilcy according to Fairmont rep.
So, why not just have the friend call?
Old Jun 11, 2009, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
Interesting. Seems pretty strange. Going with this "logic," shouldn't the friend or family be the person who book the room too then? Please do let us know how a different rep responds. My experience with Plat reps has been that those in the evening shift are really super good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.